On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 2 Where can I get Russian rubles?
- 3 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 4 3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?
- 5 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 6 Train or flight from Paris to Munich?
- 7 Eiffel Tower in mid-June without pre-booking
- 8 Itenerary Opinion
- 9 Knockoff Designer bags in uk?
- 10 Britain Itinerary Suggestions
- 11 A road trip to Florence
- 12 Transportation
- 13 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 14 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 15 Swiss art displays
- 16 Bus fine Italy
- 17 Taragona best way there from Barcelona
- 18 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 19 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 20 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 21 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 22 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 23 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 24 Krakow with photos
- 25 I am a.tall foodie