Hi fodors mates,
Thank you for willing to click into this topic to help me to review my itinerary.
I am going to bring my family to visit a few cities in Italy and France but i haven't made the final decision on the cities to visit.
As a start, we will reach Bologna on 13/8/2013 and will leave from Paris to Dublin on 25/8/2013 but the itinerary between the two cities are still empty.
This is my rough plan:
Bologna: 3 nights (13th-15th) - trying out the local food and visit around
Verona: 3 nights (16th-18th) - a day trip to Venice and/ or another village around. (I think it might be cheaper to stay in Verona and day trip to Venice)
Milan: 3 nights (19th-21st) - shopping a day in the outlet and visit the city
Paris: 3 nights (22nd-24th) - try out the French food and visit the city
I listed those cities as i am not familiar with the locals and I thought it might be more convenient and cheaper (maybe) in overall to stay there. I wish i could visit Rome but it was way too South and i'm afraid the journey will be too tiring for my parents
I planned to travel inter-cities with trains in Italy and fly to Paris from Milan. We are planning to spend 20-30 euros per night for accommodation though some very cheap hostels are available but i hope my parents will not have to squeeze with too much people in a hostel.
Could you please advise me on whether the plan is feasible and if there is any way to cut down the budget as we are travelling in a family of 4 people.
I am very grateful for your positive feedback and advice and i wish you will have a wonderful summer too
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 2 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 3 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 4 Vatican tour
- 5 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 6 Day in Capri
- 7 alcazar question and seville advice
- 8 TSA Precheck
- 9 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Paris travel help
- 14 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 15 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 18 Rome hotel
- 19 Villa in Italy
- 20 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 21 Help me make this possible!
- 22 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 25 One night in the Dolomites
Hi fodors mates,