My mom & I will be meeting up in Brussel for 'just the 2 of us' trip at the end of April.
Here is the itinerary that I have in mind:
Apr 27 -- arrive at Am in Brussel. Take a train to Antwerp (1/2 day in Antwerp).
Apr 28 -- Antwerp
Apr 29 -- 1/2 day in Antwerp, then a pm train to Ghent
Apr 30 -- Ghent
May 1 (Sunday) -- day trip to Brugge
May 2 -- 1/2 day in Ghent, then a pm train to Brussel
May 3 -- Brussel
May 4 -- heading home.
Can you pls help me plan the trip?
As a start, here are my questions:
1). How easy is to go from Brussel airport to the main train station?
2). Is it OK to buy the train tickets (for Antwerp, Ghent & Brussel) upon arrival at the airport/station, rather than making advance booking?
3). Do we have enough/decent time in each city? Which city has more to see?
4). As for the hotels, I plan to book Ghent Marriott and Renaissance Brussel. Anyone has experience with these hotels?
I'm still looking for a hotel in Antwerp. Anyone has a suggestion? Preferably a starwood or marriott property.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 2 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 3 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 4 Travel vs. Babies
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 7 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 8 European Cooking Secrets
- 9 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 10 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 11 Basque country ideas
- 12 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 13 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 14 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 15 First trip to Italy
- 16 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 17 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 18 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 19 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 23 20 Days in Europe
- 24 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 25 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.