I am planning a day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Naples National Archaeological Museum. I know it will be a stretched day, but we are 2 young guys(23 yrs) and we think we may be able to pull it off. Please review the following plan and help me understand if I may be missing any caveats.
- Take Frecciarossa at 7-35AM from Roma Termini. Reach Naples at 8-45AM.
- Take the other train to Pompeii Scavi. I believe we would be able to enter the site by 9-45AM? Am I right?
- Explore Pompeii for about 4-5 hours and leave the site around 2-45 to 3 pm. Is this time too much or too less or appropriate?
- Take the train back to Naples, Then Take the Metro to the National Museum. Expect to enter the museum around 4-15.
- Enjoy the museum for a couple of hours (Only stuff related to Pompeii), Leave the Museum before 6-30 PM
- Reach Da Michele's Pizza from the museum and have a great Napoli Pizza. I hope the waiting should not be much if I reach before 7pm. If the waiting is too much then I could go to Pizzeria Trianon across the street from Da Michelle.
- After the Pizza feast head back to Napoli centrale and take the Intercity Train to Rome at 8-30pm.
Please give me your thoughts about this and also feel free to shout it out loud if you think this is crazy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 1 month in Europe
- 3 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 4 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 8 Paris hotels
- 9 London Hotels
- 10 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 11 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 12 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 13 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 10 days in Paris and......
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 LIsbon
- 18 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 19 Iceland in 7 days.
- 20 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 22 Luggage Storage
- 23 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
Pompeii and Naples day trip from Rome, is my Plan possible