I am planning a 2 week in Poland/Hungary ... I definitely want to visit Krakow for mainly the concentration camp, and salt mines. I am thinking 4 days should be enough? Another 3/4 days in Budapest, definitely wanna do the baths. ( sorry, I haven't really look into the major attractions)
But am sure there are other small towns that would be interesting to stop over. Can anyone suggest maybe 2 or 3 so that I can fit in my schedule? I intend to visit in Feb or March.
Re: safety issue in Hungary. I read some posts that raise that concern. I am not sure if this is true. I had been to other Eastern European countries, like Czech. I felt quite safe while there. I am wondering if Hungary and Poland are the same for single female traveler?
Also, any suggestion at a cheaper airport to fly into ...I check the cheapest flight from Sydney to Krakow will cost around AUD$2300, not much cheaper for Budapest. ( I know, Australia is far from everywhere ...) I am thinking about flying into somewhere, then I can reach either destination via train..? any suggestion would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 2 ATM
- 3 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 4 Spain Itinerary
- 5 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 6 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 7 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 8 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 9 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 10 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 11 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 12 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 13 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 14 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 15 First visit to London
- 16 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 17 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 20 Help me make this possible!
- 21 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 22 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 23 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 25 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches