I am hoping for some help from folks who have been to these cities recently as to the current approximate costs of eating etc.
My husband and I are heading for Russia next month. I usually travel to Asia and find the prices in Europe (Russia) quite a bit more, but not sure how to budget for food.
We are taking the train to St. Petersburg from Helsinki, (paid for) and spending five days in St Petes.
We have already booked and paid for two ballets and two operas (one at the Bolshoi in Moscow).
We then will take the overnight train to Vladimir and spend two nights there (all paid for as well, done on line).
Then the last two full days (3 nights) in Moscow.
What I am wondering about basically is how much to budget for food and entrance fees.
I will buy the Hermitage tickets on line and we will probably hire a guide here and there. How much would that average a day for a guide?
I am a vegetarian ( I know I will have my challanges) and niether my husband or I drink alcohol. We like nice but not 5 star resteraunts. I read from fluffnfold that your averaged $50 per meal for the two of you and that sounded like it included a bit of beer/wine so that is not too bad IMO.
And tipping? I find that sometimes my budget is blown to bits because I didnt allow enough money for the tipping. Is it customary in Russia to tip everyone? And if so how much.
Thanks for your help. We are getting very excited about this trip and it is coming up fast!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 2 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 3 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 4 Lille Braderie 2017
- 5 Europe First Timers
- 6 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 9 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 10 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 11 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 14 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 17 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 18 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 22 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 24 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 25 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise