I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 Where to rent a car in Barcelona
- 4 Luggage sizing
- 5 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 6 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 7 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 8 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 9 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 10 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 11 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 12 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 13 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 14 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 15 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 16 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 17 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 18 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 19 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 20 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 21 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 22 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 23 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 24 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 25 Wheelie Suitcases Ban