I'm accompanying my husband on a business trip that is taking place in Cascais in early November. We'll be in Cascais for two days before the meeting. Once the meeting is over (another 2 days), I think I'll be ready to see other things. We'll have 5 full days to travel, and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to visit both the Algarve (Faro or Lagos) AND Lisbon, or whether we'll be spreading ourselves too thin. I've heard rave reviews in regards to Lisbon and am eager to spend some time there, but my husband is not a big city boy and so I was thinking that heading south for a few days might be good for him (we enjoy moderate hiking). I also thought the temperature might be a few degrees warmer (which is why I'm choosing not to head north to Porto and the Douro valley). If it is feasible to do both, should I head south first and then return to Lisbon (closer to the airport)? We are planning to travel by train. Oh and I should mention that there will be an organized trip to Sintra during the meeting, so I won't need to detour there. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 credit and debit cards
- 2 Transportation Question Italy
- 3 Help with basic itinerary
- 4 Short Trip to Paris
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 6 Greece and Italy Combo
- 7 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 8 Final Four
- 9 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 10 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 11 Where are the Mods?
- 12 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 13 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 14 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 15 Visit to Engand
- 16 Cinqueterre
- 17 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 18 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 21 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 22 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 23 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 24 Cornwall UK
- 25 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain