I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 2 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 3 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 4 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 5 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 6 Netherlands and others
- 7 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 8 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 9 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 10 Raining in rome
- 11 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 12 Italian Lakes
- 13 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 14 What's the most economical way to see Dublin and London?
- 15 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 16 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 17 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 18 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 19 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 20 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 21 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 22 Eleanor's Pages
- 23 3 weeks in Sicily
- 24 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 25 Visiting UK boyfriend