We'll be leaving our apartment in Bedoin on Saturday, October 3, heading home from Nice on Wednesday, October 7, 12:30 pm flight.
Looking at the map, frankly there seem to be a lot of roads around Nice, and we don't want to end our trip frazzled, with the driver ready to strangle the navigator (me) or at the very least, tense and exhausted. I'm thinking maybe we should drop the car in Nice, wherever that might be, and take public transport.
We'll have three full days if we get to Nice Saturday:
One day in Nice,
One day bus or train to Eze, Juan les Pins, Villefranche sur mer. Is this doable in one day? Just starting to read the Hare with Amber Eyes, so would like to visit Ephrussis.
Third day, not sure. Ideas?
Alternative is to keep the car for one day for St. Paul de Vence, and environs.I wouldn't take the bus there, as the winding roads in a bus aren't great for motion sickness. Bad enough in a car. .
I wouldn't mind trying to fit Verdon gorge in, but DH wouldn't even consider narrow mountain roads with a steep drop off, out of the question.
Is there a way to experience the gorge from the ground without climbing? Hope that's not too stupid a question!
Would it perhaps be better to stop along the way from Bedoin, leaving three nights in Nice, two full days?
Sorry, this sounds very disjointed with lots of questions! I'm waiting for my Michelin guide and maps to arrive, but can't wait to get started, I'm very excited and impatient today!
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WEBROOT @ Installation renewal CONTACT☎ 18006817208 Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Best Soft Ware Hotmail problems 1877:242:8594 Password Contact Tec*h
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 Quizz !
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 9 Iceland
- 10 Venice/Mestre
- 11 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 14 Our future trip to Greece
- 15 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 16 Russia in two weeks in December
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Christmas Day in Granada
- 19 car insurance italy
- 20 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 21 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 22 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Transylvania - June 2018
- 25 Italy Car Scam