DH and I arrive at LHR from Iceland at 1145 and pick up rental car; head to Avebury to see the stone circle.
Continue on to Lacock where we will stay the night; visit Lacock Abbey.
Option 1) Head over to Bath for the day
Option 2) Stay in Lacock - is there enough to fill one day?
Regardless, we will be staying the night in Lacock.
Timed tickets at Stonehenge at 1100 (haven't purchased yet, so still flexible on time).
Head to Salisbury to see the Cathedral (have read "London" and very recently "Pillars of the Earth" so this is a must see).
Drop the car off in Southampton and board cruise ship, which departs at 1700.
- Are there any quaint towns on the route from Lacock to Stonehenge? That is the reason I was thinking about the 1100 tickets. I'm known to get a little camera snap-happy.
- Do I need to worry about any special holidays/school patterns that might add to the traffic?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 2 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 3 Cutback on Spain trip
- 4 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 5 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 6 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 7 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 10 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 11 driving from ancona to rome
- 12 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 13 Croatia transportation question.
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 16 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 17 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 18 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 19 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 20 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 21 2017 Easter in Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 24 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 25 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh