My Fiance and I are in the process of planning our Portugal honeymoon. We leave June 5 of this year from Toronto, Canada and our budget is $8000 CDN (incl. flights, transportation, food, etc). We are most interested in: relaxation on the beach (just to start), culture/exploring, good food/wine, views/nature.
Tentative rough itinerary:
1. Start with relaxing beach lounging for 3 or 4 nights to rest and recoup after our wedding. We would like this hotel to be luxurious with a pool and beachfront. Possibly Obidos area.
2. Then we'd like to explore Lisbon and surrounding areas like Sintra (day trips) for 4 or 5 nights
3. Finish off in the Duoro region for the remainder.
Some hotels we are looking into:
The Praia D'El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort - we don't love that it is a chain, but do like that it has a beach and pools and looks luxurious: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lisdr-praia-del-rey-marriott-golf-and-beach-resort/?pid=corptbta&scid=b661a3c4-9c47-48c8-9e13-75b66089dd79
The Hotel Tivoli Lisboa in Lisbon - http://www.tivolihotels.com/en/our-hotels/lisbon/tivoli-lisboa/the-hotel.aspx
The Casa de Canilhas in the Duoro region: http://www.canilhas.com/
Not sure yet if these are within budget, but we'd like these or similar.
Are there changes you would recommend to this itinerary? Are there any recommendations on areas or hotels? We are really open to various suggestions. Our itinerary is not close to set in stone. When we started planning we had the Azores, Lisbon and Algarve on the itinerary then we switched out Azores for Madiera, but now we're leaning towards sticking to the mainland to try to simplify the trip and just explore Lisbon and the coast going north. We've read so many wonderful things about these areas. Our only concern is will this be hot enough to swim and lounge on the beach?
Will we regret not seeing the Algarve region or Madiera?
Any help and advice you can offer is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 2 SPAIN In 6 DAYS
- 3 Bosch Parade
- 4 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 5 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 6 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 7 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 8 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 9 Louis Vuitton/Prada/Gucci - cheaper in Paris/Madrid/London
- 10 Saver Fare vs Flexifare on Bahn.com
- 11 Need advice on Greek islands
- 12 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 13 Flying into Crete Chania - where to stay without a car?
- 14 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 15 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 16 http://testoxtrmadvice.com/celexas-male-enhancement/
- 17 prepaid sim card in Lithuania
- 18 Antwerp Tram
- 19 21 nights in England, please help
- 20 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 21 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 22 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 23 3/4/ days South of France
- 24 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 25 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)