My husband and I are planning our first trip to Portugal next May, and would love your help. We are trying to keep it to 9 or 10 nights, but of course, find so much we want to see that it’s hard to make choices. We are early 60’s and love great food, wine, scenery, history, local charm, museums and hikes.
Prefer to limit one-night stays as much as possible.
Here is our tentative itinerary. We are thinking of flying into Lisbon and out of Porto (or vice versa).
Fly to Lisbon. Stay 3 or 4 nights with day trip to Sintra
Rent a car and drive to Obidos, lunch, and then overnight in Coimbra 1 night.
Drive to Douro Valley—2 nights
Drive to Porto, drop off car. Stay 3 nights with day trip to Guimares and/or Braga/Bom
If we reverse trip, we would stop/lunch in Coimbra and overnight in Obidos.
Questions for those who have been there:
Lisbon or Porto first? We’re thinking Lisbon as we like to do bigger cities first while fresh.
Which also asks…overnight in Obidos or Coimbra?
Three or 4 nights in Lisbon?
Are we missing anything we will be sorry for later?
Should we avoid Coimbra during Quimas das Fitas?
Haven’t gotten to hotels/inns/pousadas yet, but would love advice there, too. Charm and sense of place more important than price, but prefer to average under 200 euro a night. One two splurges ok.
Thank you all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 황금성 온라인게임 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 카지노잘하는법＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생중계바카라⊂바카라사이트추천
- 3 중국카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼바카라사이트×안전공원
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Trogir or Split
- 9 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 10 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Istria in two days
- 13 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 14 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 15 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 18 Scotland itinerary help
- 19 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 20 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 21 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 24 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 25 Info for Edinburgh visit