My family and I will be visiting Munich, Venice and maybe Florence this July. We are flying into Munich and plan to stay there for 3 days and then take train to Venice. My original plan was to do 3 days in Venice as well before returning to Munich for our departing flight. I will be traveling with my husband, mother-in-law and two sons (10 and 15). They would really like to go from Munich to Venice to Florence and Rome. We only have seven days to travel. Can someone recommend 1. The number of days I should spend in each city , 2. If we are not able to do all three cities in Italy, what is my best option, 3. What is the best way to travel? Our plan was to take the train to Venice and fly from whatever city becomes our final stop in Italy. This is our first trip, so any and all help is appreciated.
Planning to Visit Munich, Germany and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 2 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 3 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 4 Italy and Croatia
- 5 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 6 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 7 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 8 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 9 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 10 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 11 Weekend in Norfolk
- 12 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 13 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 14 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 15 Best beach town in Italy?
- 16 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 17 A Greek sojourn
- 18 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 19 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 20 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 21 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 Is Venice really dirty?
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland