Hi fodors mates,
Thank you for willing to click into this topic to help me to review my itinerary.
I am going to bring my family to visit a few cities in Italy and France but i haven't made the final decision on the cities to visit.
As a start, we will reach Bologna on 13/8/2013 and will leave from Paris to Dublin on 25/8/2013 but the itinerary between the two cities are still empty.
This is my rough plan:
Bologna: 3 nights (13th-15th) - trying out the local food and visit around
Verona: 3 nights (16th-18th) - a day trip to Venice and/ or another village around. (I think it might be cheaper to stay in Verona and day trip to Venice)
Milan: 3 nights (19th-21st) - shopping a day in the outlet and visit the city
Paris: 3 nights (22nd-24th) - try out the French food and visit the city
I listed those cities as i am not familiar with the locals and I thought it might be more convenient and cheaper (maybe) in overall to stay there. I wish i could visit Rome but it was way too South and i'm afraid the journey will be too tiring for my parents
I planned to travel inter-cities with trains in Italy and fly to Paris from Milan. We are planning to spend 20-30 euros per night for accommodation though some very cheap hostels are available but i hope my parents will not have to squeeze with too much people in a hostel.
Could you please advise me on whether the plan is feasible and if there is any way to cut down the budget as we are travelling in a family of 4 people.
I am very grateful for your positive feedback and advice and i wish you will have a wonderful summer too
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
Hi fodors mates,