We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy this July with our 6 and 8 year old. We are thinking of spending 1 week in Siena (renting a villa) as a base for day trips in the Tuscany area (to see Siena, Luca, Florence, San G, Montepulciano, etc).
Not sure where to spend the second week. I have never been to Venice and wonder if it is a must-do. Alternatively, wondering if we should head south to Sorrento area (not sure if July is too hot?).
Seeking advice on which area to head to for our second week. Is one area a better base for day trips wtih kids? Would kids enjoy Amalfi coast and Pompeii or shoudl we head north to Venice? We also would want to spend a few days at the beach at either location.
If anyone has specific suggestions for villa rentals they are also welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Please help with our 2 week Italy itinerary (with kids)
- 1 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 Italian Lakes gardens
- 4 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 5 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 6 Greek islands from Turkey
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 TGV and Provence questions
- 11 Novels set in Greece
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 16 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 17 More help with housing in Puglia
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 Rome Accommodation
- 23 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 24 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 25 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia