We'll be leaving our apartment in Bedoin on Saturday, October 3, heading home from Nice on Wednesday, October 7, 12:30 pm flight.
Looking at the map, frankly there seem to be a lot of roads around Nice, and we don't want to end our trip frazzled, with the driver ready to strangle the navigator (me) or at the very least, tense and exhausted. I'm thinking maybe we should drop the car in Nice, wherever that might be, and take public transport.
We'll have three full days if we get to Nice Saturday:
One day in Nice,
One day bus or train to Eze, Juan les Pins, Villefranche sur mer. Is this doable in one day? Just starting to read the Hare with Amber Eyes, so would like to visit Ephrussis.
Third day, not sure. Ideas?
Alternative is to keep the car for one day for St. Paul de Vence, and environs.I wouldn't take the bus there, as the winding roads in a bus aren't great for motion sickness. Bad enough in a car. .
I wouldn't mind trying to fit Verdon gorge in, but DH wouldn't even consider narrow mountain roads with a steep drop off, out of the question.
Is there a way to experience the gorge from the ground without climbing? Hope that's not too stupid a question!
Would it perhaps be better to stop along the way from Bedoin, leaving three nights in Nice, two full days?
Sorry, this sounds very disjointed with lots of questions! I'm waiting for my Michelin guide and maps to arrive, but can't wait to get started, I'm very excited and impatient today!
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 4 France, UK and Ireland
- 5 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 6 French theater in Paris
- 7 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 8 Lyon
- 9 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 10 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Italian lakes
- 13 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 14 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 15 What do after Bernia Express?
- 16 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 17 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 22 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 25 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back