I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 Portugal - Don't Miss!
- 4 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 5 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 6 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 7 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 8 England and Scotland
- 9 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 10 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 11 Athens/Istanbul March
- 12 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 15 Dublin to Armagh?
- 16 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 17 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 18 Gite and/or agritourism
- 19 Apartment for family trip to London
- 20 Prebook B&Bs
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 23 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 20 days in Germany