I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 2 Paris Metro Question
- 3 Taking wine home from France
- 4 Palace of the Popes
- 5 Hertz "exact model" rental Paris
- 6 October too late for the Italian lakes?
- 7 COBH to BUNRATTY TRAIN?
- 8 electrical adaptor plugs
- 9 buying Eruos in advance
- 10 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 11 Why should I go to Norway in Oct?
- 12 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 13 One Week France, Mid Oct, after Paris
- 14 Shannon airport to Galway
- 15 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 16 8 days in Ireland. Dublin to Shannon.
- 17 Traveling alone to France, Netherlands and Germany!
- 18 taxi at the CDG airport
- 19 Just a wedding in Sofia, Bulgary
- 20 Perugia Italy driving
- 21 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 22 Balkans Itinerary Part 2 - Extra Week
- 23 Burgundy beyond wine-france
- 24 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France
- 25 Beer trip around Belgium...anyone interested/got any advice?