I am planning a trip in early 2012 for Prague and Kosice. I have never visited either city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in 1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me.
My plan, right now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice, before taking the train back to Prague.
I know, for sure, the one thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover, this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on foot.
I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations for other things to see or do. I will also need recommendations for an inexpensive place to stay in Kosice during this overnight visit. I am not expecting anyone to be able to speak English, so I will be working on some Czech/Slovak in the mean time.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 2 Help with itinerary
- 3 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 4 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 5 3 nights in Paris
- 6 1 day trip from Nice
- 7 Travel WiFi - France
- 8 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 9 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 10 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 11 Planning Advice!
- 12 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 13 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 14 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 15 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 16 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 17 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 18 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 Our European adventures
- 21 Walking Scotland
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 24 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 25 Were to stay near Lecce?