I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nerja Spain - camera shops?
- 2 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 3 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 4 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 5 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 6 Holland Itinerary
- 7 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 8 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 9 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 10 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 11 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 12 20 free days of Europe
- 13 I forgot my international driver permit
- 14 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 15 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 16 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 17 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 18 Iceland Trip Report
- 19 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 20 Rome Airport Question!
- 21 Portugal Walking Tour
- 22 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 23 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 24 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 25 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona