I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
- 1 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Berlin
- 4 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 5 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 6 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 7 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 8 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 11 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 12 How early to get to CDG
- 13 Venice in Jan
- 14 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 15 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 16 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 17 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 20 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 21 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 23 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 24 Prague Main Train Station
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins