We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy this July with our 6 and 8 year old. We are thinking of spending 1 week in Siena (renting a villa) as a base for day trips in the Tuscany area (to see Siena, Luca, Florence, San G, Montepulciano, etc).
Not sure where to spend the second week. I have never been to Venice and wonder if it is a must-do. Alternatively, wondering if we should head south to Sorrento area (not sure if July is too hot?).
Seeking advice on which area to head to for our second week. Is one area a better base for day trips wtih kids? Would kids enjoy Amalfi coast and Pompeii or shoudl we head north to Venice? We also would want to spend a few days at the beach at either location.
If anyone has specific suggestions for villa rentals they are also welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 2 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 3 GPS vs Google Maps
- 4 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 5 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 6 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 7 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 8 What clothes?
- 9 10 nights in France
- 10 Questions about Italy again
- 11 2 weeks in Southern Italy
- 12 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 13 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 14 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 15 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 16 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 17 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 18 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 19 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 20 Car rental in Caen?
- 21 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 22 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 23 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 24 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 25 Is my itinerary the Best of Northwest Italy?