My Fiance and I are in the process of planning our Portugal honeymoon. We leave June 5 of this year from Toronto, Canada and our budget is $8000 CDN (incl. flights, transportation, food, etc). We are most interested in: relaxation on the beach (just to start), culture/exploring, good food/wine, views/nature.
Tentative rough itinerary:
1. Start with relaxing beach lounging for 3 or 4 nights to rest and recoup after our wedding. We would like this hotel to be luxurious with a pool and beachfront. Possibly Obidos area.
2. Then we'd like to explore Lisbon and surrounding areas like Sintra (day trips) for 4 or 5 nights
3. Finish off in the Duoro region for the remainder.
Some hotels we are looking into:
The Praia D'El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort - we don't love that it is a chain, but do like that it has a beach and pools and looks luxurious: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lisdr-praia-del-rey-marriott-golf-and-beach-resort/?pid=corptbta&scid=b661a3c4-9c47-48c8-9e13-75b66089dd79
The Hotel Tivoli Lisboa in Lisbon - http://www.tivolihotels.com/en/our-hotels/lisbon/tivoli-lisboa/the-hotel.aspx
The Casa de Canilhas in the Duoro region: http://www.canilhas.com/
Not sure yet if these are within budget, but we'd like these or similar.
Are there changes you would recommend to this itinerary? Are there any recommendations on areas or hotels? We are really open to various suggestions. Our itinerary is not close to set in stone. When we started planning we had the Azores, Lisbon and Algarve on the itinerary then we switched out Azores for Madiera, but now we're leaning towards sticking to the mainland to try to simplify the trip and just explore Lisbon and the coast going north. We've read so many wonderful things about these areas. Our only concern is will this be hot enough to swim and lounge on the beach?
Will we regret not seeing the Algarve region or Madiera?
Any help and advice you can offer is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 2 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 3 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 4 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 7 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 8 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 First time in France
- 11 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 12 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 13 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 14 Europe in late January
- 15 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 16 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 17 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 18 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 19 Prague hotels
- 20 Portugal itinerary help
- 21 Munich
- 22 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 23 Puglia or La Langhe
- 24 What to expect over Christmas
- 25 14 days in Greece itinerary ???