My mom & I will be meeting up in Brussel for 'just the 2 of us' trip at the end of April.
Here is the itinerary that I have in mind:
Apr 27 -- arrive at Am in Brussel. Take a train to Antwerp (1/2 day in Antwerp).
Apr 28 -- Antwerp
Apr 29 -- 1/2 day in Antwerp, then a pm train to Ghent
Apr 30 -- Ghent
May 1 (Sunday) -- day trip to Brugge
May 2 -- 1/2 day in Ghent, then a pm train to Brussel
May 3 -- Brussel
May 4 -- heading home.
Can you pls help me plan the trip?
As a start, here are my questions:
1). How easy is to go from Brussel airport to the main train station?
2). Is it OK to buy the train tickets (for Antwerp, Ghent & Brussel) upon arrival at the airport/station, rather than making advance booking?
3). Do we have enough/decent time in each city? Which city has more to see?
4). As for the hotels, I plan to book Ghent Marriott and Renaissance Brussel. Anyone has experience with these hotels?
I'm still looking for a hotel in Antwerp. Anyone has a suggestion? Preferably a starwood or marriott property.
Pls help planning Antwerp, Ghent, Brugge & Brussel trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 2 destination wedding
- 3 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 4 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 5 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 6 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 7 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 8 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 9 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 10 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 11 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 12 London Private Detectives
- 13 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 14 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 15 Calling Jamikins
- 16 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 17 A drive in Europe
- 18 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 19 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 20 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 21 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 22 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 23 Europe in 21 days
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Phone for in-country calls in Greece