We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy this July with our 6 and 8 year old. We are thinking of spending 1 week in Siena (renting a villa) as a base for day trips in the Tuscany area (to see Siena, Luca, Florence, San G, Montepulciano, etc).
Not sure where to spend the second week. I have never been to Venice and wonder if it is a must-do. Alternatively, wondering if we should head south to Sorrento area (not sure if July is too hot?).
Seeking advice on which area to head to for our second week. Is one area a better base for day trips wtih kids? Would kids enjoy Amalfi coast and Pompeii or shoudl we head north to Venice? We also would want to spend a few days at the beach at either location.
If anyone has specific suggestions for villa rentals they are also welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Please help with our 2 week Italy itinerary (with kids)
- 1 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 2 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 3 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 4 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 5 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 6 Normandy on our own?
- 7 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 8 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 9 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 10 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 11 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 12 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 13 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 14 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 15 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 16 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 17 day trips from Stuttgart
- 18 Our trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence
- 19 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 20 Car rental
- 21 Ordering wine in Paris
- 22 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.
- 23 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 24 Paris Recommendations
- 25 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)