It will be my first time to buy a train ticket myself and it seems quite complicated.
Regarding passes, I am allowed on trains a given number of times within a specific period, yet how does that actually work? Do we just show up and hub in? What if it is a busy day... Does it happen that it may be too busy that people with passes may not find a place on a train?
Also, what's with the compartments? I always thought that trains had seats just like a plane... Compartments seem a little weird where you sit with complete strangers in a room for 6 or 8 hours... Is that always the case?
Please Help... Thank you...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 4 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 5 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 8 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 9 Norway Itinerary
- 10 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 11 train or plane
- 12 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 15 Germany in December Trip Report
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 18 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 19 Planning a European Trip
- 20 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 21 Italy for Christmas Week
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016