I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Months in Europe
- 2 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 3 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 4 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 5 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 6 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 7 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 8 Help with Summer 2015 Trip to Italy
- 9 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 10 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 11 Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
- 12 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 13 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 14 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 15 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 16 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 17 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 18 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 19 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 20 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 21 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 22 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 23 Airbnb scam
- 24 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 25 Which is a better hotel location in Rome