Researching the Italian leg of our next (2016 ) European adventure, we have heard a number of recommendations - from sources other than Fodors - for visiting Polignano a Mare near Bari in Italy's Puglia region.
These recommendations have also included a "don't miss" dining experience at the unique Ristorante Grotta Palazzese.
Although I have yet to see a less than positive view on visiting Polignano, the opposite is true for visiting the restaurant. I don't think I have ever before read so many polar opposite views for dining at a restaurant.
On the one hand, "Fantastic service; beautifully presented fresh food and, though expensive, great value for money". Versus, "Do not waste your money! The service is outright rude; the food is stale and ordinary and it is the worst-valued restaurant in Italy!"
Apparently they also impose a mandatory minimum order of 3 courses per diner!
We are planning to stay 4 nights in the Polignano a Mare town (Casa Dorsi B&B) and were hoping for some feedback from the well-travelled fodorites out there on:
• The town itself
• The Casa Dorsi B&B accommodation
• and finally whether the Grotta Palazzese restaurant is worth the trouble.
Thank you in advance and regards, Steve
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernina Express mid-March
- 2 Croatia transportation question.
- 3 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Westerplatte
- 6 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 7 Biarritz family holiday
- 8 Ireland hotel questions
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 11 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 12 Cutback on Spain trip
- 13 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 getting to CDG
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 20 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 21 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 22 Ireland travel passport question
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 25 Trying to pick a Greek Island