I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 2 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 3 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 4 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 5 where to stay in Germany
- 6 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 7 Fine with a rental car in Italy
- 8 Rentals car in Italy: FAQ
- 9 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 10 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 11 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 12 going to italy
- 13 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 14 10 days in England
- 15 Help! Apartment near Parc de Passy or near Rue de Commerce!?
- 16 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 17 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 18 Ayasofya Hotel
- 19 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 20 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 21 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 22 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 23 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 24 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 25 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?