On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1-800-841-6436 dial netflx call number
- 2 Rome and Venice in December
- 3 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 4 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 5 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 6 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 7 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 8 Malta: baby food?
- 9 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 10 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 11 Shopping in Paris
- 12 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 13 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 14 2 London theatre recommendations
- 15 spanish winery region(s)
- 16 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 17 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 18 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 19 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 20 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 21 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 22 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 23 December in Deutschland
- 24 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 25 Moscow and St Petersburg