I am planning a 2 week in Poland/Hungary ... I definitely want to visit Krakow for mainly the concentration camp, and salt mines. I am thinking 4 days should be enough? Another 3/4 days in Budapest, definitely wanna do the baths. ( sorry, I haven't really look into the major attractions)
But am sure there are other small towns that would be interesting to stop over. Can anyone suggest maybe 2 or 3 so that I can fit in my schedule? I intend to visit in Feb or March.
Re: safety issue in Hungary. I read some posts that raise that concern. I am not sure if this is true. I had been to other Eastern European countries, like Czech. I felt quite safe while there. I am wondering if Hungary and Poland are the same for single female traveler?
Also, any suggestion at a cheaper airport to fly into ...I check the cheapest flight from Sydney to Krakow will cost around AUD$2300, not much cheaper for Budapest. ( I know, Australia is far from everywhere ...) I am thinking about flying into somewhere, then I can reach either destination via train..? any suggestion would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 2 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 3 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 4 Beaches in Southern France
- 5 Abruzzo region
- 6 cell phone companys
- 7 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 8 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 9 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 10 Guides - Matera
- 11 Open mindedness on Fodors.
- 12 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 13 Spain Itinerary Help
- 14 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 15 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 16 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 17 French lavender and cottages
- 18 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 19 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 21 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 22 Barcelona completely overrated
- 23 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 What am I missing: Amsterdam