We are a couple in our late 20's and we have planned a trip to Portugal in June for 5 days. We are flying into Porto and out of Lisbon and want to spend 2 nights and 2 days in Lisbon. We need some sugfgestions for the other 3 days, I would like to explore Porto for a day and then spend the next 2 days in the Douro valley. Do we need a car for this? Are there any must see wineries in Douro? I've hear do the train and the riverboat but i don't know if driving would give us more options?
Also, should we then drive from Porto to Lisbon or is ther not much to see on the way?
Porto and the Douro valley
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 7 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 8 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 9 nearby cities to london
- 10 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 11 London hotel
- 12 Prague - Tram #22
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 19 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 20 Where to stay in Rome
- 21 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 22 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 23 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 24 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 25 Italy Apartment What To Bring