We are a couple in our late 20's and we have planned a trip to Portugal in June for 5 days. We are flying into Porto and out of Lisbon and want to spend 2 nights and 2 days in Lisbon. We need some sugfgestions for the other 3 days, I would like to explore Porto for a day and then spend the next 2 days in the Douro valley. Do we need a car for this? Are there any must see wineries in Douro? I've hear do the train and the riverboat but i don't know if driving would give us more options?
Also, should we then drive from Porto to Lisbon or is ther not much to see on the way?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Garda Land
- 3 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 4 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Hotel St. Petersburg
- 8 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 9 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 10 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 11 Dublin Leap Card
- 12 Vatican City questions
- 13 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 14 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 15 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 16 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 17 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 18 Piedmont as a destination
- 19 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 20 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 21 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 22 2 weeks Europe trip
- 23 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 24 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 25 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?