I am starting to work out a rough itinerary for our 6 nights in Paris at end of June.
We are staying in an apartment on Ile St Louis. We are keen to do lots of walking and exploring and obviously the main sights. Less museums. We saw quite a few museums when we visited Italy 2 years ago and the days the kids remember most are the days we actually did things and visited sights, not so much museums. Kids ages now are 15,12 and 10.
Here are my initial plans:
Thursday - arrive afternoon. Just explore local area.
Friday - Ile de la Cite, Notre Dame, St Chapelle, Seine boat tour and walking along the Seine, sticking close the the islands.
Saturday - Walking around Latin Quarter, visiting Jardin du Luxembourg, Pantheon and perhaps going into St Germain and visiting St Sulpice. Use Metro and visit Rodin museum.
Sunday - Montmarte in morning. Canal St Martin in afternoon. Maybe do a boat tour and let the kids see what the locks are all about
Monday - Start off in Jardin De Tuileries, visit Musee de l Orangerie, Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe
Tuesday - Eiffel Tower, Champ de Mars, maybe Trocadero and walk around Hotel des Invalides area.
We leave the next day. Now there is stacks I haven't put in. The Louvre, Bastille, Marais area etc.
What would you add, subtract to my initial plans. Would love your thoughts and advice
please. I am using the Michelin green guide for the walking tours along the Seine and through Latin Quarter etc. Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 2 Dog friendly hotels
- 3 Vacation
- 4 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 5 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 6 Cambridge in May
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Self drive tour companies
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Madrid/Lisbon
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 17 Day trips around Vienna
- 18 Greek fuel cost
- 19 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 20 Killarney
- 21 Walking itinerary in England?
- 22 First time in Bulgaria
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada