Need your expert advice. I am traveling to italy with my husband, 2 boys (ages 5 and 2.5), my mom and brother in May:
May 4: depart NYC to Rome
May 5: land in Rome and take train straight to Florence
May 6: Florence sightseeing
May 7: Rent car - Day trip to Siena and San Gimignano (Banfi winery) - considering going to Pisa to see Leaning Tower but is it worth it?
May 8: Florence to Rome by train
May 9: Rome sightseeing
May 10: Rome sightseeing
May 11: Cooking Class/Vatican
May 12: Day trip - please advise (a winery, or a 'must see' town that's close by
May 13: Last day in Rome (shopping, etc.)
May 14: Fly back to NYC
I have the following questions.
Do you think we need to go to Pisa? I thought the kids would like to see the leaning tower
Cooking class - any recommendations for a kid friendly cooking class for pizza/pasta (vegetarian friendly)
Olive Oil farm - should we do this?
Open air concert/Opera- I thought I would book something like this for my and my mom - any recommendations?
Should we buy the ROMA pass?
We are in Florence for 4 days and then Rome for 5 days - do you think we should do a night in another city to break things up? Or are we being too ambitious to think that?
Any restaurant recommendations in Rome/Florence that is kid friendly and vegetarian friendly would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 2 First Solo Adventure
- 3 Airline to Rome
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Dublin Luggage storage
- 6 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 7 Croatia short sail trip
- 8 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 11 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 16 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 17 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 18 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 19 Which Hotel in Rome
- 20 First Solo Adventure
- 21 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 22 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 23 Georgia in 4 days
- 24 Where should I go with my family?
- 25 Tasting sherry in Jerez