I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Italy - Could use some help!
- 2 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 5 Hotel in Istanbul
- 6 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 7 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 8 Mont St. Michele?
- 9 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 10 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 11 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 12 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 15 Best driving map for Greece?
- 16 Train from Monterosso to Padua
- 17 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 18 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 19 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 20 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 21 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 22 Paris Perfect Soap
- 23 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 24 Train tickets within Italy
- 25 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs