I am planning a 2 week in Poland/Hungary ... I definitely want to visit Krakow for mainly the concentration camp, and salt mines. I am thinking 4 days should be enough? Another 3/4 days in Budapest, definitely wanna do the baths. ( sorry, I haven't really look into the major attractions)
But am sure there are other small towns that would be interesting to stop over. Can anyone suggest maybe 2 or 3 so that I can fit in my schedule? I intend to visit in Feb or March.
Re: safety issue in Hungary. I read some posts that raise that concern. I am not sure if this is true. I had been to other Eastern European countries, like Czech. I felt quite safe while there. I am wondering if Hungary and Poland are the same for single female traveler?
Also, any suggestion at a cheaper airport to fly into ...I check the cheapest flight from Sydney to Krakow will cost around AUD$2300, not much cheaper for Budapest. ( I know, Australia is far from everywhere ...) I am thinking about flying into somewhere, then I can reach either destination via train..? any suggestion would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 2 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 3 Trip Report Iceland Ring Road in Campervan
- 4 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 5 London's Must Sights!
- 6 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 7 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 8 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 9 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 10 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 11 4 days in switzerland
- 12 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 13 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 14 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 15 Scenic Driving Routes
- 16 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 17 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 18 14 nights in Europe
- 19 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 20 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 21 Oxford 24 hours
- 22 England and Wales by public transport
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 Ireland & Scotland
- 25 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?