We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy this July with our 6 and 8 year old. We are thinking of spending 1 week in Siena (renting a villa) as a base for day trips in the Tuscany area (to see Siena, Luca, Florence, San G, Montepulciano, etc).
Not sure where to spend the second week. I have never been to Venice and wonder if it is a must-do. Alternatively, wondering if we should head south to Sorrento area (not sure if July is too hot?).
Seeking advice on which area to head to for our second week. Is one area a better base for day trips wtih kids? Would kids enjoy Amalfi coast and Pompeii or shoudl we head north to Venice? We also would want to spend a few days at the beach at either location.
If anyone has specific suggestions for villa rentals they are also welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netflix and Hulu
- 2 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 3 Cinque Terre for the Day
- 4 Sorry, best route from Stratford-upon-Avon driving to Chatsworth House
- 5 Did you use İstanbul Tourist Pass or Cappadocia Tourist Pass?
- 6 Are Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon Rides Cold ?
- 7 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 8 London: come for the weather, stay for the coke
- 9 1 day tour from Istanbul to Cappadocia
- 10 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 11 If you like to live your life in fear, read this
- 12 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 13 2016 Flower Carpet in Brussels
- 14 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 15 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 16 Switzerland Hotels
- 17 5 days in switzerland
- 18 Florence and Rome
- 19 Quickest way to get from Milan (airport) to Murren?
- 20 Need advice on Greek islands
- 21 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 22 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 23 Como or Bellagio
- 24 TAP airlines & other questions
- 25 Guidance on countries to visit in Europe