Planning a trip to Switzerland in mid May for 10 days with hubby, 4 yr and 1 yr old. Initially we had planned on doing the following:
2 days in Zurich (flying into Zurich around 11.30 am)
2 days in Lucerne
1 day in Bern (optional)
3 days in Interlaken
2 days in Geneva (flying out of Geneva on the 11th day)
But when we looked at all attractions in the above places, I see that most of the attractions are museums which we will not be able to do due to our small kids.
We are thinking the following now:
Zurich: Toy Museum, Zoological Garden., Old Town and Bahnhoffstrasse (sp?)
Bern: Mt Gurten and Clock Tower 9Bern is optional)
Lucerne: Lake Lucerne, Glacier Garden, Swiss Transport Museum, Old Town and when it came to a choice between Mt Pilatus and Titlis, we thought Titlis due to the rotating cable car.
Interlaken: Jungfrau, Lake Thun and Harder Klum
Geneva: Lake Geneva
I know that the days will have to be readjusted based on our new plan, but this is basically it. Is this doable in the time we have and are we missing out on any important things to do see? Due to our kids, we are not planning on doing any historical sights/museums with the exception of the above mentioned one's. Would you suggest we skip/add anyting to the above mentioned? Also, if we have time, we are planning on flying to Pisa (just for the Leaning Tower for only a day). Would you suggest it? Thanks in advance for replies. Have never travelled before beyond our state, and this is the first big trip. So any answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 2 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 3 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 4 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 5 please revew provence agenda
- 6 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 7 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 8 When and how to book for a trip?
- 9 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 10 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 11 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 12 France to stop making foie grois
- 13 Lake Como - basta!
- 14 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 15 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 16 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 17 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 18 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 19 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 20 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 21 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 23 Norway in November
- 24 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 25 Heraklion to Chania by Bus
Please help with itinery for 10 days in Switzerland - Novice traveller