Hi Fine Fodorians,
I'm really stumped, and have difficulty making decisions so hoping this group can help.
I have about 5 days (4.5 days/4 nights) to explore the coast of Portugal. I will spend 5 days first in Lisbon, with a day trip to Sintra. I will then spend 1 night in Evora exploring a little on day 1 and a little on day 2. Then it's off to the coast.
Likes - hiking, being high up (coastal walks, going to top of things), swimming, surfing, culture, food, and seeing interesting architecture. This phase of trip should lead some relaxation I hope.
I'm struggling between these options:
- OPTION 1
-- Nazare - spend 2 nights (really only 1 full day) - I would love to swim in water a little bit, hike up the hill. Also would love a side trip to Batahla.
-- drive 2 hours south to Sesimbra
-- Sesimbra - spend 2 nights (really only 1 full day) - I would like to do the coastal walk a little south high on the cliffs, maybe swim for an hour, enjoy the town a bit, and hike up to the castle.
-- OPTION 2
-- Just spend 4 nights in one place, if I do, which one?
Towns on my radar are - Nazare, Sesimbra, and Ericeira.
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Sound like a dumb idea to break this up into 2 nights at 2 places?
Which is better, Ericiera or Nazare?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tattoos in Italy
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria
Hi Fine Fodorians,