I'm planning on visiting Portugal next month with my Mom. I'm 29 and she's a fun loving and young at heart 51. We'll be flying to Portugal from Scandinavia, where we are starting our trip. Right now, our tentative plan is:
- Wednesday Night, Arrive in Porto in the PM.
- Thursday - Day in Porto. See the City and visit the Port Lodges by the river.
- Friday - Wine Tour in the Douro Valley.
- Saturday - Morning Train to Lisbon.
- Sunday - Visit Sintra.
- Monday - Visit Lisbon
We love fashion, shopping, architecture, good food and drink. Any suggestions on the above are welcome! Also, I'd appreciate any insights on the following:
1. Are we allocating enough time to Porto?
2. What are the options for doing a Douro Valley wine tour? We are thinking we will get a driver through our hotel, but I'm curious to know what ideas are out there.
3. Do you need a full day for Sintra?
4. Is it better to visit Sintra on a Sunday or Monday? Just not sure when stores are closed in Lisbon . . .
Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 3 13 nights in switzerland
- 4 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Germany-Car or Train
- 7 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 8 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Getting around London
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 WWI sites
- 16 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Paris in August
- 19 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Christmas in Spain
- 22 Brussels flower tapestry
- 23 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe