I am a late twenties experienced solo traveler, this time going to Portugal with my mother. I have been reading a lot through the forum but I'm still unsure of where to focus. We won't be driving.
I don't want to rush to get anything done. I used to be a strict planner but I have realized now I generally like to take things slow and enjoy the moment, people watch, eat, have a coffee. In my previous travels, I greatly enjoyed immersing myself in the culture and meeting the local people.
I have planned a couple of days in Lisbon and once there, we will see what we want to visit and take day trips to Sintra, Obidos ans Belem.
Days 1-6 (June 3-8) Lisbon (with day trips)
Days 7-9 (June 9-11) Porto
Day 10 (June 12) ?
Day 11 (June 13) Evora
Day 12 (June 14) Lisbon
Day 13 (June15) Fly back home
- I'd like to visit the Douro valley but I'm still not sure how to do that without a car. Should stay somewhere overnight or do a day trip?
- I don't know what to do between Porto and Evora. I have read such great things about that city, I would hate to leave it out but maybe I'm overplanning.
Also, food is my passion so if you have any reccomendations or ideas on cooking lessons or culinary oriented activities, I'd love to know!
So that's what makes sense to me with what little I know. Input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 4 SURPRISE TRIP
- 5 Language to use in Belgium
- 6 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 7 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 10 Palermo Apartment
- 11 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 12 Barcelona - places to stay
- 13 Fado in Lisbon
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 16 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 17 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 18 Moldova and Transnistria
- 19 Camogli and surrounds
- 20 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 Whistle stop family road trip
- 23 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 24 travel fan 220v?
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip