My Fiance and I are in the process of planning our Portugal honeymoon. We leave June 5 of this year from Toronto, Canada and our budget is $8000 CDN (incl. flights, transportation, food, etc). We are most interested in: relaxation on the beach (just to start), culture/exploring, good food/wine, views/nature.
Tentative rough itinerary:
1. Start with relaxing beach lounging for 3 or 4 nights to rest and recoup after our wedding. We would like this hotel to be luxurious with a pool and beachfront. Possibly Obidos area.
2. Then we'd like to explore Lisbon and surrounding areas like Sintra (day trips) for 4 or 5 nights
3. Finish off in the Duoro region for the remainder.
Some hotels we are looking into:
The Praia D'El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort - we don't love that it is a chain, but do like that it has a beach and pools and looks luxurious: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lisdr-praia-del-rey-marriott-golf-and-beach-resort/?pid=corptbta&scid=b661a3c4-9c47-48c8-9e13-75b66089dd79
The Hotel Tivoli Lisboa in Lisbon - http://www.tivolihotels.com/en/our-hotels/lisbon/tivoli-lisboa/the-hotel.aspx
The Casa de Canilhas in the Duoro region: http://www.canilhas.com/
Not sure yet if these are within budget, but we'd like these or similar.
Are there changes you would recommend to this itinerary? Are there any recommendations on areas or hotels? We are really open to various suggestions. Our itinerary is not close to set in stone. When we started planning we had the Azores, Lisbon and Algarve on the itinerary then we switched out Azores for Madiera, but now we're leaning towards sticking to the mainland to try to simplify the trip and just explore Lisbon and the coast going north. We've read so many wonderful things about these areas. Our only concern is will this be hot enough to swim and lounge on the beach?
Will we regret not seeing the Algarve region or Madiera?
Any help and advice you can offer is much appreciated!
Portugal - 2 week honeymoon June 5-June19
- 1 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 2 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 3 jungfraujoch mid june
- 4 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 5 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 6 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 7 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 8 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 9 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 10 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 11 Istanbul Logistics Help
- 12 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 13 day trips from Stuttgart
- 14 January 29 - March 27, 2014
- 15 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 16 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 17 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 18 Dolomites Drives
- 19 RHK's heading to Europe
- 20 Where to travel to after Croatia????
- 21 Germany with 6 month old.
- 22 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 23 Time in Strasbourg?
- 24 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 25 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"