We are in the process of trying to firm up our itinerary for an upcoming trip to Europe this July which includes 3 nights in Nice. We will not have a car and will be relying on trains (and buses?). We are two adults and two children (ages 6 & 8). We are renting a suite so we have the option of eating breakfast and/or dinner in.
We arrive by air in the early morning from Toulouse on a Saturday and will depart early Tuesday morning to take the train to Ventimiglia. So we will have most of Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
The first day we plan to drop our bags at the hotel (Hotel Goldstar) and do a bit of sightseeing - perhaps hitting Chez Pipo for lunch and/or Place Rosetti & Fenocchio for ice cream. I am also very interested in the Chagall museum in Cimiez. I figured this might be my shopping afternoon since I had read that shops may be closed on Sun/Mon. DH can take daughters to the beach in the afternoon.
The next morning (Sunday) we will do the walk to the Chateau, walk along the Promenade des anglais , Place Massena & Marche aux fleurs. Lunch at Le Safari in the Cours Saleya. Beach again in p.m.
Our last full day is the Monday and I would like to see something outside of the city (requiring a train or bus). I am interested in the Fondation Maeght in St-Paul-de-Vence. I figured the girls would enjoy the outdoor sculpture garden. OR we could go to Eze or another village perche. It does not look like we could do both. Haut de Cagnes does look near St-P-D-V but not sure if we can visit the two using public transport.
Any suggestions for how to spend this Monday? not sure if stores in St-P-D-V are open. Not planning on doing any serious shopping as we will have kids in tow.
Lastly, it looks like there are public beaches in Nice but are we better off going to a private beach and paying for the loungers? I understand that the beaches are rocky so we will need to get water shoes. Note that we are going on to spend 3 days in Sestri Levante afterwards so we will have more beach time there.
Thanks in advance all!
Please help with us with our 3 day Nice itinerary (with kids)
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 3 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 4 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 5 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 6 A full week in The Netherlands
- 7 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 8 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 9 Itinerary Questions
- 10 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 11 the crown capital management news How to Make Holiday Shopping Safe
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 16 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 17 Lake como
- 18 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 19 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 20 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 24 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 25 best beach hotel Mykonos