I'm accompanying my husband on a business trip that is taking place in Cascais in early November. We'll be in Cascais for two days before the meeting. Once the meeting is over (another 2 days), I think I'll be ready to see other things. We'll have 5 full days to travel, and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to visit both the Algarve (Faro or Lagos) AND Lisbon, or whether we'll be spreading ourselves too thin. I've heard rave reviews in regards to Lisbon and am eager to spend some time there, but my husband is not a big city boy and so I was thinking that heading south for a few days might be good for him (we enjoy moderate hiking). I also thought the temperature might be a few degrees warmer (which is why I'm choosing not to head north to Porto and the Douro valley). If it is feasible to do both, should I head south first and then return to Lisbon (closer to the airport)? We are planning to travel by train. Oh and I should mention that there will be an organized trip to Sintra during the meeting, so I won't need to detour there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Language to use in Belgium
- 5 Getting around London
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 WWI sites
- 9 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Paris in August
- 12 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 Christmas in Spain
- 15 Germany-Car or Train
- 16 Brussels flower tapestry
- 17 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 18 Lake Como,Italy
- 19 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 20 Valencia Spain
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 23 Places to visit from Zurich
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!