We're a family of four (two college-age daughters). We've traveled quite a bit together and like a mix of cities and small towns, exploring untouristy places, sitting in squares, people watching, walking (3 of us like hiking), and visiting cathedrals, museums, and other big sights. We usually stay in budget hotels and eat relatively cheaply. To give you an idea of what I don't like -- I'm probably the only person in this forum who really didn't enjoy Prague -- too crowded, stag parties, didn't feel "authentic" at all. Given all of that, I'd love any comments you'd make about the following trip in July. We'll be flying into Barcelona and I'm planning to spend three nights there, then two nights in Zaragoza. Then I'm hoping we can rent a car and spend approx. a week driving southwest, making our way to Extremadura (Trujillo? villages of the Sierra de Francia?) and Caceres, specifically, where we'd spend two nights. (I'm hoping we can drop the car there, but I haven't checked that.) We'll then go to Salamanca for 2 or 3 nights, and Segovia for two nights. Our final stop will be Madrid, where we'll spend 3 nights before flying home. We have a total of 19 nights in Spain.
Thank you for your help!
Please help with Spain Itinerary
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 3 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 4 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 5 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 6 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 7 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 8 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 9 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 10 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 11 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 12 Which tour company would be best?
- 13 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 14 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 15 Northern Italy
- 16 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 17 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 18 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 19 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 20 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 21 France by rail or car?
- 22 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 23 Hotels in Sorrento
- 24 Hair cuts in Florence
- 25 private tour from cruise port in Naples