I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 2 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 3 Private transportation
- 4 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 5 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 8 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 9 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 10 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 11 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 12 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 13 Global Travel Warning...
- 14 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 15 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 16 Paris Under Seige...
- 17 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 18 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 19 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 20 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 21 Advices about our itiniary
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 A week in Burgundy
- 24 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 25 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris