I already have all reservations made but one. I'm planning a trip from Rome to Venice and I don't really know how I want to go about doing thins except that I know I want to take a train and that I want to tour the canal on the gondola. I'm planning this trip in order to propose to my girlfriend and I knind of would like things to flow. I want to be able to get off the train and be near a part of the canal to where I can board, then travel to the end of the canal, depart somewhere to eat and board a train back to Rome. I'm on such a time hack because the day I plan on traveling to Venice, I have a 2pm check in with my next hotel so it kind of puts me on a time hack. I know the train ride is 3 hrs and 45 mins so I'll want to leave by 3pm and get there 645 pm. Leaving an hour to travel the canal, pop the question, eat with some wine and doard the train back to Rome. Can anybody give me advice on how to plot where I'll depart and where I'll board trains and the canal. I know the canal ends by Venezia S Lucia so would it be better to drop off at Venezia Mestre and depart on a canal from there?
Planning Trip From Rome to Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lyon circular road itinerary help please
- 2 Provence planning
- 3 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 4 From Porto to the Douro Valley wine route
- 5 Help me with this trip
- 6 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 7 Best london location to stay?
- 8 Prague for a week?
- 9 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 10 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 11 Scottland for a day!
- 12 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 13 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 14 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 15 VIGO, SPAIN
- 16 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 17 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 18 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 19 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 20 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 21 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 22 England, Paris itinerary help
- 23 Cinque Terre
- 24 South of France
- 25 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015