Our May trip to Scotland was postponed to September for work reasons. This time tickets are booked (non-refundable and reservations are committed. I have my itinerary from May, and I think (hope) the clothing idea's I got for May will work for September as well...all thanks to this great forum. I know I will have more than I can do in Edinburgh, but I am hoping to squeeze in a couple of hours looking at portraits of the Stewart Kings and Queens that I have read about...pre Mary, Queen of Scots. Are these portraits in the National Portrait Gallery or elsewhere? We are spending 3 days in London at the end of our trip, and I am headed to their National Galleries, but I know pre-James VI the Scots Royals were not part of England. Any help about where I would find the best collection of Stewarts portraits?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 2 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 3 Camogli and surrounds
- 4 travel fan 220v?
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 7 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 8 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 9 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 10 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 11 Palermo Apartment
- 12 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 13 Barcelona - places to stay
- 14 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 16 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 17 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 18 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 19 Europe in October!
- 20 B&Bs in Ireland
- 21 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 22 Moldova and Transnistria
- 23 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??