My mom & I will be meeting up in Brussel for 'just the 2 of us' trip at the end of April.
Here is the itinerary that I have in mind:
Apr 27 -- arrive at Am in Brussel. Take a train to Antwerp (1/2 day in Antwerp).
Apr 28 -- Antwerp
Apr 29 -- 1/2 day in Antwerp, then a pm train to Ghent
Apr 30 -- Ghent
May 1 (Sunday) -- day trip to Brugge
May 2 -- 1/2 day in Ghent, then a pm train to Brussel
May 3 -- Brussel
May 4 -- heading home.
Can you pls help me plan the trip?
As a start, here are my questions:
1). How easy is to go from Brussel airport to the main train station?
2). Is it OK to buy the train tickets (for Antwerp, Ghent & Brussel) upon arrival at the airport/station, rather than making advance booking?
3). Do we have enough/decent time in each city? Which city has more to see?
4). As for the hotels, I plan to book Ghent Marriott and Renaissance Brussel. Anyone has experience with these hotels?
I'm still looking for a hotel in Antwerp. Anyone has a suggestion? Preferably a starwood or marriott property.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian
- 2 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 3 Switzerland
- 4 car for four adults and four bikes
- 5 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 6 Barcelona cooking classes
- 7 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 8 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 10 CDG airport and connection time
- 11 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 12 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 13 4 days itinerary for France
- 14 French restaurants
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 22 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 23 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 24 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents