My family and I will be visiting Munich, Venice and maybe Florence this July. We are flying into Munich and plan to stay there for 3 days and then take train to Venice. My original plan was to do 3 days in Venice as well before returning to Munich for our departing flight. I will be traveling with my husband, mother-in-law and two sons (10 and 15). They would really like to go from Munich to Venice to Florence and Rome. We only have seven days to travel. Can someone recommend 1. The number of days I should spend in each city , 2. If we are not able to do all three cities in Italy, what is my best option, 3. What is the best way to travel? Our plan was to take the train to Venice and fly from whatever city becomes our final stop in Italy. This is our first trip, so any and all help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 2 Milan or Turin
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Paris to Italy
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Iceland early december visit
- 10 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 11 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 25 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)