My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain in October. We've been to Barcelona (love!) and Majorca already, so this time we are focusing on Madrid and Andalucia. We are flying from Chicago.
Our plans so far--although we are waffling on the order:
Madrid--3 nights, with a day trip to Toledo
Sevilla--4 nights, with a day trip to Cordoba
Ronda and the white villages--2 nights
Madrid--last night, then fly home
My first two questions for you nice experts--Madrid, Sevilla or Granada first?
And which direction is prettier/better--Sevilla/Ronda/Granada, or Granada/Ronda/Sevilla?
Our initial idea was to do the itinerary as listed above, taking a train from Madrid to Sevilla, renting a car for the drive to/through the white villages, then taking a train from Granada back to Madrid for the flight home. I usually like seeing the biggest city first, when I am less "relaxed" and more inclined for hustle and bustle.
BUT we could save a train ride/that fourth night in Madrid and money if we try to get a connecting flight to either Sevilla or Granada first. On the fence. What would you do?
A note--my husband loved driving around Provence and the Corniche in France, and is a good driver, but not a fan of terrifying heights ala the Amalfi Coast. So would love driving/itinerary ideas between Sevilla and Granada that are scenic and dramatic but not scary--i.e.--if you drive this direction, you will be on the inside, not the outside of the cliff.
Thank you all so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 2 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 3 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 4 Chamonix to Paris
- 5 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 6 Undisclsoed location
- 7 Need help with my itinerary
- 8 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 9 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 10 Italy bus or train
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 13 Paris in September
- 14 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 15 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 help with Italy itinerary
- 18 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 19 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 20 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 21 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 22 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 23 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 24 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 25 Praiano
Please help us plan our trip to Spain--Madrid and Andalucia