I am a late twenties experienced solo traveler, this time going to Portugal with my mother. I have been reading a lot through the forum but I'm still unsure of where to focus. We won't be driving.
I don't want to rush to get anything done. I used to be a strict planner but I have realized now I generally like to take things slow and enjoy the moment, people watch, eat, have a coffee. In my previous travels, I greatly enjoyed immersing myself in the culture and meeting the local people.
I have planned a couple of days in Lisbon and once there, we will see what we want to visit and take day trips to Sintra, Obidos ans Belem.
Days 1-6 (June 3-8) Lisbon (with day trips)
Days 7-9 (June 9-11) Porto
Day 10 (June 12) ?
Day 11 (June 13) Evora
Day 12 (June 14) Lisbon
Day 13 (June15) Fly back home
- I'd like to visit the Douro valley but I'm still not sure how to do that without a car. Should stay somewhere overnight or do a day trip?
- I don't know what to do between Porto and Evora. I have read such great things about that city, I would hate to leave it out but maybe I'm overplanning.
Also, food is my passion so if you have any reccomendations or ideas on cooking lessons or culinary oriented activities, I'd love to know!
So that's what makes sense to me with what little I know. Input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (USA) Te*ch SUPP0RT COMCAST CONTACT 1:8OO:54O:683O COMCAST Reset Password
- 2 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 3 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 4 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 5 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 6 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 7 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 8 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 9 Vatican tour
- 10 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 11 Day in Capri
- 12 alcazar question and seville advice
- 13 TSA Precheck
- 14 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 First visit to London
- 17 Paris travel help
- 18 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 19 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 22 Rome hotel
- 23 Villa in Italy
- 24 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 25 Help me make this possible!