I am a late twenties experienced solo traveler, this time going to Portugal with my mother. I have been reading a lot through the forum but I'm still unsure of where to focus. We won't be driving.
I don't want to rush to get anything done. I used to be a strict planner but I have realized now I generally like to take things slow and enjoy the moment, people watch, eat, have a coffee. In my previous travels, I greatly enjoyed immersing myself in the culture and meeting the local people.
I have planned a couple of days in Lisbon and once there, we will see what we want to visit and take day trips to Sintra, Obidos ans Belem.
Days 1-6 (June 3-8) Lisbon (with day trips)
Days 7-9 (June 9-11) Porto
Day 10 (June 12) ?
Day 11 (June 13) Evora
Day 12 (June 14) Lisbon
Day 13 (June15) Fly back home
- I'd like to visit the Douro valley but I'm still not sure how to do that without a car. Should stay somewhere overnight or do a day trip?
- I don't know what to do between Porto and Evora. I have read such great things about that city, I would hate to leave it out but maybe I'm overplanning.
Also, food is my passion so if you have any reccomendations or ideas on cooking lessons or culinary oriented activities, I'd love to know!
So that's what makes sense to me with what little I know. Input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 10 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 11 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 12 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 13 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 16 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 17 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 20 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 21 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 22 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 23 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Sicily