We are in the process of trying to firm up our itinerary for an upcoming trip to Europe this July which includes 3 nights in Nice. We will not have a car and will be relying on trains (and buses?). We are two adults and two children (ages 6 & 8). We are renting a suite so we have the option of eating breakfast and/or dinner in.
We arrive by air in the early morning from Toulouse on a Saturday and will depart early Tuesday morning to take the train to Ventimiglia. So we will have most of Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
The first day we plan to drop our bags at the hotel (Hotel Goldstar) and do a bit of sightseeing - perhaps hitting Chez Pipo for lunch and/or Place Rosetti & Fenocchio for ice cream. I am also very interested in the Chagall museum in Cimiez. I figured this might be my shopping afternoon since I had read that shops may be closed on Sun/Mon. DH can take daughters to the beach in the afternoon.
The next morning (Sunday) we will do the walk to the Chateau, walk along the Promenade des anglais , Place Massena & Marche aux fleurs. Lunch at Le Safari in the Cours Saleya. Beach again in p.m.
Our last full day is the Monday and I would like to see something outside of the city (requiring a train or bus). I am interested in the Fondation Maeght in St-Paul-de-Vence. I figured the girls would enjoy the outdoor sculpture garden. OR we could go to Eze or another village perche. It does not look like we could do both. Haut de Cagnes does look near St-P-D-V but not sure if we can visit the two using public transport.
Any suggestions for how to spend this Monday? not sure if stores in St-P-D-V are open. Not planning on doing any serious shopping as we will have kids in tow.
Lastly, it looks like there are public beaches in Nice but are we better off going to a private beach and paying for the loungers? I understand that the beaches are rocky so we will need to get water shoes. Note that we are going on to spend 3 days in Sestri Levante afterwards so we will have more beach time there.
Thanks in advance all!
Please help with us with our 3 day Nice itinerary (with kids)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 French Basque region
- 6 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 7 Vegan in Germany?
- 8 VISA question
- 9 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 10 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Italy Countryside
- 13 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 14 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 15 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 16 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 17 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 18 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 19 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 20 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 21 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 22 biking tours in Italy?
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 25 Bus Tour with a toddler