I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way to see Croatia?
- 2 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 3 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 4 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 5 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 6 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 7 Help with Colmar on Rhine cruise
- 8 Switzerland in April
- 9 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 10 Inexpensive Gifts to Bring Back
- 11 Hotel for stay in Montpellier
- 12 Montpellier to Arles
- 13 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 14 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 15 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 16 Berlin to Barcelona
- 17 Flat iron/hair straightener purchase Paris
- 18 Vienna to Bratislava
- 19 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 20 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 21 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 22 Venice at Christmas
- 23 Bayeux and environs
- 24 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 25 Rome For 2 days