I am planning a day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Naples National Archaeological Museum. I know it will be a stretched day, but we are 2 young guys(23 yrs) and we think we may be able to pull it off. Please review the following plan and help me understand if I may be missing any caveats.
- Take Frecciarossa at 7-35AM from Roma Termini. Reach Naples at 8-45AM.
- Take the other train to Pompeii Scavi. I believe we would be able to enter the site by 9-45AM? Am I right?
- Explore Pompeii for about 4-5 hours and leave the site around 2-45 to 3 pm. Is this time too much or too less or appropriate?
- Take the train back to Naples, Then Take the Metro to the National Museum. Expect to enter the museum around 4-15.
- Enjoy the museum for a couple of hours (Only stuff related to Pompeii), Leave the Museum before 6-30 PM
- Reach Da Michele's Pizza from the museum and have a great Napoli Pizza. I hope the waiting should not be much if I reach before 7pm. If the waiting is too much then I could go to Pizzeria Trianon across the street from Da Michelle.
- After the Pizza feast head back to Napoli centrale and take the Intercity Train to Rome at 8-30pm.
Please give me your thoughts about this and also feel free to shout it out loud if you think this is crazy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 2 Ireland hotel questions
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 Places of interest
- 5 vienna
- 6 Questions about Polish sights
- 7 Croatia Ferry Help
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 10 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 getting to CDG
- 13 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 14 Ireland travel passport question
- 15 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 18 Switzerland in November?
- 19 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 20 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 23 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 24 Barcelona cooking classes
- 25 Suggested Italy Itinerary
Pompeii and Naples day trip from Rome, is my Plan possible