I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Need help with itinerary
- 3 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 4 How much luggage?????
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 Paris Marais, Montmartre and fairies wheel
- 7 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 8 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 9 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 11 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 12 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 13 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 14 Terrorism in Europe
- 15 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 16 London GTG late September?
- 17 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 18 eateries in Puglia
- 19 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 20 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 21 100 years of French gratitude
- 22 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 23 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 24 Help with France itinerary
- 25 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata