My Fiance and I are in the process of planning our Portugal honeymoon. We leave June 5 of this year from Toronto, Canada and our budget is $8000 CDN (incl. flights, transportation, food, etc). We are most interested in: relaxation on the beach (just to start), culture/exploring, good food/wine, views/nature.
Tentative rough itinerary:
1. Start with relaxing beach lounging for 3 or 4 nights to rest and recoup after our wedding. We would like this hotel to be luxurious with a pool and beachfront. Possibly Obidos area.
2. Then we'd like to explore Lisbon and surrounding areas like Sintra (day trips) for 4 or 5 nights
3. Finish off in the Duoro region for the remainder.
Some hotels we are looking into:
The Praia D'El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort - we don't love that it is a chain, but do like that it has a beach and pools and looks luxurious: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lisdr-praia-del-rey-marriott-golf-and-beach-resort/?pid=corptbta&scid=b661a3c4-9c47-48c8-9e13-75b66089dd79
The Hotel Tivoli Lisboa in Lisbon - http://www.tivolihotels.com/en/our-hotels/lisbon/tivoli-lisboa/the-hotel.aspx
The Casa de Canilhas in the Duoro region: http://www.canilhas.com/
Not sure yet if these are within budget, but we'd like these or similar.
Are there changes you would recommend to this itinerary? Are there any recommendations on areas or hotels? We are really open to various suggestions. Our itinerary is not close to set in stone. When we started planning we had the Azores, Lisbon and Algarve on the itinerary then we switched out Azores for Madiera, but now we're leaning towards sticking to the mainland to try to simplify the trip and just explore Lisbon and the coast going north. We've read so many wonderful things about these areas. Our only concern is will this be hot enough to swim and lounge on the beach?
Will we regret not seeing the Algarve region or Madiera?
Any help and advice you can offer is much appreciated!
Portugal - 2 week honeymoon June 5-June19
- 1 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 2 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 3 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 4 Rhine River Intinerary
- 5 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 6 Help me decide between Kas and Kalkan!
- 7 Backpacking through Europe
- 8 Which tour company would be best?
- 9 I Need To Vent!
- 10 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 11 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 12 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 13 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 14 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 15 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 16 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 17 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 18 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 19 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 20 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 21 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 22 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 23 Where to take parents in Italy?
- 24 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 25 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations