Planning a trip to Switzerland in mid May for 10 days with hubby, 4 yr and 1 yr old. Initially we had planned on doing the following:
2 days in Zurich (flying into Zurich around 11.30 am)
2 days in Lucerne
1 day in Bern (optional)
3 days in Interlaken
2 days in Geneva (flying out of Geneva on the 11th day)
But when we looked at all attractions in the above places, I see that most of the attractions are museums which we will not be able to do due to our small kids.
We are thinking the following now:
Zurich: Toy Museum, Zoological Garden., Old Town and Bahnhoffstrasse (sp?)
Bern: Mt Gurten and Clock Tower 9Bern is optional)
Lucerne: Lake Lucerne, Glacier Garden, Swiss Transport Museum, Old Town and when it came to a choice between Mt Pilatus and Titlis, we thought Titlis due to the rotating cable car.
Interlaken: Jungfrau, Lake Thun and Harder Klum
Geneva: Lake Geneva
I know that the days will have to be readjusted based on our new plan, but this is basically it. Is this doable in the time we have and are we missing out on any important things to do see? Due to our kids, we are not planning on doing any historical sights/museums with the exception of the above mentioned one's. Would you suggest we skip/add anyting to the above mentioned? Also, if we have time, we are planning on flying to Pisa (just for the Leaning Tower for only a day). Would you suggest it? Thanks in advance for replies. Have never travelled before beyond our state, and this is the first big trip. So any answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 2 ATM
- 3 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 4 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 5 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 6 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 7 Spain Itinerary
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 ATM help
- 12 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 13 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 14 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 15 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 16 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 17 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 18 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 19 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 20 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 21 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 22 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 23 International drivers permit
- 24 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 25 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
Please help with itinery for 10 days in Switzerland - Novice traveller