My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain in October. We've been to Barcelona (love!) and Majorca already, so this time we are focusing on Madrid and Andalucia. We are flying from Chicago.
Our plans so far--although we are waffling on the order:
Madrid--3 nights, with a day trip to Toledo
Sevilla--4 nights, with a day trip to Cordoba
Ronda and the white villages--2 nights
Madrid--last night, then fly home
My first two questions for you nice experts--Madrid, Sevilla or Granada first?
And which direction is prettier/better--Sevilla/Ronda/Granada, or Granada/Ronda/Sevilla?
Our initial idea was to do the itinerary as listed above, taking a train from Madrid to Sevilla, renting a car for the drive to/through the white villages, then taking a train from Granada back to Madrid for the flight home. I usually like seeing the biggest city first, when I am less "relaxed" and more inclined for hustle and bustle.
BUT we could save a train ride/that fourth night in Madrid and money if we try to get a connecting flight to either Sevilla or Granada first. On the fence. What would you do?
A note--my husband loved driving around Provence and the Corniche in France, and is a good driver, but not a fan of terrifying heights ala the Amalfi Coast. So would love driving/itinerary ideas between Sevilla and Granada that are scenic and dramatic but not scary--i.e.--if you drive this direction, you will be on the inside, not the outside of the cliff.
Thank you all so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Old European currency
- 2 Denmark or Sweden?
- 3 Amsterdam hotels
- 4 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 5 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 6 Five night Ireland Trip
- 7 Brugge hotel help
- 8 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 9 Paris hotels
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 London Hotels
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 1 month in Europe
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 20 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 21 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 22 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 23 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 24 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 25 Back from Paris
Please help us plan our trip to Spain--Madrid and Andalucia