We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy this July with our 6 and 8 year old. We are thinking of spending 1 week in Siena (renting a villa) as a base for day trips in the Tuscany area (to see Siena, Luca, Florence, San G, Montepulciano, etc).
Not sure where to spend the second week. I have never been to Venice and wonder if it is a must-do. Alternatively, wondering if we should head south to Sorrento area (not sure if July is too hot?).
Seeking advice on which area to head to for our second week. Is one area a better base for day trips wtih kids? Would kids enjoy Amalfi coast and Pompeii or shoudl we head north to Venice? We also would want to spend a few days at the beach at either location.
If anyone has specific suggestions for villa rentals they are also welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 2 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 3 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 4 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 5 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 6 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 7 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 8 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 9 Italy museum tickets
- 10 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 11 What one thing in Paris?
- 12 sfo to europe
- 13 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 14 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 15 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 16 Rue des Rosiers
- 17 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 18 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 19 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 20 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 21 Shopping in Stockholm, Prague and Warsaw
- 22 Holiday in Austria
- 23 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 24 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!