I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 2 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 3 Purse week?
- 4 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 5 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 6 Looking for add on city
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 9 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 10 Shoes for Paris in April
- 11 men's shoes spain
- 12 Would you take a Vera Bradley Hipster purse to London and Paris
- 13 Know of any good leather store to buy purse in Rome??
- 14 The perfect purse in Europe
- 15 I never carry a purse when traveling
- 16 Please help me find an attractive travel purse
- 17 Privy Purse Office - Buckingham Palace - signing guest book???
- 18 Purse substitute
- 19 Best purse/messenger bag to bring while travelling
- 20 Need Anti-pickpocket purse recommendations
- 21 Purse
- 22 Where do you put your purse in a restaurant?
- 23 Now it's the French worrying about purse snatching here!
- 24 Paris Purse shopping
- 25 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.