We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy this July with our 6 and 8 year old. We are thinking of spending 1 week in Siena (renting a villa) as a base for day trips in the Tuscany area (to see Siena, Luca, Florence, San G, Montepulciano, etc).
Not sure where to spend the second week. I have never been to Venice and wonder if it is a must-do. Alternatively, wondering if we should head south to Sorrento area (not sure if July is too hot?).
Seeking advice on which area to head to for our second week. Is one area a better base for day trips wtih kids? Would kids enjoy Amalfi coast and Pompeii or shoudl we head north to Venice? We also would want to spend a few days at the beach at either location.
If anyone has specific suggestions for villa rentals they are also welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 2 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 3 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 4 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 5 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 6 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 7 Iceland 3 day layover
- 8 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 9 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 12 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 13 Milos beach stay
- 14 Paris to Bordeaux
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 19 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 20 Train travel
- 21 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 22 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 23 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 24 Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!