I'm planning on visiting Portugal next month with my Mom. I'm 29 and she's a fun loving and young at heart 51. We'll be flying to Portugal from Scandinavia, where we are starting our trip. Right now, our tentative plan is:
- Wednesday Night, Arrive in Porto in the PM.
- Thursday - Day in Porto. See the City and visit the Port Lodges by the river.
- Friday - Wine Tour in the Douro Valley.
- Saturday - Morning Train to Lisbon.
- Sunday - Visit Sintra.
- Monday - Visit Lisbon
We love fashion, shopping, architecture, good food and drink. Any suggestions on the above are welcome! Also, I'd appreciate any insights on the following:
1. Are we allocating enough time to Porto?
2. What are the options for doing a Douro Valley wine tour? We are thinking we will get a driver through our hotel, but I'm curious to know what ideas are out there.
3. Do you need a full day for Sintra?
4. Is it better to visit Sintra on a Sunday or Monday? Just not sure when stores are closed in Lisbon . . .
Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 7 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 8 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 9 Towersey, London
- 10 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 11 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 15 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 Ireland in April
- 18 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 21 A few days outside Rome
- 22 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 23 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 24 CDG airport and connection time
- 25 Paris Metro