On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 4 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 5 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 6 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 7 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 8 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 9 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 10 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 13 Sim Cards
- 14 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 15 London in Winter Report
- 16 Portugal rental car
- 17 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 18 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 19 IWM
- 20 London Hotel - Different Request
- 21 Seville to Cordoba
- 22 3 nights in Madrid
- 23 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 24 Travelling Iceland
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon