On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 3 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 4 Self drive tour companies
- 5 scotland
- 6 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Ischia
- 9 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 10 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 11 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 14 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 15 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 16 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 17 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 18 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 24 First time in London
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?