I am planning a day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Naples National Archaeological Museum. I know it will be a stretched day, but we are 2 young guys(23 yrs) and we think we may be able to pull it off. Please review the following plan and help me understand if I may be missing any caveats.
- Take Frecciarossa at 7-35AM from Roma Termini. Reach Naples at 8-45AM.
- Take the other train to Pompeii Scavi. I believe we would be able to enter the site by 9-45AM? Am I right?
- Explore Pompeii for about 4-5 hours and leave the site around 2-45 to 3 pm. Is this time too much or too less or appropriate?
- Take the train back to Naples, Then Take the Metro to the National Museum. Expect to enter the museum around 4-15.
- Enjoy the museum for a couple of hours (Only stuff related to Pompeii), Leave the Museum before 6-30 PM
- Reach Da Michele's Pizza from the museum and have a great Napoli Pizza. I hope the waiting should not be much if I reach before 7pm. If the waiting is too much then I could go to Pizzeria Trianon across the street from Da Michelle.
- After the Pizza feast head back to Napoli centrale and take the Intercity Train to Rome at 8-30pm.
Please give me your thoughts about this and also feel free to shout it out loud if you think this is crazy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 May get together in Paris
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 Paris in September
- 7 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Day trips from Florence
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 12 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 13 First time in Bulgaria
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 25 Self drive tour companies
Pompeii and Naples day trip from Rome, is my Plan possible