I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in salzburg
- 2 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 4 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 5 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 6 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 7 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 8 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 9 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 10 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 11 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 12 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 13 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 14 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 15 Italy through locals eyes
- 16 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 17 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 18 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 19 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 20 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 21 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 22 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 23 Advice please...
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 Paris in black and white