perhaps you can help me for my first trip to Europe this coming month of June.
i have read and looked for some information on a few different website for the train. however, to be honest with you i got very confused and not so sure which one is the best one for my route below (get the passes / direct ticket purchase at the station / any other method?):
1. Day train Berlin - Prague.
2. Day train Prague - Vienna
3. Day train Lucerne - Milan (Intercity Trains)
4. Train transport in Italy after a few days stay at each town (Milan - Venice - Florence - Rome)
I heard the above train trip no. 1, 2 & 3 offers a very scenic view, especially the Intercity Train for Lucern - Milan route. What is the earliest departure time for these trains?
I was thinking to take the sleeper (night) train for Amsterdam - Berlin, but then I learned that the schedule will take me to arrive in Berlin at around 4am and there is no later scheduled train (example: 11pm depart, arrive at approx 7am, etc..) . Is this correct? would it be better for me to take the plane instead?
For the route of Stockholm - Amsterdam and Viena - Zurich, I will take the plane.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 4 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 PARIS
- 7 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 8 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 9 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 10 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 11 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 12 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 13 Airline to Rome
- 14 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 15 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 16 Alitala
- 17 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 18 Stu Tower
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 First Solo Adventure
- 21 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 22 Trains in Italy
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 25 Dublin Luggage storage