I'll be going to Portugal in early September with 3 friends and we are in the early stages of planning what to do. None of us have been there before and have had it on our bucket lists for a long time. We are interested in the architecture, culture, pottery, wine and food. We will be arriving there after 7 nights in Marrakesh. We will be arriving by plane (seems to be the easiest way to get there without spending all day traveling). We are open to having a car or using public transport. We will depart for home from Lisbon and we all want to visit that city. We are thinking of basing ourselves there, renting an apartment and take day trips to places like Sintra, Fatima, Cascais, and others that spark our fancy but also explore Lisbon. We do want to do wine/port tastings. We also thought of splitting the time between Porto and Lisbon. The only issue is that the flights from Marrakesh seem to fly into Lisbon, then change planes to go anywhere else. Which is what makes us lean to staying put in Lisbon just for the convenience. We are not interested in moving to a different hotel every day, we like to have a home base and go from there, but 3 nights in one place and 4 in another is doable. So, you Portugal experts - what suggestions or insight can you share with me?
Portugal - early planning stage-stay in Lisbon 7 nights or split time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in Greece
- 2 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 3 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 4 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 Reims for a day
- 6 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 7 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 8 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 9 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 10 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 11 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 12 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 13 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 14 Toulouse and beyond -
- 15 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 16 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 17 Vienna highlights
- 18 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 19 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 20 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 21 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 22 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 23 Seville hotels
- 24 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 25 Italy