We are a couple in our late 20's and we have planned a trip to Portugal in June for 5 days. We are flying into Porto and out of Lisbon and want to spend 2 nights and 2 days in Lisbon. We need some sugfgestions for the other 3 days, I would like to explore Porto for a day and then spend the next 2 days in the Douro valley. Do we need a car for this? Are there any must see wineries in Douro? I've hear do the train and the riverboat but i don't know if driving would give us more options?
Also, should we then drive from Porto to Lisbon or is ther not much to see on the way?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 air conditioning
- 2 Trip Report: Berlin
- 3 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 4 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 5 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 6 Ann Frank House
- 7 Barcelona Itinerary
- 8 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 9 Munich to Milan via train
- 10 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 11 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 12 Paris Visite pass
- 13 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 14 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 15 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 18 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 19 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 20 Barcelona sites: attire
- 21 Self-driving in Iceland
- 22 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 23 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 24 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 25 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city