Thanks for all the help all this while. Without you guys, planning would have been next to impossible.
We are 4 adults (parents with adult kids) traveling to Greece. We are not into long walks or hikes. I know we have to walk a lot in Athens, but would like to split it in 2 days and take transport between sites to save our energy. We are vegetarians and do not drink. We are staying at Intercontinental.
After searching quite a bit on TA and taking help from my friend who have traveled to Greece I have planned the following:
5th Sept - Our flight lands at 12 noon. We just plan to rest on this day. After spending the night in the flight, we are so tired that we never land up going out. We pass some time, eat early dinner and knock out till morning.
6th Sept, Sun - Plan to take Hop on hop off bus for a day.
10:30 am - Reach Syntagma Square. See Parliament Building and changing of guards at 11am. Then visit Temple of Zeus, Arch of Hadrian & Roman Bath, Olympic Stadium (See from inside and take audio guide),Grab some lunch and head to New Acropolis Museum. If we have time,spend some time at Plaka
7:30 pm - We have to reach Technopolis. Have booked Dinning in the Sky Experience from 8 to 9:30pm.
7th Sept, Mon -
8:00 am - Reach Acropolis. Enter from Acropolis Metro Side (Enter from Dionysos Theater entrance) and head first to Parthenon. Follow the map and see all the sites. Then head to Agora and Hephaestus's Temple.
I am estimating we will be done by 1pm. Then exit of Agora leads to a stretch of beautiful street shops and yummy Greek eateries - Monastiraki. Eat lunch here and go to the hotel, if we are too tired or see anything which we may have missed the previous day.
At 17:00 - Take a taxi sunset tour of Cape Sounion.
Also visit Lycabettus Hill either before or after Cape Sounion on this day.
8th Sept - We rent car and go to Nafplio.
Please review my itinerary and give your valuable suggestions. Is there anything we should re-arrange or any must see site I've missed. I have few questions:
1) Any recommendation which Hop on hop off company we should use as all seem to have the same itinerary.
2) Which gate is easiest to access Acropolis? Is it South East Gate where the hike is least? What should we exactly tell the taxi driver as I don't want to land up at the wrong gate which may have the toughest hike.
3) Any idea on what will be the cost, if we hire a license guide from the Acropolis entrance?
4) Is visiting Acropolis and Agora too much for a day?
5) Lycabettus Hill should be visited before Cape Sounion tour or after?
6) Any idea on what would be a reasonable cost for sunset tour of Cape Sounion?
7) Any suggestions for a place where we can get good vegetarian Gyro?
Sorry for too many questions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 모집 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 2 한국경마문화 ▣ 홈피:≫zkk47.com≪
- 3 온라인 신천지 ≪ 접속주소 :≫ttw46.com≪
- 4 한국경마문화 ▣ 홈피:≫zkk47.com≪
- 5 한국경마문화 ▣ 홈피:≫zkk47.com≪
- 6 부산경마문화 ▣ 홈피:≫zkk47.com≪
- 7 토토총판 합니다 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 8 부산경마문화 ▣ 홈피:≫zkk47.com≪
- 9 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 10 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 13 Almalfi
- 14 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 15 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 16 Athens multi site pass
- 17 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 18 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 19 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 22 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 23 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 24 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 25 Charming areas to explore in London