I'm accompanying my husband on a business trip that is taking place in Cascais in early November. We'll be in Cascais for two days before the meeting. Once the meeting is over (another 2 days), I think I'll be ready to see other things. We'll have 5 full days to travel, and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to visit both the Algarve (Faro or Lagos) AND Lisbon, or whether we'll be spreading ourselves too thin. I've heard rave reviews in regards to Lisbon and am eager to spend some time there, but my husband is not a big city boy and so I was thinking that heading south for a few days might be good for him (we enjoy moderate hiking). I also thought the temperature might be a few degrees warmer (which is why I'm choosing not to head north to Porto and the Douro valley). If it is feasible to do both, should I head south first and then return to Lisbon (closer to the airport)? We are planning to travel by train. Oh and I should mention that there will be an organized trip to Sintra during the meeting, so I won't need to detour there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Student: SETUP HP /TOshiba TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 PRINTER b*g
- 2 3 nights in Madrid
- 3 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 4 Help with Ireland Trip
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 7 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 8 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 9 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 10 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 11 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 12 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 13 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 14 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 15 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Bernese Oberland
- 22 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 23 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 24 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 25 Couscous