We'll be leaving our apartment in Bedoin on Saturday, October 3, heading home from Nice on Wednesday, October 7, 12:30 pm flight.
Looking at the map, frankly there seem to be a lot of roads around Nice, and we don't want to end our trip frazzled, with the driver ready to strangle the navigator (me) or at the very least, tense and exhausted. I'm thinking maybe we should drop the car in Nice, wherever that might be, and take public transport.
We'll have three full days if we get to Nice Saturday:
One day in Nice,
One day bus or train to Eze, Juan les Pins, Villefranche sur mer. Is this doable in one day? Just starting to read the Hare with Amber Eyes, so would like to visit Ephrussis.
Third day, not sure. Ideas?
Alternative is to keep the car for one day for St. Paul de Vence, and environs.I wouldn't take the bus there, as the winding roads in a bus aren't great for motion sickness. Bad enough in a car. .
I wouldnt mind trying to fit Verdon gorge in, but DH wouldn't even consider narrow mountain roads with a steep drop off, out of the question.
Is there a way to experience the gorge from the ground without climbing? Hope that's not too stupid a question!
Would it perhaps be better to stop along the way from Bedoin, leaving three nights in Nice, two full days?
Sorry, this sounds very disjointed with lots of questions! I'm waiting for my Michelin guide and maps to arrive, but can't wait to get started, I'm very excited and impatient today!
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 3 Munich itinerary review
- 4 My final Prague itinerary
- 5 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 8 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 9 weekend from cologne germany
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 3nights in Venice
- 14 multi city flights to europe
- 15 Europe itinerary questions
- 16 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 17 Earthquake near Naples
- 18 13 nights in switzerland
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 21 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 22 Football Tickets - Athens
- 23 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Salzburg itinerary review