I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cash or plastic in Greece
- 2 Dublin transportation help
- 3 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 4 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 5 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 6 thermal hot springs near Cassis, France
- 7 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 8 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 9 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 10 Trip to London
- 11 Which site to use for hotel reservations: booking, priceline, travelocity?
- 12 PDX customs 4/28, Spokane, boyfriend in NE Portland,
- 13 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 14 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 15 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 16 Shopping in Paris
- 17 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 18 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 19 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 20 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 21 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 22 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 23 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 24 10 nights in France
- 25 Best Italian beach with teens