Need your expert advice. I am traveling to italy with my husband, 2 boys (ages 5 and 2.5), my mom and brother in May:
May 4: depart NYC to Rome
May 5: land in Rome and take train straight to Florence
May 6: Florence sightseeing
May 7: Rent car - Day trip to Siena and San Gimignano (Banfi winery) - considering going to Pisa to see Leaning Tower but is it worth it?
May 8: Florence to Rome by train
May 9: Rome sightseeing
May 10: Rome sightseeing
May 11: Cooking Class/Vatican
May 12: Day trip - please advise (a winery, or a 'must see' town that's close by
May 13: Last day in Rome (shopping, etc.)
May 14: Fly back to NYC
I have the following questions.
Do you think we need to go to Pisa? I thought the kids would like to see the leaning tower
Cooking class - any recommendations for a kid friendly cooking class for pizza/pasta (vegetarian friendly)
Olive Oil farm - should we do this?
Open air concert/Opera- I thought I would book something like this for my and my mom - any recommendations?
Should we buy the ROMA pass?
We are in Florence for 4 days and then Rome for 5 days - do you think we should do a night in another city to break things up? Or are we being too ambitious to think that?
Any restaurant recommendations in Rome/Florence that is kid friendly and vegetarian friendly would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 2 Italy in a week
- 3 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 8 Germany-Car or Train
- 9 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 10 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 11 SURPRISE TRIP
- 12 Jewish Vienna
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Reaching the Lake District
- 15 Positano Hotel in September
- 16 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 17 seat reservations
- 18 Scotland itinerary advice
- 19 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 20 Brussels flower tapestry
- 21 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 22 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 23 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 24 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 25 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate