I'm planning on visiting Portugal next month with my Mom. I'm 29 and she's a fun loving and young at heart 51. We'll be flying to Portugal from Scandinavia, where we are starting our trip. Right now, our tentative plan is:
- Wednesday Night, Arrive in Porto in the PM.
- Thursday - Day in Porto. See the City and visit the Port Lodges by the river.
- Friday - Wine Tour in the Douro Valley.
- Saturday - Morning Train to Lisbon.
- Sunday - Visit Sintra.
- Monday - Visit Lisbon
We love fashion, shopping, architecture, good food and drink. Any suggestions on the above are welcome! Also, I'd appreciate any insights on the following:
1. Are we allocating enough time to Porto?
2. What are the options for doing a Douro Valley wine tour? We are thinking we will get a driver through our hotel, but I'm curious to know what ideas are out there.
3. Do you need a full day for Sintra?
4. Is it better to visit Sintra on a Sunday or Monday? Just not sure when stores are closed in Lisbon . . .
Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 3 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 celticmoon, a quick question
- 25 Car service from Vienna Airport