perhaps you can help me for my first trip to Europe this coming month of June.
i have read and looked for some information on a few different website for the train. however, to be honest with you i got very confused and not so sure which one is the best one for my route below (get the passes / direct ticket purchase at the station / any other method?):
1. Day train Berlin - Prague.
2. Day train Prague - Vienna
3. Day train Lucerne - Milan (Intercity Trains)
4. Train transport in Italy after a few days stay at each town (Milan - Venice - Florence - Rome)
I heard the above train trip no. 1, 2 & 3 offers a very scenic view, especially the Intercity Train for Lucern - Milan route. What is the earliest departure time for these trains?
I was thinking to take the sleeper (night) train for Amsterdam - Berlin, but then I learned that the schedule will take me to arrive in Berlin at around 4am and there is no later scheduled train (example: 11pm depart, arrive at approx 7am, etc..) . Is this correct? would it be better for me to take the plane instead?
For the route of Stockholm - Amsterdam and Viena - Zurich, I will take the plane.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sachsenhausen?
- 2 Rome to Positano
- 3 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 6 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 7 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 8 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 9 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 10 Amalfi Coast + Croatia Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 12 Poland in September
- 13 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 14 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 15 Hotel advice
- 16 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 17 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 18 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 19 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 20 Taormina, Sicily
- 21 River Boat Cruise
- 22 Croatia travel ideas
- 23 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 24 house exchange
- 25 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central