We'll be leaving our apartment in Bedoin on Saturday, October 3, heading home from Nice on Wednesday, October 7, 12:30 pm flight.
Looking at the map, frankly there seem to be a lot of roads around Nice, and we don't want to end our trip frazzled, with the driver ready to strangle the navigator (me) or at the very least, tense and exhausted. I'm thinking maybe we should drop the car in Nice, wherever that might be, and take public transport.
We'll have three full days if we get to Nice Saturday:
One day in Nice,
One day bus or train to Eze, Juan les Pins, Villefranche sur mer. Is this doable in one day? Just starting to read the Hare with Amber Eyes, so would like to visit Ephrussis.
Third day, not sure. Ideas?
Alternative is to keep the car for one day for St. Paul de Vence, and environs.I wouldn't take the bus there, as the winding roads in a bus aren't great for motion sickness. Bad enough in a car. .
I wouldn't mind trying to fit Verdon gorge in, but DH wouldn't even consider narrow mountain roads with a steep drop off, out of the question.
Is there a way to experience the gorge from the ground without climbing? Hope that's not too stupid a question!
Would it perhaps be better to stop along the way from Bedoin, leaving three nights in Nice, two full days?
Sorry, this sounds very disjointed with lots of questions! I'm waiting for my Michelin guide and maps to arrive, but can't wait to get started, I'm very excited and impatient today!
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 4 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 5 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 6 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 8 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 9 Shorts in South of France?
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 13 Camogli and surrounds
- 14 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 15 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 16 Route des Vins
- 17 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 18 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 19 Les Invalides Night Show
- 20 base for Andalucia
- 21 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 22 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 23 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 24 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary