On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Please help me plan these Paris Metro connections
- 1 15 days in Europe,
- 2 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 9 Gogartys, Dublin
- 10 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 11 Europe with young teens
- 12 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 13 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 14 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 15 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 16 Advises for trip to Russia
- 17 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 20 Prague - must see
- 21 Sicily 10 days
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 25 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland