Heading to Barcelona soon and trying to learn a little Catalan. My Spanish is acceptable (but not great).
I'm trying to determine how to ask when I want something. In Spanish I would use Quisiera/Quisieramos (Subjunctive) to be ultra-polite, but various guide books as well as translation apps have it:
This appears to be a mistranslation of "I would like..." leading to the Conditional.
What is the correct way to politely ask for something.
On the other hand, have I been doing it wrong in Spanish all these years?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Germany-Car or Train
- 3 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 4 SURPRISE TRIP
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 10 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 11 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 12 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 13 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 14 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 15 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 16 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 17 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 18 Valencia Spain
- 19 Europe for Beginners
- 20 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 21 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 22 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 23 13 nights in switzerland
- 24 Best daypack ?
- 25 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?