This is my first post and I'm hoping some seasoned travellers can help me out as this will be my first time stepping out of North America (Canada)!
My husband and I are planning our 3 week honeymoon in Italy and the more research we do, the more we are overwhelmed and are having problems narrowing down our itinerary! We are very active and like to be kept busy during our stay, but do not want to underestimate travel times, etc. Basically - we want to get the most out of our trip without overdoing it. I have a VERY EXTREME skeleton Itinerary copied below. It's obviously way too packed and what I'm hoping you can help me to narrow it down! Based on your experiences, can certain day trips / places be missed? We are not huge into history or art and a quick walk through of most museums and churches will suffice, we just want a trip with alot of variety, culture, architecture, and great food and too see as much as possible without turning our vacation into a chore! Please give me your personal preferences as I understand many people will say "it depends on you and your tastes"
Also, are there MUST SEE places that I have missed? Verona? Assissi? Sorrento? etc?Thank you for your help!!!
Day 1 Calgary to London
Day 2 London to Venice - arrive in PM
Day 3 Venice - Tour Venice
Day 4 Venice - Verona Day Trip (or Treviso? or Padova?)
Day 5 Venice - Torcello & Burano Day Trip
Day 6 Venice - Travel to Cinque Terre in AM and stay overnight
Day 7 Cinque Terre - Travel to Florence in PM
Day 8 Florence - Tour Florence
Day 9 Florence - Tour Florence
Day 10 Florence - Pisa / Lucca Day Trip
Day 11 Florence - Siena / San Gimignano Day Trip
Day 12 Florence - Travel to Rome in AM
Day 13 Rome - Tour Rome
Day 14 Rome - Tour Rome
Day 15 Rome - Vatican City
Day 16 Rome - Travel to Amalfi Coast (Salerno home base?)
Day 17 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Naples
Day 18 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Pompeii / Mt. Vesuvius
Day 19 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Capri? Positano?
Day 20 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Paestum / Herculaneum
Day 21 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Travel back to Venice for Departure
Day 22 Leave
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 2 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 3 info Faro & Algarve
- 4 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 5 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 6 Nafplio to Hydra
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 9 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 13 Santorini lodging
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 16 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 17 May get together in Paris
- 18 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 19 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 22 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 23 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 24 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 25 Italian lakes