I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
- 1 Am I too fat too travel?
- 2 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 3 Paris museums free admission
- 4 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 5 Escaping Crowds in la Costiera and Cilento...and a brief fling with Naples.
- 6 Italian train question
- 7 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 8 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 9 Best area to stay in Rome
- 10 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 11 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 12 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 13 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 14 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 15 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 16 Do and don't, eating in France
- 17 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 18 Getting the best our of Europe
- 19 Rome apartment
- 20 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 21 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 22 Yet another train question......
- 23 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 24 london travelcrard
- 25 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????