I am starting to work out a rough itinerary for our 6 nights in Paris at end of June.
We are staying in an apartment on Ile St Louis. We are keen to do lots of walking and exploring and obviously the main sights. Less museums. We saw quite a few museums when we visited Italy 2 years ago and the days the kids remember most are the days we actually did things and visited sights, not so much museums. Kids ages now are 15,12 and 10.
Here are my initial plans:
Thursday - arrive afternoon. Just explore local area.
Friday - Ile de la Cite, Notre Dame, St Chapelle, Seine boat tour and walking along the Seine, sticking close the the islands.
Saturday - Walking around Latin Quarter, visiting Jardin du Luxembourg, Pantheon and perhaps going into St Germain and visiting St Sulpice. Use Metro and visit Rodin museum.
Sunday - Montmarte in morning. Canal St Martin in afternoon. Maybe do a boat tour and let the kids see what the locks are all about
Monday - Start off in Jardin De Tuileries, visit Musee de l Orangerie, Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe
Tuesday - Eiffel Tower, Champ de Mars, maybe Trocadero and walk around Hotel des Invalides area.
We leave the next day. Now there is stacks I haven't put in. The Louvre, Bastille, Marais area etc.
What would you add, subtract to my initial plans. Would love your thoughts and advice
please. I am using the Michelin green guide for the walking tours along the Seine and through Latin Quarter etc. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 테크노카지노사이트＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생방송카지노”생방송바카라
- 2 카지노카페＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼아시안카지노＼카지노사이트
- 3 엘로우게임＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼슈퍼카지노◀엠카지노
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 K-Day
- 6 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 10 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 11 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 15 Cell Phone Question
- 16 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 22 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Campervan in Croatia