Our family of four (ages 50s and 20s) will be travelling to Europe for the first time this year from Australia. This is our itinerary so far:
London: 4 nights (15-19 May)
Paris: 5 nights (19-24 May)
Amalfi Coast: 7 nights (24-31 May)
Rome: 4 nights (31 May - 4 June)
Florence: 5 nights (4-9 June)
Wengen: 13 nights (9-22 June)
Lucerne: 2 nights (22-24 June)
?????? 4-6 nights
We have booked accommodation for parts of our trip, however these are all still flexible, so feel free to make any comments or suggestions.
My main issue is that we still have 4-6 spare nights after Lucerne (although we can still fit them anywhere), and we are having much trouble deciding where we should spend them (possibly in 2 places?).
Ideas include: Black Forest in Germany, Hallstatt in Austria, French Riviera, Zermatt in Switzerland, Vienna any others? We are afraid that anywhere after Switzerland will simply pale in comparison to the sheer beauty of Switzerland!
Feel free to make any comments about our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 2 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 3 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 4 Vatican tour
- 5 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 6 Day in Capri
- 7 alcazar question and seville advice
- 8 TSA Precheck
- 9 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Paris travel help
- 14 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 15 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 18 Rome hotel
- 19 Villa in Italy
- 20 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 21 Help me make this possible!
- 22 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 25 One night in the Dolomites