perhaps you can help me for my first trip to Europe this coming month of June.
i have read and looked for some information on a few different website for the train. however, to be honest with you i got very confused and not so sure which one is the best one for my route below (get the passes / direct ticket purchase at the station / any other method?):
1. Day train Berlin - Prague.
2. Day train Prague - Vienna
3. Day train Lucerne - Milan (Intercity Trains)
4. Train transport in Italy after a few days stay at each town (Milan - Venice - Florence - Rome)
I heard the above train trip no. 1, 2 & 3 offers a very scenic view, especially the Intercity Train for Lucern - Milan route. What is the earliest departure time for these trains?
I was thinking to take the sleeper (night) train for Amsterdam - Berlin, but then I learned that the schedule will take me to arrive in Berlin at around 4am and there is no later scheduled train (example: 11pm depart, arrive at approx 7am, etc..) . Is this correct? would it be better for me to take the plane instead?
For the route of Stockholm - Amsterdam and Viena - Zurich, I will take the plane.
please advise. transportation (flight / train) in Europe
- 1 Istanbul Hotels
- 2 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 3 Venice - getting to see inside the Arsenale.
- 4 Backpacking through Europe
- 5 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 6 Connection in Newark EWR
- 7 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 8 Help with itinerary going north from Dublin in early Sept.
- 9 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 10 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 11 Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- 12 York Food and Drink Festival
- 13 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 14 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 15 going to cambridge in the summer on a saturday
- 16 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 17 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 18 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 19 First Trip to Europe - 12 days for Amsterdam and Germany
- 20 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 21 Paris Recommendations
- 22 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 23 2 weeks of travel starting in Paris
- 24 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 25 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary