I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 와와카지노바카라사이트₪【 ┼ ＭＦＤ823.ＣＯＭ ┼】₪다시 만나기로 했다.
- 2 My summer in Paris
- 3 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 4 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 5 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 6 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 7 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 8 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 9 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 10 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 11 Sweden- and another thing
- 12 Vienna restaurants?
- 13 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 14 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 15 Amsterdam and beyond
- 16 Puglia and Matera
- 17 Alsace
- 18 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 19 November in Greece
- 20 Travel help laundary
- 21 Italian trains on Sunday
- 22 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 23 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 24 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 25 Fodor Forum Valuable