I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 2 Naples or Genoa
- 3 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 4 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 5 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 6 Where to from Verona
- 7 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 8 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 9 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 10 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 11 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 12 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 13 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 14 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 15 Train passes
- 16 RENFE error message during payment
- 17 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 18 Munich-6 days in September
- 19 My First Trip to Europe...
- 20 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 21 Europe itinerary
- 22 Greece Experts
- 23 Europe itinerary review
- 24 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 25 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau