I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian / Donostia
- 2 scotland trave;
- 3 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 4 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 5 Travel to San Gimignano
- 6 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 7 Barcelona restaurants
- 8 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 9 London, then Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam or just London and Paris
- 10 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 11 Trains
- 12 Special holiday for hubby, daughter and me
- 13 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 14 Ferry from Istanbul to Greek Islands
- 15 Airb2b in Paris
- 16 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 17 Central Europe - 16 Days
- 18 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 19 Mama Mia…Sagrada Familia Question
- 20 Help. I can't seem to learn new languages at my age. English spoken in Prague, Vienna, and Frankfurt??
- 21 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 22 Munich accommodations
- 23 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 24 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 25 Barcelona Trip- sights? restaurants? day trips?