My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain in October. We've been to Barcelona (love!) and Majorca already, so this time we are focusing on Madrid and Andalucia. We are flying from Chicago.
Our plans so far--although we are waffling on the order:
Madrid--3 nights, with a day trip to Toledo
Sevilla--4 nights, with a day trip to Cordoba
Ronda and the white villages--2 nights
Madrid--last night, then fly home
My first two questions for you nice experts--Madrid, Sevilla or Granada first?
And which direction is prettier/better--Sevilla/Ronda/Granada, or Granada/Ronda/Sevilla?
Our initial idea was to do the itinerary as listed above, taking a train from Madrid to Sevilla, renting a car for the drive to/through the white villages, then taking a train from Granada back to Madrid for the flight home. I usually like seeing the biggest city first, when I am less "relaxed" and more inclined for hustle and bustle.
BUT we could save a train ride/that fourth night in Madrid and money if we try to get a connecting flight to either Sevilla or Granada first. On the fence. What would you do?
A note--my husband loved driving around Provence and the Corniche in France, and is a good driver, but not a fan of terrifying heights ala the Amalfi Coast. So would love driving/itinerary ideas between Sevilla and Granada that are scenic and dramatic but not scary--i.e.--if you drive this direction, you will be on the inside, not the outside of the cliff.
Thank you all so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My First Trip to Europe...
- 2 Residential wallpaper designs
- 3 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 4 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 5 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 6 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 7 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 8 Naples or Genoa
- 9 France to stop making foie grois
- 10 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 11 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 12 Greece Itinerary
- 13 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 14 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 15 Road Maps of Ireland
- 16 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 Manchester on derby weekend
- 19 Rome to Positano
- 20 Day trips from Uzes
- 21 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 22 From London to Paris to US
- 23 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 24 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 25 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
Please help us plan our trip to Spain--Madrid and Andalucia