I am starting to work out a rough itinerary for our 6 nights in Paris at end of June.
We are staying in an apartment on Ile St Louis. We are keen to do lots of walking and exploring and obviously the main sights. Less museums. We saw quite a few museums when we visited Italy 2 years ago and the days the kids remember most are the days we actually did things and visited sights, not so much museums. Kids ages now are 15,12 and 10.
Here are my initial plans:
Thursday - arrive afternoon. Just explore local area.
Friday - Ile de la Cite, Notre Dame, St Chapelle, Seine boat tour and walking along the Seine, sticking close the the islands.
Saturday - Walking around Latin Quarter, visiting Jardin du Luxembourg, Pantheon and perhaps going into St Germain and visiting St Sulpice. Use Metro and visit Rodin museum.
Sunday - Montmarte in morning. Canal St Martin in afternoon. Maybe do a boat tour and let the kids see what the locks are all about
Monday - Start off in Jardin De Tuileries, visit Musee de l Orangerie, Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe
Tuesday - Eiffel Tower, Champ de Mars, maybe Trocadero and walk around Hotel des Invalides area.
We leave the next day. Now there is stacks I haven't put in. The Louvre, Bastille, Marais area etc.
What would you add, subtract to my initial plans. Would love your thoughts and advice
please. I am using the Michelin green guide for the walking tours along the Seine and through Latin Quarter etc. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Revised itinerary for italy
- 3 Amalfi Coast help
- 4 Paris Metro
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 A good book!!
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 16 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 17 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 18 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 24 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 25 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal