I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 2 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 3 Amsterdam hotels
- 4 Italy - best two central locations
- 5 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 6 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 7 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 8 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 9 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 10 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 11 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 12 Overnight Train Questions
- 13 Istanbul tour guides?
- 14 Flamenco Shows
- 15 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 16 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 17 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 18 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 19 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 20 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 21 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 22 Tour or independent
- 23 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 24 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 25 Vet my itinerary