On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 3 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 4 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 5 4 days in switzerland
- 6 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 7 14 nights in Europe
- 8 Vienna or Budapest?
- 9 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 10 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 11 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 12 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 13 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 14 French immersion courses in France
- 15 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 16 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 17 Ireland & Scotland
- 18 CDG airport
- 19 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 20 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 21 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 22 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 23 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 24 Munich
- 25 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.