Heading to Barcelona soon and trying to learn a little Catalan. My Spanish is acceptable (but not great).
I'm trying to determine how to ask when I want something. In Spanish I would use Quisiera/Quisieramos (Subjunctive) to be ultra-polite, but various guide books as well as translation apps have it:
This appears to be a mistranslation of "I would like..." leading to the Conditional.
What is the correct way to politely ask for something.
On the other hand, have I been doing it wrong in Spanish all these years?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 4 Cambridge in May
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 7 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 8 Dog friendly hotels
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Madrid/Lisbon
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 16 Day trips around Vienna
- 17 Greek fuel cost
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 Killarney
- 20 Walking itinerary in England?
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 25 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations