My husband and I are native New Yorkers in our mid-sixties, still working. We would like to travel to Spain for about 12 or 13 nights. I visited Madrid on a European trip many years ago. I would only like to return to Madrid to see The Prado again and perhaps go to Toledo. My husband may want to still see something of Madrid. I want to focus on wonderful, atmospheric smaller cities/towns for art, food, wandering on charming streets and squares. I think Audulucia fits the bill. We will not be renting a car. My questions are: should I start in Madrid briefly?; would it help to go on some organized tours and/or use a private guide to get oriented and see things we couldn't do without a car?; how should we travel between cities and towns? I am concerned about moving around too much with luggage. Also, we want to end the trip with being somewhere in Andulusia that could be relaxing, not overwhelming but still interesting. Is it worth going to any seaside town, including Malaga? What difference does it make if we go in September vs. October?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Much thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 5 House Hunting in France
- 6 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 7 Granada to Madrid
- 8 Where to buy Saffron?
- 9 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 10 Barcelona cooking classes
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 13 1st time in ZURICH
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 16 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 17 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 18 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 19 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 22 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 23 Cognac transportation?
- 24 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 25 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
Please help with trip planning to Spain next September/October