Hi fodors mates,
Thank you for willing to click into this topic to help me to review my itinerary.
I am going to bring my family to visit a few cities in Italy and France but i haven't made the final decision on the cities to visit.
As a start, we will reach Bologna on 13/8/2013 and will leave from Paris to Dublin on 25/8/2013 but the itinerary between the two cities are still empty.
This is my rough plan:
Bologna: 3 nights (13th-15th) - trying out the local food and visit around
Verona: 3 nights (16th-18th) - a day trip to Venice and/ or another village around. (I think it might be cheaper to stay in Verona and day trip to Venice)
Milan: 3 nights (19th-21st) - shopping a day in the outlet and visit the city
Paris: 3 nights (22nd-24th) - try out the French food and visit the city
I listed those cities as i am not familiar with the locals and I thought it might be more convenient and cheaper (maybe) in overall to stay there. I wish i could visit Rome but it was way too South and i'm afraid the journey will be too tiring for my parents
I planned to travel inter-cities with trains in Italy and fly to Paris from Milan. We are planning to spend 20-30 euros per night for accommodation though some very cheap hostels are available but i hope my parents will not have to squeeze with too much people in a hostel.
Could you please advise me on whether the plan is feasible and if there is any way to cut down the budget as we are travelling in a family of 4 people.
I am very grateful for your positive feedback and advice and i wish you will have a wonderful summer too
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 2 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 3 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 4 Hilton CPH no loner
- 5 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 6 travel around Spain
- 7 Scotland Trip Report
- 8 French Wedding
- 9 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 10 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 11 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 12 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 13 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 14 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 15 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 16 Wedding in Finland
- 17 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 18 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 19 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 20 Cornwall UK
- 21 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 22 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 23 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 24 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 25 I may be wrong....
Hi fodors mates,