My Fiance and I are in the process of planning our Portugal honeymoon. We leave June 5 of this year from Toronto, Canada and our budget is $8000 CDN (incl. flights, transportation, food, etc). We are most interested in: relaxation on the beach (just to start), culture/exploring, good food/wine, views/nature.
Tentative rough itinerary:
1. Start with relaxing beach lounging for 3 or 4 nights to rest and recoup after our wedding. We would like this hotel to be luxurious with a pool and beachfront. Possibly Obidos area.
2. Then we'd like to explore Lisbon and surrounding areas like Sintra (day trips) for 4 or 5 nights
3. Finish off in the Duoro region for the remainder.
Some hotels we are looking into:
The Praia D'El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort - we don't love that it is a chain, but do like that it has a beach and pools and looks luxurious: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lisdr-praia-del-rey-marriott-golf-and-beach-resort/?pid=corptbta&scid=b661a3c4-9c47-48c8-9e13-75b66089dd79
The Hotel Tivoli Lisboa in Lisbon - http://www.tivolihotels.com/en/our-hotels/lisbon/tivoli-lisboa/the-hotel.aspx
The Casa de Canilhas in the Duoro region: http://www.canilhas.com/
Not sure yet if these are within budget, but we'd like these or similar.
Are there changes you would recommend to this itinerary? Are there any recommendations on areas or hotels? We are really open to various suggestions. Our itinerary is not close to set in stone. When we started planning we had the Azores, Lisbon and Algarve on the itinerary then we switched out Azores for Madiera, but now we're leaning towards sticking to the mainland to try to simplify the trip and just explore Lisbon and the coast going north. We've read so many wonderful things about these areas. Our only concern is will this be hot enough to swim and lounge on the beach?
Will we regret not seeing the Algarve region or Madiera?
Any help and advice you can offer is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More Info >>>> http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/cerebrrin/
- 2 Manchester on derby weekend
- 3 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 4 Naples or Genoa
- 5 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 6 From London to Paris to US
- 7 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 8 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 9 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 10 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 11 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 12 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 13 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 Itinerary help please!
- 17 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 18 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 19 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 20 France to stop making foie grois
- 21 Holiday Itinerary
- 22 Car hire
- 23 Ireland driving itinerary
- 24 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 25 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help