I am planning a 2 week in Poland/Hungary ... I definitely want to visit Krakow for mainly the concentration camp, and salt mines. I am thinking 4 days should be enough? Another 3/4 days in Budapest, definitely wanna do the baths. ( sorry, I haven't really look into the major attractions)
But am sure there are other small towns that would be interesting to stop over. Can anyone suggest maybe 2 or 3 so that I can fit in my schedule? I intend to visit in Feb or March.
Re: safety issue in Hungary. I read some posts that raise that concern. I am not sure if this is true. I had been to other Eastern European countries, like Czech. I felt quite safe while there. I am wondering if Hungary and Poland are the same for single female traveler?
Also, any suggestion at a cheaper airport to fly into ...I check the cheapest flight from Sydney to Krakow will cost around AUD$2300, not much cheaper for Budapest. ( I know, Australia is far from everywhere ...) I am thinking about flying into somewhere, then I can reach either destination via train..? any suggestion would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 2 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 3 Tour groups
- 4 So much to do, so little time!
- 5 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 Baby Milk
- 8 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 French restaurants
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 14 Driving in Italy?
- 15 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 16 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 17 Super Cover For Hertz
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 20 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Hotel in Vienna
- 25 Church service in Dubrovnik