I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Planning visit to Kosice, Slovakia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 2 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 3 South of Switzerland
- 4 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 5 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 6 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 7 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 8 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 9 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 10 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 11 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 12 Home Base in Belgium
- 13 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 14 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 15 Rocamaxour
- 16 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 17 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 18 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 Itinerary for Spain
- 21 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 22 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 23 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 24 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 25 2 different itineraries