I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My First Trip to Europe...
- 2 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 3 Europe itinerary
- 4 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 5 European Travel in March
- 6 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 7 Europe itinerary review
- 8 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 9 Iceland in 4 days?
- 10 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 11 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 12 Munich-6 days in September
- 13 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 14 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 15 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 16 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 17 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 18 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 19 SIM card
- 20 Sixt insurance claim
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 23 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 24 Treck to drakolimni with children?
- 25 Iceland in 9 nights in late September