After lots of back and forth, we have decided to focus on Poland and Ukraine for 11 days followed by an annual side trip to Greece. I was born in Odessa, Ukraine but have not been since 2004 and have never been to Kiev or anywhere in Poland. My gut and research says that Krakow will be the highlight plus visiting my old city of Odessa is a must. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
July 1-4 - Exploring Krakow with a side trip to the Salt Mines and to Auschwitz
July 5 - morning train to Warsaw and explore the city for 1 day
July 6 - 11am flight to Odessa, arriving 2pm. Beach/relax
July 7-9 - Explore Odessa plus enjoy some down time on the beach
Overnight train to Kiev. Safe? Can we buy all 4 seats to have a private compartment?
July 10-11 - Explore Kiev
July 12 - 1pm flight to Athens, Greece.
Too jam-packed? I am working with only doing non-stop flights (Warsaw-Odessa and Kiev-Athens).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 3 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 4 Hotel in Vienna
- 5 Engadine Valley help
- 6 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 7 Where to buy Saffron?
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 9 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 10 Tuscany 6 nights
- 11 France & Italy, May or June
- 12 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 15 1st time in ZURICH
- 16 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 17 Where can I learn how to purchase property in France? (for a US citizen)
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 20 French restaurants
- 21 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 22 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 25 Do not use MYIPB to ship from London