Planning a trip to Switzerland in mid May for 10 days with hubby, 4 yr and 1 yr old. Initially we had planned on doing the following:
2 days in Zurich (flying into Zurich around 11.30 am)
2 days in Lucerne
1 day in Bern (optional)
3 days in Interlaken
2 days in Geneva (flying out of Geneva on the 11th day)
But when we looked at all attractions in the above places, I see that most of the attractions are museums which we will not be able to do due to our small kids.
We are thinking the following now:
Zurich: Toy Museum, Zoological Garden., Old Town and Bahnhoffstrasse (sp?)
Bern: Mt Gurten and Clock Tower 9Bern is optional)
Lucerne: Lake Lucerne, Glacier Garden, Swiss Transport Museum, Old Town and when it came to a choice between Mt Pilatus and Titlis, we thought Titlis due to the rotating cable car.
Interlaken: Jungfrau, Lake Thun and Harder Klum
Geneva: Lake Geneva
I know that the days will have to be readjusted based on our new plan, but this is basically it. Is this doable in the time we have and are we missing out on any important things to do see? Due to our kids, we are not planning on doing any historical sights/museums with the exception of the above mentioned one's. Would you suggest we skip/add anyting to the above mentioned? Also, if we have time, we are planning on flying to Pisa (just for the Leaning Tower for only a day). Would you suggest it? Thanks in advance for replies. Have never travelled before beyond our state, and this is the first big trip. So any answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Please help with itinery for 10 days in Switzerland - Novice traveller
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 2 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 3 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 6 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 9 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 10 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 11 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 12 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 13 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 14 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 15 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 16 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 17 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 18 2 weeks in Europe
- 19 Matisse at Tate
- 20 Ireland Southwest
- 21 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 25 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary