I've been lurking and soaking up everyone's ideas and tips to help plan for our upcoming trip to Paris. We're lucky enough to have an apt for 2 weeks in the Louvre area. Thank you so much everyone for the help I've received here.
I've discovered a violoncelle festival in Beauvais during our stay, a special treat since I play the cello. Ophelie Gaillard, a cellist I particularly like is playing on Sun June 3 at 1100 and I'd like to attend. The transportation to/from Beauvais looks to be a headache however. Too bad, or I'd go every night.
I can take a train from G Nord to Beauvais at abt 0900 and then I suppose we'd have to take a cab from the Gare to the Maladerie St. Lazare for the performance. I doubt we'd make the 1258 train back, leaving us with waiting until 1430 or so for the next one. There's also the option of taking a cab to the airport and catching the bus that goes to Port Maillot, which would cost even more, and don't you need an air ticket to take that bus?
We'll have ND passes zone 1-5 so we could take the RER to Persan. Is there a bus or train that goes more often from there to Beauvais? I couldn't find anything.
By the time we pay for two round trip tickets, and two taxi rides, we might break even renting a car for the day, plus not spend so much time waiting around. The one-day rental on Sunday doesn't look so easy, though, with lots of places not open early enough or late enough. Hertz let me reserve one but warned the place wasn't open late enough to return the car. I don't want to go back again the next day to deal with paperwork.
Does Beauvais run any shuttles from the Gare out to the music venues? Their Sunday bus service won't help us either.
The Maladerie St. Lazare looks like an interesting visit, as does the St. Pierre cathedral and the tapestry museum. Has anyone been there and does anyone have any other ideas?
Merci for any help with this. I'd sure love to hear Ophelie play.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 2 Spider-Man HomeComing Full Movie Svenska Sub HD
- 3 Moldova and Transnistria
- 4 3 days outside Venice
- 5 Reaching the Lake District
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Jewish Vienna
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 seat reservations
- 12 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 17 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 18 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 19 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 20 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 22 Italy in a week
- 23 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 24 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 25 Germany-Car or Train