I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Itinerary
- 2 European Championship
- 3 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 4 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 7 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 8 Amsterdam vs. France
- 9 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 10 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 11 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 12 Ireland ToDo
- 13 1 week in Malaga
- 14 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 15 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 16 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 17 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 18 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 19 Berlin / Cologne / Rothenburg / Neuschwanstein
- 20 Norway Itinerary
- 21 Two weeks in Athens and Cyclades
- 22 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 23 Amsterdam Hotel
- 24 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 25 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...