After lots of back and forth, we have decided to focus on Poland and Ukraine for 11 days followed by an annual side trip to Greece. I was born in Odessa, Ukraine but have not been since 2004 and have never been to Kiev or anywhere in Poland. My gut and research says that Krakow will be the highlight plus visiting my old city of Odessa is a must. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
July 1-4 - Exploring Krakow with a side trip to the Salt Mines and to Auschwitz
July 5 - morning train to Warsaw and explore the city for 1 day
July 6 - 11am flight to Odessa, arriving 2pm. Beach/relax
July 7-9 - Explore Odessa plus enjoy some down time on the beach
Overnight train to Kiev. Safe? Can we buy all 4 seats to have a private compartment?
July 10-11 - Explore Kiev
July 12 - 1pm flight to Athens, Greece.
Too jam-packed? I am working with only doing non-stop flights (Warsaw-Odessa and Kiev-Athens).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 5 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 6 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 7 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 8 SE ITALY
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 11 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 12 One free day in Barcelona
- 13 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 14 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 15 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 20 Bordeaux to Nice
- 21 Greek Village
- 22 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 23 Uber vs. TfL
- 24 Berlin
- 25 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011