I'll be going to Portugal in early September with 3 friends and we are in the early stages of planning what to do. None of us have been there before and have had it on our bucket lists for a long time. We are interested in the architecture, culture, pottery, wine and food. We will be arriving there after 7 nights in Marrakesh. We will be arriving by plane (seems to be the easiest way to get there without spending all day traveling). We are open to having a car or using public transport. We will depart for home from Lisbon and we all want to visit that city. We are thinking of basing ourselves there, renting an apartment and take day trips to places like Sintra, Fatima, Cascais, and others that spark our fancy but also explore Lisbon. We do want to do wine/port tastings. We also thought of splitting the time between Porto and Lisbon. The only issue is that the flights from Marrakesh seem to fly into Lisbon, then change planes to go anywhere else. Which is what makes us lean to staying put in Lisbon just for the convenience. We are not interested in moving to a different hotel every day, we like to have a home base and go from there, but 3 nights in one place and 4 in another is doable. So, you Portugal experts - what suggestions or insight can you share with me?
Portugal - early planning stage-stay in Lisbon 7 nights or split time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 6 London 2nd time around
- 7 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 8 Traveling in France by train
- 9 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 10 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 11 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 12 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 15 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 16 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 17 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 18 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 19 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 20 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 21 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 22 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 23 Sicily - not a trip report
- 24 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?