DH and I arrive at LHR from Iceland at 1145 and pick up rental car; head to Avebury to see the stone circle.
Continue on to Lacock where we will stay the night; visit Lacock Abbey.
Option 1) Head over to Bath for the day
Option 2) Stay in Lacock - is there enough to fill one day?
Regardless, we will be staying the night in Lacock.
Timed tickets at Stonehenge at 1100 (haven't purchased yet, so still flexible on time).
Head to Salisbury to see the Cathedral (have read "London" and very recently "Pillars of the Earth" so this is a must see).
Drop the car off in Southampton and board cruise ship, which departs at 1700.
- Are there any quaint towns on the route from Lacock to Stonehenge? That is the reason I was thinking about the 1100 tickets. I'm known to get a little camera snap-happy.
- Do I need to worry about any special holidays/school patterns that might add to the traffic?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano or Sorrento?
- 2 Munich itinerary review
- 3 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 4 13 nights in switzerland
- 5 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 6 Earthquake near Naples
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 9 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 10 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 11 Globus Iberian Tour
- 12 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 13 3nights in Venice
- 14 Paris in November
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 17 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 18 Football Tickets - Athens
- 19 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 20 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 21 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 22 Last minute trip to Capri
- 23 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 24 Budapest to Kosice
- 25 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid