Need your expert advice. I am traveling to italy with my husband, 2 boys (ages 5 and 2.5), my mom and brother in May:
May 4: depart NYC to Rome
May 5: land in Rome and take train straight to Florence
May 6: Florence sightseeing
May 7: Rent car - Day trip to Siena and San Gimignano (Banfi winery) - considering going to Pisa to see Leaning Tower but is it worth it?
May 8: Florence to Rome by train
May 9: Rome sightseeing
May 10: Rome sightseeing
May 11: Cooking Class/Vatican
May 12: Day trip - please advise (a winery, or a 'must see' town that's close by
May 13: Last day in Rome (shopping, etc.)
May 14: Fly back to NYC
I have the following questions.
Do you think we need to go to Pisa? I thought the kids would like to see the leaning tower
Cooking class - any recommendations for a kid friendly cooking class for pizza/pasta (vegetarian friendly)
Olive Oil farm - should we do this?
Open air concert/Opera- I thought I would book something like this for my and my mom - any recommendations?
Should we buy the ROMA pass?
We are in Florence for 4 days and then Rome for 5 days - do you think we should do a night in another city to break things up? Or are we being too ambitious to think that?
Any restaurant recommendations in Rome/Florence that is kid friendly and vegetarian friendly would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 2 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 3 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 4 Food in Positano
- 5 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 6 Ireland hotel questions
- 7 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 8 Italy
- 9 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 10 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 11 3 weeks in Spain
- 12 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 13 Emergencies in Ireland
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 How to Pick Up Vatican Tickets
- 16 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 17 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 18 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 19 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 20 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 21 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Edinburgh to Skye
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets