I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 4 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 K-Day
- 9 Greek Islands (small)
- 10 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 11 Spain in December
- 12 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 15 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 16 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 17 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 18 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 19 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 20 Lay over time
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 25 Croatia - Help on itinerary