Been trying to figure out a good itinery to Spain and Portugal but still need some advice. This will be my first time to Spain and Portugal, and I am planning to go for 2 weeks. I want to mainly focus on wine and good food. Been doing research from bookstore and online, and I know that Porto and Santiago de Compostela (Portugal) and Rioja (Spain) are good wine region. Is that correct? And if yes, how should I lay my itinery. Also I would like to visit Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo, and Lisbon.
Should I fly to Barcelona --> Madrid --> Lisbon --> home? Or should I fly to Madrid instead of Barcelona? Should I take train within Spain and internal flight to Portugal? Please advise.
Portugal and Spain Itinery - wine and food
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 2 Casual men's dress in Paris
- 3 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 4 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 5 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 6 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 7 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 8 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 9 Wine tours - without a car and on a budget!
- 10 England sites not to miss
- 11 month's stay in Italy
- 12 2 month backpacking though europe
- 13 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 14 naples & pickpockets
- 15 Scotland day tour
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 18 Wine tour from Verona?
- 19 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 20 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 21 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 22 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 23 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 24 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 25 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...