My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain in October. We've been to Barcelona (love!) and Majorca already, so this time we are focusing on Madrid and Andalucia. We are flying from Chicago.
Our plans so far--although we are waffling on the order:
Madrid--3 nights, with a day trip to Toledo
Sevilla--4 nights, with a day trip to Cordoba
Ronda and the white villages--2 nights
Madrid--last night, then fly home
My first two questions for you nice experts--Madrid, Sevilla or Granada first?
And which direction is prettier/better--Sevilla/Ronda/Granada, or Granada/Ronda/Sevilla?
Our initial idea was to do the itinerary as listed above, taking a train from Madrid to Sevilla, renting a car for the drive to/through the white villages, then taking a train from Granada back to Madrid for the flight home. I usually like seeing the biggest city first, when I am less "relaxed" and more inclined for hustle and bustle.
BUT we could save a train ride/that fourth night in Madrid and money if we try to get a connecting flight to either Sevilla or Granada first. On the fence. What would you do?
A note--my husband loved driving around Provence and the Corniche in France, and is a good driver, but not a fan of terrifying heights ala the Amalfi Coast. So would love driving/itinerary ideas between Sevilla and Granada that are scenic and dramatic but not scary--i.e.--if you drive this direction, you will be on the inside, not the outside of the cliff.
Thank you all so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro 2016
- 2 Charles Degaulle question
- 3 Amsterdam Hotel
- 4 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 5 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 6 FCO connection time
- 7 Paris gtg in October?
- 8 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 9 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 10 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 11 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 12 Dolomites October 14-18
- 13 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 14 Switzerland itinerary help
- 15 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 16 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 17 Norway Itinerary
- 18 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 19 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 20 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 21 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 22 Pompeii luggage storage
- 23 Departure Tax in UK
- 24 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 25 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
Please help us plan our trip to Spain--Madrid and Andalucia