I've been lurking and soaking up everyone's ideas and tips to help plan for our upcoming trip to Paris. We're lucky enough to have an apt for 2 weeks in the Louvre area. Thank you so much everyone for the help I've received here.
I've discovered a violoncelle festival in Beauvais during our stay, a special treat since I play the cello. Ophelie Gaillard, a cellist I particularly like is playing on Sun June 3 at 1100 and I'd like to attend. The transportation to/from Beauvais looks to be a headache however. Too bad, or I'd go every night.
I can take a train from G Nord to Beauvais at abt 0900 and then I suppose we'd have to take a cab from the Gare to the Maladerie St. Lazare for the performance. I doubt we'd make the 1258 train back, leaving us with waiting until 1430 or so for the next one. There's also the option of taking a cab to the airport and catching the bus that goes to Port Maillot, which would cost even more, and don't you need an air ticket to take that bus?
We'll have ND passes zone 1-5 so we could take the RER to Persan. Is there a bus or train that goes more often from there to Beauvais? I couldn't find anything.
By the time we pay for two round trip tickets, and two taxi rides, we might break even renting a car for the day, plus not spend so much time waiting around. The one-day rental on Sunday doesn't look so easy, though, with lots of places not open early enough or late enough. Hertz let me reserve one but warned the place wasn't open late enough to return the car. I don't want to go back again the next day to deal with paperwork.
Does Beauvais run any shuttles from the Gare out to the music venues? Their Sunday bus service won't help us either.
The Maladerie St. Lazare looks like an interesting visit, as does the St. Pierre cathedral and the tapestry museum. Has anyone been there and does anyone have any other ideas?
Merci for any help with this. I'd sure love to hear Ophelie play.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 2 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 3 Airport Transit Visa
- 4 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 5 Paris advice with kids
- 6 Anniversary trip to France
- 7 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 8 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 9 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 10 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 11 International drivers permit
- 12 Moscow Favorites
- 13 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 14 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 15 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 16 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 17 Bordeaux to Moscow
- 18 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 19 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 20 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 22 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 23 Italian lake cruise
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?