My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain in October. We've been to Barcelona (love!) and Majorca already, so this time we are focusing on Madrid and Andalucia. We are flying from Chicago.
Our plans so far--although we are waffling on the order:
Madrid--3 nights, with a day trip to Toledo
Sevilla--4 nights, with a day trip to Cordoba
Ronda and the white villages--2 nights
Madrid--last night, then fly home
My first two questions for you nice experts--Madrid, Sevilla or Granada first?
And which direction is prettier/better--Sevilla/Ronda/Granada, or Granada/Ronda/Sevilla?
Our initial idea was to do the itinerary as listed above, taking a train from Madrid to Sevilla, renting a car for the drive to/through the white villages, then taking a train from Granada back to Madrid for the flight home. I usually like seeing the biggest city first, when I am less "relaxed" and more inclined for hustle and bustle.
BUT we could save a train ride/that fourth night in Madrid and money if we try to get a connecting flight to either Sevilla or Granada first. On the fence. What would you do?
A note--my husband loved driving around Provence and the Corniche in France, and is a good driver, but not a fan of terrifying heights ala the Amalfi Coast. So would love driving/itinerary ideas between Sevilla and Granada that are scenic and dramatic but not scary--i.e.--if you drive this direction, you will be on the inside, not the outside of the cliff.
Thank you all so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Roque Gageac, France in early October
- 2 The best hotel in Naples for last night in Italy!
- 3 Packing as Light as Possible!
- 4 Can you recommend a hotel in Santorini?
- 5 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 6 Help planning for 8 days Barcelona and Costa Brava.
- 7 With AT&T Passport plan, do we also need GPS or MiFi for driving/maps?
- 8 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 9 Buckfast Abbey Brews Up a Brouhahah!
- 10 La Mouzaia in northeastern Paris
- 11 Transferring on Germany trains
- 12 Itinerary Paris/Provence - please provide thoughts
- 13 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 14 Pompeii, Herculaneum
- 15 home base in provence
- 16 Cotswolds: Wheatsheaf Inn, NorthLeach or Rectory, Crudwell
- 17 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 18 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 19 Dolomiti advice please!
- 20 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 21 Euro Quiz # 110 - Potpourri
- 22 quick Rome advice
- 23 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 24 Lucca Hotel Easy to get to Pisa Airport
- 25 Package Tours of Normandy
Please help us plan our trip to Spain--Madrid and Andalucia