My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain in October. We've been to Barcelona (love!) and Majorca already, so this time we are focusing on Madrid and Andalucia. We are flying from Chicago.
Our plans so far--although we are waffling on the order:
Madrid--3 nights, with a day trip to Toledo
Sevilla--4 nights, with a day trip to Cordoba
Ronda and the white villages--2 nights
Madrid--last night, then fly home
My first two questions for you nice experts--Madrid, Sevilla or Granada first?
And which direction is prettier/better--Sevilla/Ronda/Granada, or Granada/Ronda/Sevilla?
Our initial idea was to do the itinerary as listed above, taking a train from Madrid to Sevilla, renting a car for the drive to/through the white villages, then taking a train from Granada back to Madrid for the flight home. I usually like seeing the biggest city first, when I am less "relaxed" and more inclined for hustle and bustle.
BUT we could save a train ride/that fourth night in Madrid and money if we try to get a connecting flight to either Sevilla or Granada first. On the fence. What would you do?
A note--my husband loved driving around Provence and the Corniche in France, and is a good driver, but not a fan of terrifying heights ala the Amalfi Coast. So would love driving/itinerary ideas between Sevilla and Granada that are scenic and dramatic but not scary--i.e.--if you drive this direction, you will be on the inside, not the outside of the cliff.
Thank you all so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DW, DD6, DD4, and me to Greece!!! Yippeeee.
- 2 Cycling in France
- 3 Norway by motorhome
- 4 Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple
- 5 Franfurt to Munich over a week - Fodorite wisdom?
- 6 Taking wine home from France
- 7 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 8 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 9 Need advice on transportation
- 10 Porto to Lisbon and the airport
- 11 Best way to access Australian-based cash on holidays in Europe?
- 12 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 13 Spain or Greece with Turkey with kids
- 14 Tallinn for 1st time
- 15 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 16 Avignon
- 17 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 18 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 19 Provence - Cassis and the Luberon?
- 20 Pompeii and Amalfi in three days
- 21 Norway in a NutShell via Car/Boat
- 22 Storage of extra luggage
- 23 8 days in Ireland. Dublin to Shannon.
- 24 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 25 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
Please help us plan our trip to Spain--Madrid and Andalucia