Researching the Italian leg of our next (2016 ) European adventure, we have heard a number of recommendations - from sources other than Fodors - for visiting Polignano a Mare near Bari in Italy's Puglia region.
These recommendations have also included a "don't miss" dining experience at the unique Ristorante Grotta Palazzese.
Although I have yet to see a less than positive view on visiting Polignano, the opposite is true for visiting the restaurant. I don't think I have ever before read so many polar opposite views for dining at a restaurant.
On the one hand, "Fantastic service; beautifully presented fresh food and, though expensive, great value for money". Versus, "Do not waste your money! The service is outright rude; the food is stale and ordinary and it is the worst-valued restaurant in Italy!"
Apparently they also impose a mandatory minimum order of 3 courses per diner!
We are planning to stay 4 nights in the Polignano a Mare town (Casa Dorsi B&B) and were hoping for some feedback from the well-travelled fodorites out there on:
• The town itself
• The Casa Dorsi B&B accommodation
• and finally whether the Grotta Palazzese restaurant is worth the trouble.
Thank you in advance and regards, Steve
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 2 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 3 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 4 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 5 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 6 February in Florence
- 7 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 8 Praiana to Positano
- 9 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Barcelona and...
- 12 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 13 Canal du Midi
- 14 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 15 Family vacation to europe
- 16 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 17 Day in Madrid
- 18 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 19 charming cities in Spain
- 20 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 21 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 22 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 23 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 24 Spain during Holy Week
- 25 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu