We are in the process of trying to firm up our itinerary for an upcoming trip to Europe this July which includes 3 nights in Nice. We will not have a car and will be relying on trains (and buses?). We are two adults and two children (ages 6 & 8). We are renting a suite so we have the option of eating breakfast and/or dinner in.
We arrive by air in the early morning from Toulouse on a Saturday and will depart early Tuesday morning to take the train to Ventimiglia. So we will have most of Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
The first day we plan to drop our bags at the hotel (Hotel Goldstar) and do a bit of sightseeing - perhaps hitting Chez Pipo for lunch and/or Place Rosetti & Fenocchio for ice cream. I am also very interested in the Chagall museum in Cimiez. I figured this might be my shopping afternoon since I had read that shops may be closed on Sun/Mon. DH can take daughters to the beach in the afternoon.
The next morning (Sunday) we will do the walk to the Chateau, walk along the Promenade des anglais , Place Massena & Marche aux fleurs. Lunch at Le Safari in the Cours Saleya. Beach again in p.m.
Our last full day is the Monday and I would like to see something outside of the city (requiring a train or bus). I am interested in the Fondation Maeght in St-Paul-de-Vence. I figured the girls would enjoy the outdoor sculpture garden. OR we could go to Eze or another village perche. It does not look like we could do both. Haut de Cagnes does look near St-P-D-V but not sure if we can visit the two using public transport.
Any suggestions for how to spend this Monday? not sure if stores in St-P-D-V are open. Not planning on doing any serious shopping as we will have kids in tow.
Lastly, it looks like there are public beaches in Nice but are we better off going to a private beach and paying for the loungers? I understand that the beaches are rocky so we will need to get water shoes. Note that we are going on to spend 3 days in Sestri Levante afterwards so we will have more beach time there.
Thanks in advance all!
Please help with us with our 3 day Nice itinerary (with kids)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 2 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 3 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 4 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 5 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 6 Sicily - not a trip report
- 7 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 10 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 11 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 12 Fashion for larger man?
- 13 car rental advice in Portugal
- 14 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 15 Fjords, How To?
- 16 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 17 Duoro river cruises
- 18 What to wear
- 19 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 20 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 21 Budget for 3 Month's
- 22 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 25 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris