perhaps you can help me for my first trip to Europe this coming month of June.
i have read and looked for some information on a few different website for the train. however, to be honest with you i got very confused and not so sure which one is the best one for my route below (get the passes / direct ticket purchase at the station / any other method?):
1. Day train Berlin - Prague.
2. Day train Prague - Vienna
3. Day train Lucerne - Milan (Intercity Trains)
4. Train transport in Italy after a few days stay at each town (Milan - Venice - Florence - Rome)
I heard the above train trip no. 1, 2 & 3 offers a very scenic view, especially the Intercity Train for Lucern - Milan route. What is the earliest departure time for these trains?
I was thinking to take the sleeper (night) train for Amsterdam - Berlin, but then I learned that the schedule will take me to arrive in Berlin at around 4am and there is no later scheduled train (example: 11pm depart, arrive at approx 7am, etc..) . Is this correct? would it be better for me to take the plane instead?
For the route of Stockholm - Amsterdam and Viena - Zurich, I will take the plane.
please advise. transportation (flight / train) in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 2 Rentals car in Italy: FAQ
- 3 Fine with a rental car in Italy
- 4 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 5 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 6 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 7 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 8 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 9 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 10 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 11 going to italy
- 12 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 13 How do you find French food?
- 14 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 15 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 18 where to stay in Germany
- 19 Iceland for 2.5 weeks till mid october : Advice please
- 20 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 21 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 22 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 23 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 24 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 25 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report