We have our flights booked : San Francisco > Venice, and Naples > San Francisco.
Our flight timings give us 17 nights, and almost 18 days there. I would appreciate your input about my high level plans before I start looking at hotels. We do have an apartment booked San Casciano Dei Bagni already.
We are traveling with two kids ages 9 and 5. Kids are happy travelers and have traveled quite bit. We enjoy history (though long history or museum tours don't work well for the kids), architecture, wandering around, people watching, farmer's markets, festivals and moderate hikes.
Day1 – Arriving Venice at 10am. Check-in, take a walk, relax. Stay in Venice.
Day2, 3 – Explore Venice. Stay in Venice.
Day 4 – Rent a car in the morning, and drive to Florence. Stay in Florence.
Day 5 – Explore Florence. Stay in Florence.
Day 6 – Drive to San Casciano dei Bagni later in the day. Stay in San Casciano dei Bagni.
Day 7-11 – Explore Tuscany and Umbria. Considering Siena, Volterra, Montepulciano, Chiusi, Pienza, Spoleto, Perugia. Would appreciate recommendation for daytrips itinerary from our homebase.
Day 12 – Return Car. Take train to Rome. Stay in Rome.
Day 13 – Explore Rome. Stay in Rome.
Day 14 – Explore Rome. Stay in Rome.
Day 15 – Explore Rome. Take evening bus/train to Sorrento. Stay in Sorrento.
Day 16, 17 – Day trips to Pompeii, Naples, Amalfi coast towns. Stay in Sorrento.
Day 18 – Sorrento. Take Taxi to Naples airport for 6pm flight.
I would appreciate input for overall plan, daytrips and hotel recommendations (ideally upto $250/night but flexible).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Uber vs. TfL
- 8 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 15 celticmoon, a quick question
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 What fresh hell is this?
- 19 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 20 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 21 Which Train Station in Venice
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Bordeaux to Nice