This is my first post and I'm hoping some seasoned travellers can help me out as this will be my first time stepping out of North America (Canada)!
My husband and I are planning our 3 week honeymoon in Italy and the more research we do, the more we are overwhelmed and are having problems narrowing down our itinerary! We are very active and like to be kept busy during our stay, but do not want to underestimate travel times, etc. Basically - we want to get the most out of our trip without overdoing it. I have a VERY EXTREME skeleton Itinerary copied below. It's obviously way too packed and what I'm hoping you can help me to narrow it down! Based on your experiences, can certain day trips / places be missed? We are not huge into history or art and a quick walk through of most museums and churches will suffice, we just want a trip with alot of variety, culture, architecture, and great food and too see as much as possible without turning our vacation into a chore! Please give me your personal preferences as I understand many people will say "it depends on you and your tastes"
Also, are there MUST SEE places that I have missed? Verona? Assissi? Sorrento? etc?Thank you for your help!!!
Day 1 Calgary to London
Day 2 London to Venice - arrive in PM
Day 3 Venice - Tour Venice
Day 4 Venice - Verona Day Trip (or Treviso? or Padova?)
Day 5 Venice - Torcello & Burano Day Trip
Day 6 Venice - Travel to Cinque Terre in AM and stay overnight
Day 7 Cinque Terre - Travel to Florence in PM
Day 8 Florence - Tour Florence
Day 9 Florence - Tour Florence
Day 10 Florence - Pisa / Lucca Day Trip
Day 11 Florence - Siena / San Gimignano Day Trip
Day 12 Florence - Travel to Rome in AM
Day 13 Rome - Tour Rome
Day 14 Rome - Tour Rome
Day 15 Rome - Vatican City
Day 16 Rome - Travel to Amalfi Coast (Salerno home base?)
Day 17 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Naples
Day 18 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Pompeii / Mt. Vesuvius
Day 19 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Capri? Positano?
Day 20 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Day Trip to Paestum / Herculaneum
Day 21 Amalfi Coast (Salerno) - Travel back to Venice for Departure
Day 22 Leave
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 2 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 3 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Paris Metro
- 6 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 7 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 8 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 11 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 12 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 13 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 14 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 getting to CDG
- 17 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 18 Cambrils
- 19 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 20 Amalfi Coast help
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 23 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 24 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 25 solo guy traveling to europe help please