Getting back into planning our next summer's European vacation and I thought it would be fun to have everyone's opinion on their favorite smaller European cities and towns.
We fell in love with Bologna, Italy. So much history and situated in a magnificent part of Italy (Varenna, Ravenna and Parma are close by). Not many visitors and as raw an Italian city that you will ever find. A hauntingly beautiful city that should not be missed.
So, 1 for Bologna, Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 5 Italy in a week
- 6 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 7 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 8 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 9 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 10 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 11 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 12 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 13 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 14 My special places in Europe
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 18 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 19 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 22 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 23 Travelling with Vueling?
- 24 Night Bus?
- 25 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)