Heading to Barcelona soon and trying to learn a little Catalan. My Spanish is acceptable (but not great).
I'm trying to determine how to ask when I want something. In Spanish I would use Quisiera/Quisieramos (Subjunctive) to be ultra-polite, but various guide books as well as translation apps have it:
This appears to be a mistranslation of "I would like..." leading to the Conditional.
What is the correct way to politely ask for something.
On the other hand, have I been doing it wrong in Spanish all these years?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Provence in early June
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Need Information about French Alps
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 11 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 12 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Uffizi Phone Number
- 24 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??