My Fiance and I are in the process of planning our Portugal honeymoon. We leave June 5 of this year from Toronto, Canada and our budget is $8000 CDN (incl. flights, transportation, food, etc). We are most interested in: relaxation on the beach (just to start), culture/exploring, good food/wine, views/nature.
Tentative rough itinerary:
1. Start with relaxing beach lounging for 3 or 4 nights to rest and recoup after our wedding. We would like this hotel to be luxurious with a pool and beachfront. Possibly Obidos area.
2. Then we'd like to explore Lisbon and surrounding areas like Sintra (day trips) for 4 or 5 nights
3. Finish off in the Duoro region for the remainder.
Some hotels we are looking into:
The Praia D'El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort - we don't love that it is a chain, but do like that it has a beach and pools and looks luxurious: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lisdr-praia-del-rey-marriott-golf-and-beach-resort/?pid=corptbta&scid=b661a3c4-9c47-48c8-9e13-75b66089dd79
The Hotel Tivoli Lisboa in Lisbon - http://www.tivolihotels.com/en/our-hotels/lisbon/tivoli-lisboa/the-hotel.aspx
The Casa de Canilhas in the Duoro region: http://www.canilhas.com/
Not sure yet if these are within budget, but we'd like these or similar.
Are there changes you would recommend to this itinerary? Are there any recommendations on areas or hotels? We are really open to various suggestions. Our itinerary is not close to set in stone. When we started planning we had the Azores, Lisbon and Algarve on the itinerary then we switched out Azores for Madiera, but now we're leaning towards sticking to the mainland to try to simplify the trip and just explore Lisbon and the coast going north. We've read so many wonderful things about these areas. Our only concern is will this be hot enough to swim and lounge on the beach?
Will we regret not seeing the Algarve region or Madiera?
Any help and advice you can offer is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Book holiday homes with Kingdom of rentals
- 2 Advice: Tec*h SUPP0RT AOL MAIL CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 3 London is it worth it?
- 4 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 5 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 6 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 7 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 8 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 9 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 10 free international phone calls
- 11 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 12 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 13 France Study Abroad
- 14 Lisbon
- 15 Airport Transportation
- 16 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 17 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 18 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 21 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 22 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 23 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 24 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 25 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day