On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 What fresh hell is this?
- 6 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 7 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Which Train Station in Venice
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 One free day in Barcelona
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21