I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Itinerary (4 Days)
- 2 Good food deals in Spain
- 3 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 4 Europe trip - WITH 3 kids. Help!
- 5 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 6 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 7 using airbnb for the first time...
- 8 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 9 Madrid: City Views
- 10 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 11 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 12 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 13 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 14 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 15 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 16 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 17 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 18 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 19 How to make this adventure work?
- 20 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 21 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 22 dining in Brussels
- 23 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 24 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 25 5 days in Bremen for a conference