We may be renting a car to drive from Munich to Salzburg. Question- can someone suggest a scenic route? Driving to chiemsee lake and seeing herrenchiemsee castle sounds nice. Would the drive and castle and walk around lake with ultimate destination in Salzburg in one day be doable?
If we end up taking train from Munich to Salzburg (Bayern ticket) would this be an easy trip to take via train or bus? How?
We are also thinking to rent a car for a day from Salzburg to go to Hallstatt. Would this be doable without a car?
Last question limderhoff castle- worth trying to do from Munich without a car? Looks like we will skip it (did the neuschwanstein and the one next to it and hubby thought that was a long day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 6 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 7 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?