I am planning a 2 week in Poland/Hungary ... I definitely want to visit Krakow for mainly the concentration camp, and salt mines. I am thinking 4 days should be enough? Another 3/4 days in Budapest, definitely wanna do the baths. ( sorry, I haven't really look into the major attractions)
But am sure there are other small towns that would be interesting to stop over. Can anyone suggest maybe 2 or 3 so that I can fit in my schedule? I intend to visit in Feb or March.
Re: safety issue in Hungary. I read some posts that raise that concern. I am not sure if this is true. I had been to other Eastern European countries, like Czech. I felt quite safe while there. I am wondering if Hungary and Poland are the same for single female traveler?
Also, any suggestion at a cheaper airport to fly into ...I check the cheapest flight from Sydney to Krakow will cost around AUD$2300, not much cheaper for Budapest. ( I know, Australia is far from everywhere ...) I am thinking about flying into somewhere, then I can reach either destination via train..? any suggestion would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens International airport
- 2 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 3 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 4 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 5 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 6 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 7 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 Cinqueterre
- 10 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 11 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 12 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 13 Road trip Italy
- 14 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 15 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 16 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 17 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 18 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 19 Hilton CPH no loner
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Scotland Trip Report
- 22 French Wedding
- 23 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 24 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016