Planning a trip to Switzerland in mid May for 10 days with hubby, 4 yr and 1 yr old. Initially we had planned on doing the following:
2 days in Zurich (flying into Zurich around 11.30 am)
2 days in Lucerne
1 day in Bern (optional)
3 days in Interlaken
2 days in Geneva (flying out of Geneva on the 11th day)
But when we looked at all attractions in the above places, I see that most of the attractions are museums which we will not be able to do due to our small kids.
We are thinking the following now:
Zurich: Toy Museum, Zoological Garden., Old Town and Bahnhoffstrasse (sp?)
Bern: Mt Gurten and Clock Tower 9Bern is optional)
Lucerne: Lake Lucerne, Glacier Garden, Swiss Transport Museum, Old Town and when it came to a choice between Mt Pilatus and Titlis, we thought Titlis due to the rotating cable car.
Interlaken: Jungfrau, Lake Thun and Harder Klum
Geneva: Lake Geneva
I know that the days will have to be readjusted based on our new plan, but this is basically it. Is this doable in the time we have and are we missing out on any important things to do see? Due to our kids, we are not planning on doing any historical sights/museums with the exception of the above mentioned one's. Would you suggest we skip/add anyting to the above mentioned? Also, if we have time, we are planning on flying to Pisa (just for the Leaning Tower for only a day). Would you suggest it? Thanks in advance for replies. Have never travelled before beyond our state, and this is the first big trip. So any answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 2 Gardens & GTGs
- 3 credit and debit cards
- 4 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 5 Amalfi Coast, Italy
- 6 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 7 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 8 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 9 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 10 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 11 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 12 Clean up spam
- 13 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 14 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 15 Is Sicily Safe?
- 16 Car rental help in Sicily
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 alItalia
- 19 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 20 Mykonos Beach Club
- 21 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 22 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 23 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 24 Visit to Engand
- 25 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
Please help with itinery for 10 days in Switzerland - Novice traveller