Planning a trip to Switzerland in mid May for 10 days with hubby, 4 yr and 1 yr old. Initially we had planned on doing the following:
2 days in Zurich (flying into Zurich around 11.30 am)
2 days in Lucerne
1 day in Bern (optional)
3 days in Interlaken
2 days in Geneva (flying out of Geneva on the 11th day)
But when we looked at all attractions in the above places, I see that most of the attractions are museums which we will not be able to do due to our small kids.
We are thinking the following now:
Zurich: Toy Museum, Zoological Garden., Old Town and Bahnhoffstrasse (sp?)
Bern: Mt Gurten and Clock Tower 9Bern is optional)
Lucerne: Lake Lucerne, Glacier Garden, Swiss Transport Museum, Old Town and when it came to a choice between Mt Pilatus and Titlis, we thought Titlis due to the rotating cable car.
Interlaken: Jungfrau, Lake Thun and Harder Klum
Geneva: Lake Geneva
I know that the days will have to be readjusted based on our new plan, but this is basically it. Is this doable in the time we have and are we missing out on any important things to do see? Due to our kids, we are not planning on doing any historical sights/museums with the exception of the above mentioned one's. Would you suggest we skip/add anyting to the above mentioned? Also, if we have time, we are planning on flying to Pisa (just for the Leaning Tower for only a day). Would you suggest it? Thanks in advance for replies. Have never travelled before beyond our state, and this is the first big trip. So any answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 2 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 3 Bath/Cotswolds
- 4 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 5 Thinking about the Fjords
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 8 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 9 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 10 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 11 UK in May and June
- 12 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 Globus Iberian Tour
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 21 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 22 Budapest Card
- 23 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 24 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 25 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
Please help with itinery for 10 days in Switzerland - Novice traveller