I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 2 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 3 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 4 The Best beach in Europe
- 5 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 6 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 7 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 8 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 9 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 10 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 11 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 12 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 13 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 14 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 15 Northern Spain
- 16 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 17 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 18 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 19 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 20 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 21 explore Italy on a budget
- 22 Itenerary Opinion
- 23 Transportation
- 24 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 25 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated