I am planning my first trip to Scotland and England and would like to get your thoughts please. We are a couple in our 40s and have visited other parts of Europe extensively. My husband is a good/ experienced driver for long distance and drove often in France. We will rent a car from Edinburgh.
I know our plan is quite packed due to time limitation but we hope to enjoy the scenery.
Day 1 Arrive in Edinburgh (4pm)
Day 2 Explore Edinburgh
Day 3 Drive to Isle of Skye via Stirling (visit Castle&Wallace Moment/ Stirling Castle)
Stay in Portree
Day 4 Day trips in Skye
Stay in Portree
Day 5 Leave Portree to Lakes District (via fort William, Glencoe, Loch Lomond) lunch@ Fort William
Stay at Keswick
Day 6 Explore Lake District
Heading to Oxford
Day 7 Explore Oxford
Day 8 Visit Stonehenge, lunch at Salisbury
Stay in London
Day 9-10 London
Day 11 fly out
I am not quite sure about my Day5 if it's too much and if we will have a few hours to enjoy Loch Lomond. I can alter my itinerary to other suggested stopovers as long as it fits in the timeframe.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 4 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 5 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 6 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 10 Italy for Christmas Week
- 11 train or plane
- 12 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 15 Norway Itinerary
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 19 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 20 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 21 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 22 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 23 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 24 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 25 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa