I am planning a day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Naples National Archaeological Museum. I know it will be a stretched day, but we are 2 young guys(23 yrs) and we think we may be able to pull it off. Please review the following plan and help me understand if I may be missing any caveats.
- Take Frecciarossa at 7-35AM from Roma Termini. Reach Naples at 8-45AM.
- Take the other train to Pompeii Scavi. I believe we would be able to enter the site by 9-45AM? Am I right?
- Explore Pompeii for about 4-5 hours and leave the site around 2-45 to 3 pm. Is this time too much or too less or appropriate?
- Take the train back to Naples, Then Take the Metro to the National Museum. Expect to enter the museum around 4-15.
- Enjoy the museum for a couple of hours (Only stuff related to Pompeii), Leave the Museum before 6-30 PM
- Reach Da Michele's Pizza from the museum and have a great Napoli Pizza. I hope the waiting should not be much if I reach before 7pm. If the waiting is too much then I could go to Pizzeria Trianon across the street from Da Michelle.
- After the Pizza feast head back to Napoli centrale and take the Intercity Train to Rome at 8-30pm.
Please give me your thoughts about this and also feel free to shout it out loud if you think this is crazy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Long weekend in Albania
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 10 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 11 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 scotland itinerary
- 14 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 17 Hotel in Florence
- 18 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 19 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 20 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 21 Malta - how to do it?
- 22 Using CPAP machine in France
- 23 Castle Stays in Wales
- 24 Uk and Ireland
- 25 Sao Miguel in November
Pompeii and Naples day trip from Rome, is my Plan possible