Our family of four (ages 50s and 20s) will be travelling to Europe for the first time this year from Australia. This is our itinerary so far:
London: 4 nights (15-19 May)
Paris: 5 nights (19-24 May)
Amalfi Coast: 7 nights (24-31 May)
Rome: 4 nights (31 May - 4 June)
Florence: 5 nights (4-9 June)
Wengen: 13 nights (9-22 June)
Lucerne: 2 nights (22-24 June)
?????? 4-6 nights
We have booked accommodation for parts of our trip, however these are all still flexible, so feel free to make any comments or suggestions.
My main issue is that we still have 4-6 spare nights after Lucerne (although we can still fit them anywhere), and we are having much trouble deciding where we should spend them (possibly in 2 places?).
Ideas include: Black Forest in Germany, Hallstatt in Austria, French Riviera, Zermatt in Switzerland, Vienna any others? We are afraid that anywhere after Switzerland will simply pale in comparison to the sheer beauty of Switzerland!
Feel free to make any comments about our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas