We are a couple in our late 20's and we have planned a trip to Portugal in June for 5 days. We are flying into Porto and out of Lisbon and want to spend 2 nights and 2 days in Lisbon. We need some sugfgestions for the other 3 days, I would like to explore Porto for a day and then spend the next 2 days in the Douro valley. Do we need a car for this? Are there any must see wineries in Douro? I've hear do the train and the riverboat but i don't know if driving would give us more options?
Also, should we then drive from Porto to Lisbon or is ther not much to see on the way?
Porto and the Douro valley
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 trip to norway
- 5 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 My notes on Greece 101
- 8 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 9 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 10 Where to go in France mid July?
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 13 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 14 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 15 Is Venice really dirty?
- 16 Cotswold Churches
- 17 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 18 Best beach town in Italy?
- 19 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 20 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 21 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 22 Italy and Croatia
- 23 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 24 Five nights in Extremadura
- 25 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary