My husband and I are native New Yorkers in our mid-sixties, still working. We would like to travel to Spain for about 12 or 13 nights. I visited Madrid on a European trip many years ago. I would only like to return to Madrid to see The Prado again and perhaps go to Toledo. My husband may want to still see something of Madrid. I want to focus on wonderful, atmospheric smaller cities/towns for art, food, wandering on charming streets and squares. I think Audulucia fits the bill. We will not be renting a car. My questions are: should I start in Madrid briefly?; would it help to go on some organized tours and/or use a private guide to get oriented and see things we couldn't do without a car?; how should we travel between cities and towns? I am concerned about moving around too much with luggage. Also, we want to end the trip with being somewhere in Andulusia that could be relaxing, not overwhelming but still interesting. Is it worth going to any seaside town, including Malaga? What difference does it make if we go in September vs. October?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Much thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 2 charming cities in Spain
- 3 Venice
- 4 온라인카지노 ▶ 홈피:≫kxc551.com≪
- 5 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 6 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 7 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 9 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 10 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 13 Berlin, Nice and London
- 14 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 15 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 16 Day in Madrid
- 17 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 18 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 19 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 20 Family vacation to europe
- 21 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 24 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 25 Amsterdam Trip Report
Please help with trip planning to Spain next September/October