Planning a trip to Switzerland in mid May for 10 days with hubby, 4 yr and 1 yr old. Initially we had planned on doing the following:
2 days in Zurich (flying into Zurich around 11.30 am)
2 days in Lucerne
1 day in Bern (optional)
3 days in Interlaken
2 days in Geneva (flying out of Geneva on the 11th day)
But when we looked at all attractions in the above places, I see that most of the attractions are museums which we will not be able to do due to our small kids.
We are thinking the following now:
Zurich: Toy Museum, Zoological Garden., Old Town and Bahnhoffstrasse (sp?)
Bern: Mt Gurten and Clock Tower 9Bern is optional)
Lucerne: Lake Lucerne, Glacier Garden, Swiss Transport Museum, Old Town and when it came to a choice between Mt Pilatus and Titlis, we thought Titlis due to the rotating cable car.
Interlaken: Jungfrau, Lake Thun and Harder Klum
Geneva: Lake Geneva
I know that the days will have to be readjusted based on our new plan, but this is basically it. Is this doable in the time we have and are we missing out on any important things to do see? Due to our kids, we are not planning on doing any historical sights/museums with the exception of the above mentioned one's. Would you suggest we skip/add anyting to the above mentioned? Also, if we have time, we are planning on flying to Pisa (just for the Leaning Tower for only a day). Would you suggest it? Thanks in advance for replies. Have never travelled before beyond our state, and this is the first big trip. So any answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 2 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 3 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 4 Spanish food - not that special?
- 5 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 6 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 7 Chania
- 8 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 12 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 13 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 20 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 23 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 24 Car rental in Santorini port
- 25 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
Please help with itinery for 10 days in Switzerland - Novice traveller