I am a late twenties experienced solo traveler, this time going to Portugal with my mother. I have been reading a lot through the forum but I'm still unsure of where to focus. We won't be driving.
I don't want to rush to get anything done. I used to be a strict planner but I have realized now I generally like to take things slow and enjoy the moment, people watch, eat, have a coffee. In my previous travels, I greatly enjoyed immersing myself in the culture and meeting the local people.
I have planned a couple of days in Lisbon and once there, we will see what we want to visit and take day trips to Sintra, Obidos ans Belem.
Days 1-6 (June 3-8) Lisbon (with day trips)
Days 7-9 (June 9-11) Porto
Day 10 (June 12) ?
Day 11 (June 13) Evora
Day 12 (June 14) Lisbon
Day 13 (June15) Fly back home
- I'd like to visit the Douro valley but I'm still not sure how to do that without a car. Should stay somewhere overnight or do a day trip?
- I don't know what to do between Porto and Evora. I have read such great things about that city, I would hate to leave it out but maybe I'm overplanning.
Also, food is my passion so if you have any reccomendations or ideas on cooking lessons or culinary oriented activities, I'd love to know!
So that's what makes sense to me with what little I know. Input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Excess insurance
- 2 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 3 London: Battle of the badges
- 4 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 5 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 6 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 7 RHK's Fall escape
- 8 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 9 Croatia in 7 days
- 10 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 11 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 12 Need Ideas for hiking in Europe
- 13 Loire Valley itinerary
- 14 Need help in travel planning
- 15 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 16 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 17 Europe Itinerary
- 18 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 19 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 20 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Germany train/bus question
- 23 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 24 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 25 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?