I am hoping for some help from folks who have been to these cities recently as to the current approximate costs of eating etc.
My husband and I are heading for Russia next month. I usually travel to Asia and find the prices in Europe (Russia) quite a bit more, but not sure how to budget for food.
We are taking the train to St. Petersburg from Helsinki, (paid for) and spending five days in St Petes.
We have already booked and paid for two ballets and two operas (one at the Bolshoi in Moscow).
We then will take the overnight train to Vladimir and spend two nights there (all paid for as well, done on line).
Then the last two full days (3 nights) in Moscow.
What I am wondering about basically is how much to budget for food and entrance fees.
I will buy the Hermitage tickets on line and we will probably hire a guide here and there. How much would that average a day for a guide?
I am a vegetarian ( I know I will have my challanges) and niether my husband or I drink alcohol. We like nice but not 5 star resteraunts. I read from fluffnfold that your averaged $50 per meal for the two of you and that sounded like it included a bit of beer/wine so that is not too bad IMO.
And tipping? I find that sometimes my budget is blown to bits because I didnt allow enough money for the tipping. Is it customary in Russia to tip everyone? And if so how much.
Thanks for your help. We are getting very excited about this trip and it is coming up fast!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 7 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 8 Ireland hotel questions
- 9 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 10 Ireland travel passport question
- 11 Bernina Express mid-March
- 12 If you had to choose one......
- 13 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 14 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 17 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 18 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 19 Croatia transportation question.
- 20 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 21 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 22 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 23 2017 Easter in Italy
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 25 Malaga - places to stay and eat