Hi Fine Fodorians,
I'm really stumped, and have difficulty making decisions so hoping this group can help.
I have about 5 days (4.5 days/4 nights) to explore the coast of Portugal. I will spend 5 days first in Lisbon, with a day trip to Sintra. I will then spend 1 night in Evora exploring a little on day 1 and a little on day 2. Then it's off to the coast.
Likes - hiking, being high up (coastal walks, going to top of things), swimming, surfing, culture, food, and seeing interesting architecture. This phase of trip should lead some relaxation I hope.
I'm struggling between these options:
- OPTION 1
-- Nazare - spend 2 nights (really only 1 full day) - I would love to swim in water a little bit, hike up the hill. Also would love a side trip to Batahla.
-- drive 2 hours south to Sesimbra
-- Sesimbra - spend 2 nights (really only 1 full day) - I would like to do the coastal walk a little south high on the cliffs, maybe swim for an hour, enjoy the town a bit, and hike up to the castle.
-- OPTION 2
-- Just spend 4 nights in one place, if I do, which one?
Towns on my radar are - Nazare, Sesimbra, and Ericeira.
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Sound like a dumb idea to break this up into 2 nights at 2 places?
Which is better, Ericiera or Nazare?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Can parking
- 9 italy Cinque Terre
- 10 San Sebastián
- 11 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 21 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 22 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 25 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
Hi Fine Fodorians,