We are a couple in our late 20's and we have planned a trip to Portugal in June for 5 days. We are flying into Porto and out of Lisbon and want to spend 2 nights and 2 days in Lisbon. We need some sugfgestions for the other 3 days, I would like to explore Porto for a day and then spend the next 2 days in the Douro valley. Do we need a car for this? Are there any must see wineries in Douro? I've hear do the train and the riverboat but i don't know if driving would give us more options?
Also, should we then drive from Porto to Lisbon or is ther not much to see on the way?
Porto and the Douro valley
- 1 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 2 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 3 Gogartys, Dublin
- 4 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 Europe with young teens
- 8 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 9 15 days in Europe,
- 10 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 17 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 18 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 19 Advises for trip to Russia
- 20 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 21 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 22 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 23 Prague - must see
- 24 Sicily 10 days
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris