We are a couple in our late 20's and we have planned a trip to Portugal in June for 5 days. We are flying into Porto and out of Lisbon and want to spend 2 nights and 2 days in Lisbon. We need some sugfgestions for the other 3 days, I would like to explore Porto for a day and then spend the next 2 days in the Douro valley. Do we need a car for this? Are there any must see wineries in Douro? I've hear do the train and the riverboat but i don't know if driving would give us more options?
Also, should we then drive from Porto to Lisbon or is ther not much to see on the way?
Porto and the Douro valley
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22" or 24" for Europe trains?
- 2 Trip to Italy
- 3 Classical Music Concert in Vienna
- 4 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 5 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 6 Copenhagen hotel
- 7 scotland trave;
- 8 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 9 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 10 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 11 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 12 Please help me plan my trip!
- 13 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 14 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 15 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 16 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 17 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 18 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 19 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 20 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 21 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 22 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 23 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 24 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 25 Heathrow-Bath bus tickets