I’m hoping someone can provide some advice on my upcoming excursion to Plitvice Lakes.
As previously stated in other threads (in Slovenia section), I will be traveling with my parents (age 68, 69) to Croatia early September. We will be renting a car in Rovinj and driving it to Plitvice Lakes. Based upon my research, it appears that the trip will take approximately 4 hours of driving time.
I know the Lakes would take only one day, but considering our travel time from Rovinj, I’m thinking it would be too ambitious to attempt to do the walk the same day we arrive, keeping in mind that it may be crowded as well. I hope to do one of the longer routes of the Lakes (4-6 hours per their website).
What complicates matters is that we will be moving onto Ljubljana after our time in Plitvice and trying to figure out the best way to drop off the rental and move onto Ljubljana via public transportation, therefore adding a schedule consideration into the mix.
So, taking all of this into consideration, I’m thinking we would need two nights in Plitvice?
If we stay two nights, we now potentially have some free time as we head to Plitvice. If we do take it easy, any suggestions of a stop along the way, even if it may just be for lunch? Rijeka? Opatija? This will be our first time driving in Europe, so I would like to stick to smaller towns if possible.
Any suggestions? Would attempting the drive and Lake walk on the same day be too ambitious (one over night) or would the option of two nights be best with a stopover along the way?
Thanks so much for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 양재안마o1o-2816-2526 양재역안마 양재안마추천
- 2 가인안마o1o 2816 2526⦍24시간OPEN⦐가인안마시술소 가인안마방
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 5 Labor Day in Paris
- 6 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 7 I may be wrong....
- 8 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 9 Driver"s License & Language
- 10 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 11 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 12 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 13 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 14 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 15 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 16 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 17 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 18 Train up the Jungfrau
- 19 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 20 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 21 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 22 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 23 A visit to Greenwich
- 24 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 25 Spain or South of France in July 2017?