On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Please help me plan these Paris Metro connections
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gite and/or agritourism
- 2 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 Athens/Istanbul March
- 5 English ruined castles
- 6 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 7 Stay away Buchbinder car rental company
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 10 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 13 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 14 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 17 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 18 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 19 Dublin to Armagh?
- 20 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 21 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 22 Apartment for family trip to London
- 23 Prebook B&Bs
- 24 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 25 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?