On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Please help me plan these Paris Metro connections
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 2 Gluten free options in Spain?
- 3 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 4 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 5 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 6 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 7 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 8 Gluten Free in Italy
- 9 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 10 Ireland's west coast
- 11 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 12 Eating Gluten-Free in France/Paris
- 13 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 14 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 15 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 16 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 17 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 18 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 19 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 20 Rocamaxour
- 21 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 22 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 23 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 24 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 25 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?