I am starting to work out a rough itinerary for our 6 nights in Paris at end of June.
We are staying in an apartment on Ile St Louis. We are keen to do lots of walking and exploring and obviously the main sights. Less museums. We saw quite a few museums when we visited Italy 2 years ago and the days the kids remember most are the days we actually did things and visited sights, not so much museums. Kids ages now are 15,12 and 10.
Here are my initial plans:
Thursday - arrive afternoon. Just explore local area.
Friday - Ile de la Cite, Notre Dame, St Chapelle, Seine boat tour and walking along the Seine, sticking close the the islands.
Saturday - Walking around Latin Quarter, visiting Jardin du Luxembourg, Pantheon and perhaps going into St Germain and visiting St Sulpice. Use Metro and visit Rodin museum.
Sunday - Montmarte in morning. Canal St Martin in afternoon. Maybe do a boat tour and let the kids see what the locks are all about
Monday - Start off in Jardin De Tuileries, visit Musee de l Orangerie, Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe
Tuesday - Eiffel Tower, Champ de Mars, maybe Trocadero and walk around Hotel des Invalides area.
We leave the next day. Now there is stacks I haven't put in. The Louvre, Bastille, Marais area etc.
What would you add, subtract to my initial plans. Would love your thoughts and advice
please. I am using the Michelin green guide for the walking tours along the Seine and through Latin Quarter etc. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://alphajackedhelp.com/instashred-prime-labs/
- 2 Tieks for travel
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Tracking the Weather
- 7 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 8 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 9 Where to eat in Rome?
- 10 Thinking about the Fjords
- 11 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 12 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 13 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 14 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Italy travel plan help
- 17 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 18 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 19 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Alsace to Austria?
- 22 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 23 Budapest language lessons
- 24 Tours in Wales
- 25 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?