We'll be leaving our apartment in Bedoin on Saturday, October 3, heading home from Nice on Wednesday, October 7, 12:30 pm flight.
Looking at the map, frankly there seem to be a lot of roads around Nice, and we don't want to end our trip frazzled, with the driver ready to strangle the navigator (me) or at the very least, tense and exhausted. I'm thinking maybe we should drop the car in Nice, wherever that might be, and take public transport.
We'll have three full days if we get to Nice Saturday:
One day in Nice,
One day bus or train to Eze, Juan les Pins, Villefranche sur mer. Is this doable in one day? Just starting to read the Hare with Amber Eyes, so would like to visit Ephrussis.
Third day, not sure. Ideas?
Alternative is to keep the car for one day for St. Paul de Vence, and environs.I wouldn't take the bus there, as the winding roads in a bus aren't great for motion sickness. Bad enough in a car. .
I wouldn't mind trying to fit Verdon gorge in, but DH wouldn't even consider narrow mountain roads with a steep drop off, out of the question.
Is there a way to experience the gorge from the ground without climbing? Hope that's not too stupid a question!
Would it perhaps be better to stop along the way from Bedoin, leaving three nights in Nice, two full days?
Sorry, this sounds very disjointed with lots of questions! I'm waiting for my Michelin guide and maps to arrive, but can't wait to get started, I'm very excited and impatient today!
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now to Madrid
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Chania
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 21 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 22 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 23 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?