My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain in October. We've been to Barcelona (love!) and Majorca already, so this time we are focusing on Madrid and Andalucia. We are flying from Chicago.
Our plans so far--although we are waffling on the order:
Madrid--3 nights, with a day trip to Toledo
Sevilla--4 nights, with a day trip to Cordoba
Ronda and the white villages--2 nights
Madrid--last night, then fly home
My first two questions for you nice experts--Madrid, Sevilla or Granada first?
And which direction is prettier/better--Sevilla/Ronda/Granada, or Granada/Ronda/Sevilla?
Our initial idea was to do the itinerary as listed above, taking a train from Madrid to Sevilla, renting a car for the drive to/through the white villages, then taking a train from Granada back to Madrid for the flight home. I usually like seeing the biggest city first, when I am less "relaxed" and more inclined for hustle and bustle.
BUT we could save a train ride/that fourth night in Madrid and money if we try to get a connecting flight to either Sevilla or Granada first. On the fence. What would you do?
A note--my husband loved driving around Provence and the Corniche in France, and is a good driver, but not a fan of terrifying heights ala the Amalfi Coast. So would love driving/itinerary ideas between Sevilla and Granada that are scenic and dramatic but not scary--i.e.--if you drive this direction, you will be on the inside, not the outside of the cliff.
Thank you all so much!
Please help us plan our trip to Spain--Madrid and Andalucia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 4 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 5 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 6 France, Italy and Greec
- 7 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 8 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 9 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 10 Air pollution in Paris
- 11 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 12 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 13 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 14 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 15 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Naxos in May
- 18 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Belfast to Scotland help
- 21 20 days in Germany
- 22 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 23 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 24 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 25 Portugal Alentejo's cante