We may be renting a car to drive from Munich to Salzburg. Question- can someone suggest a scenic route? Driving to chiemsee lake and seeing herrenchiemsee castle sounds nice. Would the drive and castle and walk around lake with ultimate destination in Salzburg in one day be doable?
If we end up taking train from Munich to Salzburg (Bayern ticket) would this be an easy trip to take via train or bus? How?
We are also thinking to rent a car for a day from Salzburg to go to Hallstatt. Would this be doable without a car?
Last question limderhoff castle- worth trying to do from Munich without a car? Looks like we will skip it (did the neuschwanstein and the one next to it and hubby thought that was a long day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 4 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 5 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 9 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 12 38 Days in Paris
- 13 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 14 Naxos car rental
- 15 Greek Islands (small)
- 16 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 17 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 18 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 19 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 20 Things to do in Brussels
- 21 Short Trip in July
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 24 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 25 Recommendations for Wiesbaden