I'm planning on visiting Portugal next month with my Mom. I'm 29 and she's a fun loving and young at heart 51. We'll be flying to Portugal from Scandinavia, where we are starting our trip. Right now, our tentative plan is:
- Wednesday Night, Arrive in Porto in the PM.
- Thursday - Day in Porto. See the City and visit the Port Lodges by the river.
- Friday - Wine Tour in the Douro Valley.
- Saturday - Morning Train to Lisbon.
- Sunday - Visit Sintra.
- Monday - Visit Lisbon
We love fashion, shopping, architecture, good food and drink. Any suggestions on the above are welcome! Also, I'd appreciate any insights on the following:
1. Are we allocating enough time to Porto?
2. What are the options for doing a Douro Valley wine tour? We are thinking we will get a driver through our hotel, but I'm curious to know what ideas are out there.
3. Do you need a full day for Sintra?
4. Is it better to visit Sintra on a Sunday or Monday? Just not sure when stores are closed in Lisbon . . .
Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 6 Amsterdam hotels
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 12 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 13 Brugge hotel help
- 14 Old European currency
- 15 Denmark or Sweden?
- 16 Five night Ireland Trip
- 17 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 London Hotels
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 1 month in Europe
- 25 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)