Heading to Barcelona soon and trying to learn a little Catalan. My Spanish is acceptable (but not great).
I'm trying to determine how to ask when I want something. In Spanish I would use Quisiera/Quisieramos (Subjunctive) to be ultra-polite, but various guide books as well as translation apps have it:
This appears to be a mistranslation of "I would like..." leading to the Conditional.
What is the correct way to politely ask for something.
On the other hand, have I been doing it wrong in Spanish all these years?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 2 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 3 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 4 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 5 Cornwall UK
- 6 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 7 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 8 Hydra, Greece
- 9 travel around Spain
- 10 credit and debit cards
- 11 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 12 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 13 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 14 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 15 Charming areas to explore in London
- 16 8 Hours in Rome
- 17 I may be wrong....
- 18 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 19 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 20 Cash machines ATM
- 21 Train up the Jungfrau
- 22 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 23 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 24 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 25 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?