I'm accompanying my husband on a business trip that is taking place in Cascais in early November. We'll be in Cascais for two days before the meeting. Once the meeting is over (another 2 days), I think I'll be ready to see other things. We'll have 5 full days to travel, and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to visit both the Algarve (Faro or Lagos) AND Lisbon, or whether we'll be spreading ourselves too thin. I've heard rave reviews in regards to Lisbon and am eager to spend some time there, but my husband is not a big city boy and so I was thinking that heading south for a few days might be good for him (we enjoy moderate hiking). I also thought the temperature might be a few degrees warmer (which is why I'm choosing not to head north to Porto and the Douro valley). If it is feasible to do both, should I head south first and then return to Lisbon (closer to the airport)? We are planning to travel by train. Oh and I should mention that there will be an organized trip to Sintra during the meeting, so I won't need to detour there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 2 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Edinburgh to Skye
- 5 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 8 Emergencies in Ireland
- 9 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 10 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 11 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 12 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 3 weeks in Spain
- 17 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 18 Rent a car in England
- 19 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 20 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 21 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 22 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 23 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 24 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 25 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please