We'll be leaving our apartment in Bedoin on Saturday, October 3, heading home from Nice on Wednesday, October 7, 12:30 pm flight.
Looking at the map, frankly there seem to be a lot of roads around Nice, and we don't want to end our trip frazzled, with the driver ready to strangle the navigator (me) or at the very least, tense and exhausted. I'm thinking maybe we should drop the car in Nice, wherever that might be, and take public transport.
We'll have three full days if we get to Nice Saturday:
One day in Nice,
One day bus or train to Eze, Juan les Pins, Villefranche sur mer. Is this doable in one day? Just starting to read the Hare with Amber Eyes, so would like to visit Ephrussis.
Third day, not sure. Ideas?
Alternative is to keep the car for one day for St. Paul de Vence, and environs.I wouldn't take the bus there, as the winding roads in a bus aren't great for motion sickness. Bad enough in a car. .
I wouldnt mind trying to fit Verdon gorge in, but DH wouldn't even consider narrow mountain roads with a steep drop off, out of the question.
Is there a way to experience the gorge from the ground without climbing? Hope that's not too stupid a question!
Would it perhaps be better to stop along the way from Bedoin, leaving three nights in Nice, two full days?
Sorry, this sounds very disjointed with lots of questions! I'm waiting for my Michelin guide and maps to arrive, but can't wait to get started, I'm very excited and impatient today!
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) Microsoft Office365 Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681 :7208 office 24*7
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 4 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 5 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 6 Airport Transit Visa
- 7 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 8 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 9 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 10 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 11 Travelling Iceland
- 12 Italian lake cruise
- 13 Paris advice with kids
- 14 Tuscany Itinerary
- 15 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 16 First visit to London
- 17 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 18 Route Information
- 19 International drivers permit
- 20 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 21 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 22 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 23 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 24 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 25 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?