I am planning my first trip to Scotland and England and would like to get your thoughts please. We are a couple in our 40s and have visited other parts of Europe extensively. My husband is a good/ experienced driver for long distance and drove often in France. We will rent a car from Edinburgh.
I know our plan is quite packed due to time limitation but we hope to enjoy the scenery.
Day 1 Arrive in Edinburgh (4pm)
Day 2 Explore Edinburgh
Day 3 Drive to Isle of Skye via Stirling (visit Castle&Wallace Moment/ Stirling Castle)
Stay in Portree
Day 4 Day trips in Skye
Stay in Portree
Day 5 Leave Portree to Lakes District (via fort William, Glencoe, Loch Lomond) lunch@ Fort William
Stay at Keswick
Day 6 Explore Lake District
Heading to Oxford
Day 7 Explore Oxford
Day 8 Visit Stonehenge, lunch at Salisbury
Stay in London
Day 9-10 London
Day 11 fly out
I am not quite sure about my Day5 if it's too much and if we will have a few hours to enjoy Loch Lomond. I can alter my itinerary to other suggested stopovers as long as it fits in the timeframe.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 2 Need Information about French Alps
- 3 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 4 Trip to Rome
- 5 Best Indian Food
- 6 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 7 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 8 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 9 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 10 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 11 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 14 Piedmont as a destination
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 dinner jackets
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing