My family and I will be visiting Munich, Venice and maybe Florence this July. We are flying into Munich and plan to stay there for 3 days and then take train to Venice. My original plan was to do 3 days in Venice as well before returning to Munich for our departing flight. I will be traveling with my husband, mother-in-law and two sons (10 and 15). They would really like to go from Munich to Venice to Florence and Rome. We only have seven days to travel. Can someone recommend 1. The number of days I should spend in each city , 2. If we are not able to do all three cities in Italy, what is my best option, 3. What is the best way to travel? Our plan was to take the train to Venice and fly from whatever city becomes our final stop in Italy. This is our first trip, so any and all help is appreciated.
Planning to Visit Munich, Germany and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 2 Day trips from Lisbon
- 3 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 4 Italian Lakes
- 5 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 6 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 7 3 weeks (actually 20 nights!) in Spain
- 8 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 9 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 10 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 11 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 12 No Pooh in Poland
- 13 Another Paris apartment and Navigo Dcouverte thread
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 16 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 17 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 18 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 19 Taormina Sicily
- 20 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 21 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 22 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 23 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 24 Naxos in May
- 25 European Travel websites