I'll be going to Portugal in early September with 3 friends and we are in the early stages of planning what to do. None of us have been there before and have had it on our bucket lists for a long time. We are interested in the architecture, culture, pottery, wine and food. We will be arriving there after 7 nights in Marrakesh. We will be arriving by plane (seems to be the easiest way to get there without spending all day traveling). We are open to having a car or using public transport. We will depart for home from Lisbon and we all want to visit that city. We are thinking of basing ourselves there, renting an apartment and take day trips to places like Sintra, Fatima, Cascais, and others that spark our fancy but also explore Lisbon. We do want to do wine/port tastings. We also thought of splitting the time between Porto and Lisbon. The only issue is that the flights from Marrakesh seem to fly into Lisbon, then change planes to go anywhere else. Which is what makes us lean to staying put in Lisbon just for the convenience. We are not interested in moving to a different hotel every day, we like to have a home base and go from there, but 3 nights in one place and 4 in another is doable. So, you Portugal experts - what suggestions or insight can you share with me?
Portugal - early planning stage-stay in Lisbon 7 nights or split time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 3 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 4 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 7 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 10 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 11 22 year olds in Europe
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Granada
- 14 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 15 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 16 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 17 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 18 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 19 Coffee in Naples
- 20 A Sardinia trip report
- 21 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 22 First time Ireland trip
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth