We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy this July with our 6 and 8 year old. We are thinking of spending 1 week in Siena (renting a villa) as a base for day trips in the Tuscany area (to see Siena, Luca, Florence, San G, Montepulciano, etc).
Not sure where to spend the second week. I have never been to Venice and wonder if it is a must-do. Alternatively, wondering if we should head south to Sorrento area (not sure if July is too hot?).
Seeking advice on which area to head to for our second week. Is one area a better base for day trips wtih kids? Would kids enjoy Amalfi coast and Pompeii or shoudl we head north to Venice? We also would want to spend a few days at the beach at either location.
If anyone has specific suggestions for villa rentals they are also welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical Music in Milan
- 2 Pousadas in Portugal
- 3 Antiques shopping Rome
- 4 Scotland Trip Planning
- 5 Must sees in Malaga
- 6 Lake Maggiore
- 7 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 8 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 9 Another Book List for Italy
- 10 Italy train question
- 11 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 12 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 13 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 14 Two Weeks in Europe
- 15 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 16 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 17 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 18 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 19 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 20 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 21 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 22 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 23 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 24 Venice - a day open
- 25 Scenic drives in Tuscany