We may be renting a car to drive from Munich to Salzburg. Question- can someone suggest a scenic route? Driving to chiemsee lake and seeing herrenchiemsee castle sounds nice. Would the drive and castle and walk around lake with ultimate destination in Salzburg in one day be doable?
If we end up taking train from Munich to Salzburg (Bayern ticket) would this be an easy trip to take via train or bus? How?
We are also thinking to rent a car for a day from Salzburg to go to Hallstatt. Would this be doable without a car?
Last question limderhoff castle- worth trying to do from Munich without a car? Looks like we will skip it (did the neuschwanstein and the one next to it and hubby thought that was a long day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 7 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 13 Salzburg itinerary review
- 14 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 15 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 16 Milan and Lake Como
- 17 weekend from cologne germany
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 22 Where to eat in Rome?
- 23 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more