On our last day in Paris, I'll need to get from near the "La Tour Maubourg" metro stop to Gare Montparnasse---on a Saturday (if that makes a difference from scheduling) and WITH our luggage (4 adults, 2 kids, and each of us will have one small rollie-type carry on.)
I'm not at all familiar with these lines as it has been almost a decade since I've been to Paris.
If we take the "La Tour Maubourg" line 8, then it looks like a transfer at La Motte Piquotte to line 6, and then possibly another short transfer to get into Gare Montparnasse.
If we walk over to the Varenne metro station it's a straight shot to on line 13 to Gare Montparnasse, but I vaguely recall that the 13 line runs less frequently on Saturdays.
Plus I don't know what the stairs are like for any of these stations and correspondances.
Can someone give me any sort of feedback about this trip, or send me to a website that shows the metro schedule?
I'm trying to avoid having to call multiple taxis (or worse, a car service) for what, at least on paper, seems like an easy trip to Gare Montparnasse. Then again, maybe with 6 of us, the cost of a couple taxis (3 per taxi) is worth avoiding the hassle of the metro that day?
Thanks for the help!
Please help me plan these Paris Metro connections
- 1 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 2 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 3 Do and don't, eating in France
- 4 Spain with kids
- 5 Places to visit from London
- 6 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 7 Meeting up at CDG
- 8 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 9 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 10 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 11 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 12 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 13 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 14 Paris Ticket t+
- 15 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 16 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 17 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 18 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 19 Getting the best our of Europe
- 20 best clubs in barcelona
- 21 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 22 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 23 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 24 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 25 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!