I am getting married this coming January, however we wont be taking our honeymoon until later in the year. I have so much to ask!! I have been doing as-thorough-as-possible research about where to go, when to go etc.
About the when: We must go after July 1st, so I was considering going during the begining of July or the end of August/begining of September. We dont want it to be excruicatingly hot, but not cool or rainy either. I would also like the country to be more or less colourful and in bloom. When is the better time to go?
About the where: We will be going for a 10 days, we may be able to extend it to 14 days but we wont know until much later in the year, so I want to just plan for 10 days for now.
This is what I have come up with so far, anything from opinions to hotel recommendation are welcome!! We are extremely excited and would love to hear from experienced travellers and folks that have already visited.
-Fly in to Lisbon
-Stay in Lisbon, take day trips to Sintra, Cascais, and Evora
-Take an early train from Lisbon to Coimbra, stay for the day and leave to Porto at night
-Stay in Porto, take a two day river cruise on the River Douro
-Leave from Porto back to NY
I am torn between stay longer in Porto or Lisbon, to give a better idea of our tastes we visited Spain two summers ago, specifically Barcelona, Madrid, Granada and Malaga and we enjoyed Barcelona and Granada much more than Madrid and Malaga - that may be telling, if not I can elaborate more later.
Lastly, I was strongly considering visiting Madeira (Funchal) for a few nights, of course I realize that if we only get the 10 days to travel then there is no way to fit it into the itinerary. But if we do go for 14 days, is Madeira really worth the trip?
Does my overall itinerary seem too overwhelming for a 10 day honeymoon?
Thanks a ton to everyone who helps!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and South of France
- 2 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 3 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 4 마닐라인터넷카지노＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 5 필리핀온라인카지노＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 6 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 7 실시간카지노딜러＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 8 인터넷월드카지노＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 9 타짜카지노사이트＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 10 테크노카지노사이트＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 11 스타카지노사이트＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 12 썬시티카지노사이트＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 13 와와카지노사이트＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 14 월드카지노사이트＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 15 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 16 태양성카지노사이트＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 17 Prague itinerary advice
- 18 카지노게임사이트＼＼〃〃WD99.ZE。AM〃〃＼＼바카라사이트추천
- 19 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zyntix-reviews/
- 20 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 21 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 22 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 23 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 24 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 25 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?