I already have all reservations made but one. I'm planning a trip from Rome to Venice and I don't really know how I want to go about doing thins except that I know I want to take a train and that I want to tour the canal on the gondola. I'm planning this trip in order to propose to my girlfriend and I knind of would like things to flow. I want to be able to get off the train and be near a part of the canal to where I can board, then travel to the end of the canal, depart somewhere to eat and board a train back to Rome. I'm on such a time hack because the day I plan on traveling to Venice, I have a 2pm check in with my next hotel so it kind of puts me on a time hack. I know the train ride is 3 hrs and 45 mins so I'll want to leave by 3pm and get there 645 pm. Leaving an hour to travel the canal, pop the question, eat with some wine and doard the train back to Rome. Can anybody give me advice on how to plot where I'll depart and where I'll board trains and the canal. I know the canal ends by Venezia S Lucia so would it be better to drop off at Venezia Mestre and depart on a canal from there?
Planning Trip From Rome to Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 2 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 3 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 4 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 5 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 6 Good times in Munich, the city
- 7 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 8 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 9 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 10 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 11 Lake Como transportation questions
- 12 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 13 history museums or locations
- 14 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 15 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 16 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 17 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 18 By train to and out of Prague
- 19 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 20 Cylades Island Hopping
- 21 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 22 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 23 Italy dolomites
- 24 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 25 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report