I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 2 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 3 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 4 Budapest Hotels
- 5 First time in France
- 6 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 7 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 8 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 9 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 10 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 11 Portugal itinerary help
- 12 First Time Solo Travel info
- 13 Prague hotels
- 14 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 15 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 19 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 20 Munich
- 21 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 22 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 23 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 24 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th