This is my first post and I'm hoping some seasoned travellers can help me out as this will be my first time stepping out of North America (Canada)!
My husband and I are planning our 3 week honeymoon in Italy and the more research we do, the more we are overwhelmed and are having problems narrowing down our itinerary! We are very active and like to be kept busy during our stay, but do not want to underestimate travel times, etc. Basically - we want to get the most out of our trip without overdoing it. I have a VERY EXTREME skeleton Itinerary copied below. It's obviously way too packed and what I'm hoping you can help me to narrow it down! Based on your experiences, can certain day trips / places be missed? We are not huge into history or art and a quick walk through of most museums and churches will suffice, we just want a trip with alot of variety, culture, architecture, and great food and too see as much as possible without turning our vacation into a chore! Please give me your personal preferences as I understand many people will say "it depends on you and your tastes"
Also, are there MUST SEE places that I have missed? Verona? Assissi? Sorrento? etc?Thank you for your help!!!
Day 1 Calgary to London
Day 2 London to Venice - arrive in PM
Day 3 Venice - Tour Venice
Day 4 Venice - Verona Day Trip (or Treviso? or Padova?)
Day 5 Venice - Torcello & Burano Day Trip
Day 6 Venice - Travel to Cinque Terre in AM and stay overnight
Day 7 Cinque Terre - Travel to Florence in PM
Day 8 Florence - Tour Florence
Day 9 Florence - Tour Florence
Day 10 Florence - Pisa / Lucca Day Trip
Day 11 Florence - Siena / San Gimignano Day Trip
Day 12 Florence - Travel to Rome in AM
Day 13 Rome - Tour Rome
Day 14 Rome - Tour Rome
Day 15 Rome - Vatican City
Day 16 Rome - Travel to Amalfi Coast (Salerno home base?)
Day 17 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Naples
Day 18 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Pompeii / Mt. Vesuvius
Day 19 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Capri? Positano?
Day 20 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Paestum / Herculaneum
Day 21 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Travel back to Venice for Departure
Day 22 Leave
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사다리분석 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 3 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 4 Paris for children
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Scotland - We're Here!
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 8 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 9 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 10 quickest way to Prague
- 11 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 12 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 13 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 14 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 15 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 16 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 17 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 18 16 days in France and Italy
- 19 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 20 Avoid Europcar!
- 21 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 22 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 23 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 24 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 25 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please