I'll be going to Portugal in early September with 3 friends and we are in the early stages of planning what to do. None of us have been there before and have had it on our bucket lists for a long time. We are interested in the architecture, culture, pottery, wine and food. We will be arriving there after 7 nights in Marrakesh. We will be arriving by plane (seems to be the easiest way to get there without spending all day traveling). We are open to having a car or using public transport. We will depart for home from Lisbon and we all want to visit that city. We are thinking of basing ourselves there, renting an apartment and take day trips to places like Sintra, Fatima, Cascais, and others that spark our fancy but also explore Lisbon. We do want to do wine/port tastings. We also thought of splitting the time between Porto and Lisbon. The only issue is that the flights from Marrakesh seem to fly into Lisbon, then change planes to go anywhere else. Which is what makes us lean to staying put in Lisbon just for the convenience. We are not interested in moving to a different hotel every day, we like to have a home base and go from there, but 3 nights in one place and 4 in another is doable. So, you Portugal experts - what suggestions or insight can you share with me?
Portugal - early planning stage-stay in Lisbon 7 nights or split time
View all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 3 Travel by train or bus
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Florence in October
- 10 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 11 Traveling within Italy
- 12 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 13 first european holiday itinery
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 16 7 days in Andalucia
- 17 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 22 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 23 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 24 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 25 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???