perhaps you can help me for my first trip to Europe this coming month of June.
i have read and looked for some information on a few different website for the train. however, to be honest with you i got very confused and not so sure which one is the best one for my route below (get the passes / direct ticket purchase at the station / any other method?):
1. Day train Berlin - Prague.
2. Day train Prague - Vienna
3. Day train Lucerne - Milan (Intercity Trains)
4. Train transport in Italy after a few days stay at each town (Milan - Venice - Florence - Rome)
I heard the above train trip no. 1, 2 & 3 offers a very scenic view, especially the Intercity Train for Lucern - Milan route. What is the earliest departure time for these trains?
I was thinking to take the sleeper (night) train for Amsterdam - Berlin, but then I learned that the schedule will take me to arrive in Berlin at around 4am and there is no later scheduled train (example: 11pm depart, arrive at approx 7am, etc..) . Is this correct? would it be better for me to take the plane instead?
For the route of Stockholm - Amsterdam and Viena - Zurich, I will take the plane.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 4 Switzerland
- 5 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 6 Visiting Zurich
- 7 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 8 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 9 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 10 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 11 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 12 Paris to Bordeaux
- 13 Iceland 3 day layover
- 14 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 15 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 16 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 17 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 18 Train travel
- 19 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 20 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 21 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 22 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 23 DVD burning software
- 24 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 25 Central London indoor swimming locations