Researching the Italian leg of our next (2016 ) European adventure, we have heard a number of recommendations - from sources other than Fodors - for visiting Polignano a Mare near Bari in Italy's Puglia region.
These recommendations have also included a "don't miss" dining experience at the unique Ristorante Grotta Palazzese.
Although I have yet to see a less than positive view on visiting Polignano, the opposite is true for visiting the restaurant. I don't think I have ever before read so many polar opposite views for dining at a restaurant.
On the one hand, "Fantastic service; beautifully presented fresh food and, though expensive, great value for money". Versus, "Do not waste your money! The service is outright rude; the food is stale and ordinary and it is the worst-valued restaurant in Italy!"
Apparently they also impose a mandatory minimum order of 3 courses per diner!
We are planning to stay 4 nights in the Polignano a Mare town (Casa Dorsi B&B) and were hoping for some feedback from the well-travelled fodorites out there on:
• The town itself
• The Casa Dorsi B&B accommodation
• and finally whether the Grotta Palazzese restaurant is worth the trouble.
Thank you in advance and regards, Steve
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Support: Yahoo Mail YAHOO Tec*H CONTACT 18OO:54O;683O YAHOO 24*7
- 2 Italian lake cruise
- 3 Vatican tour
- 4 Couscous
- 5 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 6 Tuscany Itinerary
- 7 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 8 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 9 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 10 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 11 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 12 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 13 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 14 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 15 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 16 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 17 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 18 London in Winter Report
- 19 driving from London to Lourdes
- 20 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 21 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 22 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 23 Multi Country car Rental
- 24 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 25 Problem using American bank card in Turkey