Just got to know of this wonderful site and all you helpful ppl while surfing web.
Well i will be travelling to Switzerland with my wife in 2nd week of May for 6 days and i would like to your valuable comments to refine/update my draft itinerary which is currently as below:
Day 1 - 8th May: Reach Geneva airport around noon and post buying swiss flexi pass/swiss pass/ half fare card (yet to decide) ,we would like to see geneva city till late evening and leave for interlaken around 7:00 PM.(we will be staying in interlaken west for next 4 days and for some reason decided to make this as base camp.)
Day2 - 9th May: Start from interlaken west and see Jungfrauh , grindelwald and lauterbrunnen valley (I heard there are some water falls). i think this will take whole day and come back to see interaken town in evening.
Day 3- 10th May: Take the first possible boat to reach till thun (Not sure if should get down at speiz or thun and roam around) Post lunch at either of place we plan to take train to bern and spend rest of day to cover bern town and other monuments.(Do some shopping ..prob watches if cheap.) retrn back to I'laken by late evening.
Day 4 - 11th May : Take the second boat ride to breinz and/or visit lauterbrunnen again if we liked it much on day 2 and cme back to interlaken by 04;00 PM as we plan to do bungee jump (need advice..on this..!)
Day 5 -12th may: Leave early morning around 8 am to lucerne and spend whole day in lucerne sightseeing,include englerberg or mt titlis if possible and late by late evening around 08PM for zurich.
Day6 - 13th may: We have booked the only cheap hotel near airport so will travel to city back and spend whole day sight seeing zurich town,churches etc . We will leave for airport around 5:00 PM as we have flight late evening out of swiss.
....and now the queries..Starting with highest prio. to least...
1.Which travel pass we should buy ? I understand 4 day consecutive swiss pass is not valid base on time stamp i.e if we use on 8th noon, it will count 8th as one day and not base on hours? Which pass gives 50% on jungfrauh? We will always be travelling togthether.
2. We are more keen to see nature beauty ..so please advise changes ...Wengen/murren if possible and when?
3. Which place you suggest for shopping .(watches particular)...Lucerne,interlaken or zurich?
4.I did some reasearch on bungee jump and seems stockhorn bungee is not available till may last week.so plan to do glacier jump instead...do we need to prebook and book when we reach there..? is there any discount with swiss pass or card..
Your comments/suggestion are welcome..and we are open to change our itinerary...Only thing fixed is hotel and entry/exit from swiss.
Let me know if you need more info.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 2 help with 1st trip to Paris/London please
- 3 taxi at the CDG airport
- 4 Need help with Sightseeing Tours
- 5 Destination wedding venue suggestions Tuscany or No Italy
- 6 1st Time in Europe
- 7 Montreux/Vevey Local Shopping
- 8 Italy in August
- 9 buying Eruos in advance
- 10 booking the train from Pompeii to Rome
- 11 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 12 train Helsinki to St. Petersburg
- 13 Shopping in Paris
- 14 Berlin or Budapest?
- 15 Itinerary recommendation (Germany, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland)
- 16 Dubrovnik area
- 17 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 18 Taking wine home from France
- 19 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 20 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 21 Trips to include in Paris/Amsterdam visit
- 22 Spending money
- 23 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 24 One Week France, Mid Oct, after Paris
- 25 Naples & Amalfi Coast