We plan to spend 2 weeks in Italy this July with our 6 and 8 year old. We are thinking of spending 1 week in Siena (renting a villa) as a base for day trips in the Tuscany area (to see Siena, Luca, Florence, San G, Montepulciano, etc).
Not sure where to spend the second week. I have never been to Venice and wonder if it is a must-do. Alternatively, wondering if we should head south to Sorrento area (not sure if July is too hot?).
Seeking advice on which area to head to for our second week. Is one area a better base for day trips wtih kids? Would kids enjoy Amalfi coast and Pompeii or shoudl we head north to Venice? We also would want to spend a few days at the beach at either location.
If anyone has specific suggestions for villa rentals they are also welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 2 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 3 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 4 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 5 3 nights in Madrid
- 6 Help with Ireland Trip
- 7 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 8 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 9 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 10 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 11 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 12 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 13 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 14 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 15 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 16 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 19 Iceland trip report!
- 20 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 21 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 22 Bernese Oberland
- 23 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 24 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 25 Couscous