We are a couple in our late 20's and we have planned a trip to Portugal in June for 5 days. We are flying into Porto and out of Lisbon and want to spend 2 nights and 2 days in Lisbon. We need some sugfgestions for the other 3 days, I would like to explore Porto for a day and then spend the next 2 days in the Douro valley. Do we need a car for this? Are there any must see wineries in Douro? I've hear do the train and the riverboat but i don't know if driving would give us more options?
Also, should we then drive from Porto to Lisbon or is ther not much to see on the way?
Porto and the Douro valley
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 2 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 3 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 4 London 2nd time around
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 7 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 8 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 9 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 14 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 15 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 16 Rovinj, Croatia
- 17 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 18 Paris November 2014
- 19 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 20 Traveling in France by train
- 21 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 22 Unique Venice Activity
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 25 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!