perhaps you can help me for my first trip to Europe this coming month of June.
i have read and looked for some information on a few different website for the train. however, to be honest with you i got very confused and not so sure which one is the best one for my route below (get the passes / direct ticket purchase at the station / any other method?):
1. Day train Berlin - Prague.
2. Day train Prague - Vienna
3. Day train Lucerne - Milan (Intercity Trains)
4. Train transport in Italy after a few days stay at each town (Milan - Venice - Florence - Rome)
I heard the above train trip no. 1, 2 & 3 offers a very scenic view, especially the Intercity Train for Lucern - Milan route. What is the earliest departure time for these trains?
I was thinking to take the sleeper (night) train for Amsterdam - Berlin, but then I learned that the schedule will take me to arrive in Berlin at around 4am and there is no later scheduled train (example: 11pm depart, arrive at approx 7am, etc..) . Is this correct? would it be better for me to take the plane instead?
For the route of Stockholm - Amsterdam and Viena - Zurich, I will take the plane.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 2 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 3 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 4 3 days with a Swindon base
- 5 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 6 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 7 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 8 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 9 Major quake in central Itay
- 10 One quick week -- where in France?
- 11 French lavender and cottages
- 12 Brugge or Ghent?
- 13 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 14 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 15 Portugal First Timers, 3 Q's
- 16 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 17 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 18 Budapest on a budget
- 19 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 20 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 21 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 24 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...
- 25 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London