We'll be leaving our apartment in Bedoin on Saturday, October 3, heading home from Nice on Wednesday, October 7, 12:30 pm flight.
Looking at the map, frankly there seem to be a lot of roads around Nice, and we don't want to end our trip frazzled, with the driver ready to strangle the navigator (me) or at the very least, tense and exhausted. I'm thinking maybe we should drop the car in Nice, wherever that might be, and take public transport.
We'll have three full days if we get to Nice Saturday:
One day in Nice,
One day bus or train to Eze, Juan les Pins, Villefranche sur mer. Is this doable in one day? Just starting to read the Hare with Amber Eyes, so would like to visit Ephrussis.
Third day, not sure. Ideas?
Alternative is to keep the car for one day for St. Paul de Vence, and environs.I wouldn't take the bus there, as the winding roads in a bus aren't great for motion sickness. Bad enough in a car. .
I wouldn't mind trying to fit Verdon gorge in, but DH wouldn't even consider narrow mountain roads with a steep drop off, out of the question.
Is there a way to experience the gorge from the ground without climbing? Hope that's not too stupid a question!
Would it perhaps be better to stop along the way from Bedoin, leaving three nights in Nice, two full days?
Sorry, this sounds very disjointed with lots of questions! I'm waiting for my Michelin guide and maps to arrive, but can't wait to get started, I'm very excited and impatient today!
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acropolis Athens
- 2 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 3 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 6 Train help for Prague
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 Versailles
- 10 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 11 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 driving from prague to salzburg
- 14 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 15 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 16 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 17 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 20 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 21 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 22 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 23 Meteora for older folk
- 24 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 25 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...