My Fiance and I are in the process of planning our Portugal honeymoon. We leave June 5 of this year from Toronto, Canada and our budget is $8000 CDN (incl. flights, transportation, food, etc). We are most interested in: relaxation on the beach (just to start), culture/exploring, good food/wine, views/nature.
Tentative rough itinerary:
1. Start with relaxing beach lounging for 3 or 4 nights to rest and recoup after our wedding. We would like this hotel to be luxurious with a pool and beachfront. Possibly Obidos area.
2. Then we'd like to explore Lisbon and surrounding areas like Sintra (day trips) for 4 or 5 nights
3. Finish off in the Duoro region for the remainder.
Some hotels we are looking into:
The Praia D'El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort - we don't love that it is a chain, but do like that it has a beach and pools and looks luxurious: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lisdr-praia-del-rey-marriott-golf-and-beach-resort/?pid=corptbta&scid=b661a3c4-9c47-48c8-9e13-75b66089dd79
The Hotel Tivoli Lisboa in Lisbon - http://www.tivolihotels.com/en/our-hotels/lisbon/tivoli-lisboa/the-hotel.aspx
The Casa de Canilhas in the Duoro region: http://www.canilhas.com/
Not sure yet if these are within budget, but we'd like these or similar.
Are there changes you would recommend to this itinerary? Are there any recommendations on areas or hotels? We are really open to various suggestions. Our itinerary is not close to set in stone. When we started planning we had the Azores, Lisbon and Algarve on the itinerary then we switched out Azores for Madiera, but now we're leaning towards sticking to the mainland to try to simplify the trip and just explore Lisbon and the coast going north. We've read so many wonderful things about these areas. Our only concern is will this be hot enough to swim and lounge on the beach?
Will we regret not seeing the Algarve region or Madiera?
Any help and advice you can offer is much appreciated!
Portugal - 2 week honeymoon June 5-June19
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 2 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 3 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 4 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 7 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 8 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 9 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 10 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 14 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 15 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 16 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 17 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 18 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 19 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 20 Day trip from London to Paris
- 21 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 22 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 25 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!