I am hoping for some help from folks who have been to these cities recently as to the current approximate costs of eating etc.
My husband and I are heading for Russia next month. I usually travel to Asia and find the prices in Europe (Russia) quite a bit more, but not sure how to budget for food.
We are taking the train to St. Petersburg from Helsinki, (paid for) and spending five days in St Petes.
We have already booked and paid for two ballets and two operas (one at the Bolshoi in Moscow).
We then will take the overnight train to Vladimir and spend two nights there (all paid for as well, done on line).
Then the last two full days (3 nights) in Moscow.
What I am wondering about basically is how much to budget for food and entrance fees.
I will buy the Hermitage tickets on line and we will probably hire a guide here and there. How much would that average a day for a guide?
I am a vegetarian ( I know I will have my challanges) and niether my husband or I drink alcohol. We like nice but not 5 star resteraunts. I read from fluffnfold that your averaged $50 per meal for the two of you and that sounded like it included a bit of beer/wine so that is not too bad IMO.
And tipping? I find that sometimes my budget is blown to bits because I didnt allow enough money for the tipping. Is it customary in Russia to tip everyone? And if so how much.
Thanks for your help. We are getting very excited about this trip and it is coming up fast!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 3 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 4 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 5 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 6 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 38 Days in Paris
- 11 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 12 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 13 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 14 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 15 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 16 How the kids age calculated
- 17 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 21 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 Beaune France
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Firt time VISA applicant
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?