Just got to know of this wonderful site and all you helpful ppl while surfing web.
Well i will be travelling to Switzerland with my wife in 2nd week of May for 6 days and i would like to your valuable comments to refine/update my draft itinerary which is currently as below:
Day 1 - 8th May: Reach Geneva airport around noon and post buying swiss flexi pass/swiss pass/ half fare card (yet to decide) ,we would like to see geneva city till late evening and leave for interlaken around 7:00 PM.(we will be staying in interlaken west for next 4 days and for some reason decided to make this as base camp.)
Day2 - 9th May: Start from interlaken west and see Jungfrauh , grindelwald and lauterbrunnen valley (I heard there are some water falls). i think this will take whole day and come back to see interaken town in evening.
Day 3- 10th May: Take the first possible boat to reach till thun (Not sure if should get down at speiz or thun and roam around) Post lunch at either of place we plan to take train to bern and spend rest of day to cover bern town and other monuments.(Do some shopping ..prob watches if cheap.) retrn back to I'laken by late evening.
Day 4 - 11th May : Take the second boat ride to breinz and/or visit lauterbrunnen again if we liked it much on day 2 and cme back to interlaken by 04;00 PM as we plan to do bungee jump (need advice..on this..!)
Day 5 -12th may: Leave early morning around 8 am to lucerne and spend whole day in lucerne sightseeing,include englerberg or mt titlis if possible and late by late evening around 08PM for zurich.
Day6 - 13th may: We have booked the only cheap hotel near airport so will travel to city back and spend whole day sight seeing zurich town,churches etc . We will leave for airport around 5:00 PM as we have flight late evening out of swiss.
....and now the queries..Starting with highest prio. to least...
1.Which travel pass we should buy ? I understand 4 day consecutive swiss pass is not valid base on time stamp i.e if we use on 8th noon, it will count 8th as one day and not base on hours? Which pass gives 50% on jungfrauh? We will always be travelling togthether.
2. We are more keen to see nature beauty ..so please advise changes ...Wengen/murren if possible and when?
3. Which place you suggest for shopping .(watches particular)...Lucerne,interlaken or zurich?
4.I did some reasearch on bungee jump and seems stockhorn bungee is not available till may last week.so plan to do glacier jump instead...do we need to prebook and book when we reach there..? is there any discount with swiss pass or card..
Your comments/suggestion are welcome..and we are open to change our itinerary...Only thing fixed is hotel and entry/exit from swiss.
Let me know if you need more info.
Please help refine my itinerary for Swiss trip !!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 2 France, Italy and Greec
- 3 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 4 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 5 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 6 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 7 Air pollution in Paris
- 8 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 9 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 10 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 11 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 Naxos in May
- 16 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 17 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 18 Belfast to Scotland help
- 19 20 days in Germany
- 20 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 21 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 22 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 23 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 24 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 25 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive