I am planning a 2 week in Poland/Hungary ... I definitely want to visit Krakow for mainly the concentration camp, and salt mines. I am thinking 4 days should be enough? Another 3/4 days in Budapest, definitely wanna do the baths. ( sorry, I haven't really look into the major attractions)
But am sure there are other small towns that would be interesting to stop over. Can anyone suggest maybe 2 or 3 so that I can fit in my schedule? I intend to visit in Feb or March.
Re: safety issue in Hungary. I read some posts that raise that concern. I am not sure if this is true. I had been to other Eastern European countries, like Czech. I felt quite safe while there. I am wondering if Hungary and Poland are the same for single female traveler?
Also, any suggestion at a cheaper airport to fly into ...I check the cheapest flight from Sydney to Krakow will cost around AUD$2300, not much cheaper for Budapest. ( I know, Australia is far from everywhere ...) I am thinking about flying into somewhere, then I can reach either destination via train..? any suggestion would be appreciated.
Poland/Hungary - 2 weeks in winter
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 2 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 3 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 4 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 5 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 6 Schengen Visa Rules
- 7 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 8 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 11 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 12 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 13 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 14 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 16 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 17 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 18 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 19 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 20 Is my plan ok
- 21 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 22 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 23 5 Observations About Paris
- 24 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 25 Southern Spain