I am a late twenties experienced solo traveler, this time going to Portugal with my mother. I have been reading a lot through the forum but I'm still unsure of where to focus. We won't be driving.
I don't want to rush to get anything done. I used to be a strict planner but I have realized now I generally like to take things slow and enjoy the moment, people watch, eat, have a coffee. In my previous travels, I greatly enjoyed immersing myself in the culture and meeting the local people.
I have planned a couple of days in Lisbon and once there, we will see what we want to visit and take day trips to Sintra, Obidos ans Belem.
Days 1-6 (June 3-8) Lisbon (with day trips)
Days 7-9 (June 9-11) Porto
Day 10 (June 12) ?
Day 11 (June 13) Evora
Day 12 (June 14) Lisbon
Day 13 (June15) Fly back home
- I'd like to visit the Douro valley but I'm still not sure how to do that without a car. Should stay somewhere overnight or do a day trip?
- I don't know what to do between Porto and Evora. I have read such great things about that city, I would hate to leave it out but maybe I'm overplanning.
Also, food is my passion so if you have any reccomendations or ideas on cooking lessons or culinary oriented activities, I'd love to know!
So that's what makes sense to me with what little I know. Input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris trip: My accommodation disaster and life saver
- 2 Renting International Cars from USA
- 3 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 4 My First Trip to Europe...
- 5 Iceland in October
- 6 All of Spain or something else..?
- 7 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 8 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 9 Barcelona Car rental return
- 10 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 11 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 12 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 13 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 14 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 15 Enjoying England for a year!
- 16 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 17 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 18 Greece Itinerary
- 19 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 20 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 21 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 22 gare de nord
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 25 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland