DH and I arrive at LHR from Iceland at 1145 and pick up rental car; head to Avebury to see the stone circle.
Continue on to Lacock where we will stay the night; visit Lacock Abbey.
Option 1) Head over to Bath for the day
Option 2) Stay in Lacock - is there enough to fill one day?
Regardless, we will be staying the night in Lacock.
Timed tickets at Stonehenge at 1100 (haven't purchased yet, so still flexible on time).
Head to Salisbury to see the Cathedral (have read "London" and very recently "Pillars of the Earth" so this is a must see).
Drop the car off in Southampton and board cruise ship, which departs at 1700.
- Are there any quaint towns on the route from Lacock to Stonehenge? That is the reason I was thinking about the 1100 tickets. I'm known to get a little camera snap-happy.
- Do I need to worry about any special holidays/school patterns that might add to the traffic?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 2 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 3 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 6 Short Trip in July
- 7 Things to do in Brussels
- 8 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Campervan in Croatia
- 12 K-Day
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 UK Visa Help
- 17 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 18 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 21 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 25 Cell Phone Question