My mom & I will be meeting up in Brussel for 'just the 2 of us' trip at the end of April.
Here is the itinerary that I have in mind:
Apr 27 -- arrive at Am in Brussel. Take a train to Antwerp (1/2 day in Antwerp).
Apr 28 -- Antwerp
Apr 29 -- 1/2 day in Antwerp, then a pm train to Ghent
Apr 30 -- Ghent
May 1 (Sunday) -- day trip to Brugge
May 2 -- 1/2 day in Ghent, then a pm train to Brussel
May 3 -- Brussel
May 4 -- heading home.
Can you pls help me plan the trip?
As a start, here are my questions:
1). How easy is to go from Brussel airport to the main train station?
2). Is it OK to buy the train tickets (for Antwerp, Ghent & Brussel) upon arrival at the airport/station, rather than making advance booking?
3). Do we have enough/decent time in each city? Which city has more to see?
4). As for the hotels, I plan to book Ghent Marriott and Renaissance Brussel. Anyone has experience with these hotels?
I'm still looking for a hotel in Antwerp. Anyone has a suggestion? Preferably a starwood or marriott property.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 barcelona
- 2 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 3 One night in Amsterdam?
- 4 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 5 Barcelona Itinerary
- 6 Rome Walking Guide
- 7 Switzeraland Iternary
- 8 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 9 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 10 Naples?
- 11 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 12 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 13 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 14 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 15 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 16 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 17 Where do I buy distilled water in Italy?
- 18 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 19 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 20 Avignon: hotel l'europe or cloitre st louis and gordes
- 21 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 22 Travel in England and Scotland
- 23 10 days in spain
- 24 Nice - nightlife / live music
- 25 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra