I'll be going to Portugal in early September with 3 friends and we are in the early stages of planning what to do. None of us have been there before and have had it on our bucket lists for a long time. We are interested in the architecture, culture, pottery, wine and food. We will be arriving there after 7 nights in Marrakesh. We will be arriving by plane (seems to be the easiest way to get there without spending all day traveling). We are open to having a car or using public transport. We will depart for home from Lisbon and we all want to visit that city. We are thinking of basing ourselves there, renting an apartment and take day trips to places like Sintra, Fatima, Cascais, and others that spark our fancy but also explore Lisbon. We do want to do wine/port tastings. We also thought of splitting the time between Porto and Lisbon. The only issue is that the flights from Marrakesh seem to fly into Lisbon, then change planes to go anywhere else. Which is what makes us lean to staying put in Lisbon just for the convenience. We are not interested in moving to a different hotel every day, we like to have a home base and go from there, but 3 nights in one place and 4 in another is doable. So, you Portugal experts - what suggestions or insight can you share with me?
Portugal - early planning stage-stay in Lisbon 7 nights or split time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing & carrying a painting from France back to USA
- 2 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 3 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 4 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 5 I dream of Europe
- 6 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 7 Vitamins and carry on's question
- 8 Weekend in Norfolk
- 9 Best beach town in Italy?
- 10 Burgundy in May
- 11 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 12 Athens at New Years
- 13 chrismas in rome
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Cotswold Churches
- 16 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 17 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 18 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 19 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 20 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 21 My notes on Greece 101
- 22 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 23 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 24 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 25 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?