We'll be leaving our apartment in Bedoin on Saturday, October 3, heading home from Nice on Wednesday, October 7, 12:30 pm flight.
Looking at the map, frankly there seem to be a lot of roads around Nice, and we don't want to end our trip frazzled, with the driver ready to strangle the navigator (me) or at the very least, tense and exhausted. I'm thinking maybe we should drop the car in Nice, wherever that might be, and take public transport.
We'll have three full days if we get to Nice Saturday:
One day in Nice,
One day bus or train to Eze, Juan les Pins, Villefranche sur mer. Is this doable in one day? Just starting to read the Hare with Amber Eyes, so would like to visit Ephrussis.
Third day, not sure. Ideas?
Alternative is to keep the car for one day for St. Paul de Vence, and environs.I wouldn't take the bus there, as the winding roads in a bus aren't great for motion sickness. Bad enough in a car. .
I wouldn't mind trying to fit Verdon gorge in, but DH wouldn't even consider narrow mountain roads with a steep drop off, out of the question.
Is there a way to experience the gorge from the ground without climbing? Hope that's not too stupid a question!
Would it perhaps be better to stop along the way from Bedoin, leaving three nights in Nice, two full days?
Sorry, this sounds very disjointed with lots of questions! I'm waiting for my Michelin guide and maps to arrive, but can't wait to get started, I'm very excited and impatient today!
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼바카라도박
- 2 바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼클락바카라
- 3 뉴베가스카지노▲▲◎◆◆NOLZA007。ＣＯM▲▲◎◆◆세븐카지노
- 4 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 5 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 6 Best of Norway
- 7 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 10 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 11 Train up the Jungfrau
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Charming areas to explore in London
- 14 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 15 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 18 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 19 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 20 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 21 Barcelona plus Montserrat plus Costa Brava plus San Sebastian in 9 days?
- 22 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 23 Prague End of May
- 24 Scandinavia itinerary (with St. Petersburg) review please
- 25 Help with Transportation Options in London