I am planning to move to London in late summer and therefore have a couple of questions. I hope that you could help me with a few tipps and hints so that I can manage my start in this mega-city.
1. My first question is about the first thing I will do in London: finding accommodation. I would like to know if anyone could suggest a cheap hostel or hotel in central London from where I can start to look for a permanent flat.
2. I am going to live in central London and am wondering which areas/ suburbs are the best to live in in regards to pricing, amenities and security.
3. How much money do I need for living per week or per month living in central London? I already checked out the pricing for flats in central areas (e.g. Hyde Park, Bayswater etc.) and know that I am probably going to spent a minimum of 200 pounds and am willing to spend up to 300 pounds per weeks for a small apartment. But how much is nichtlife, food, transport (tube) etc. going to cost roughly per week or month?
I hope to get some information from insiders or people who are or who did live in London.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 2 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 3 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 4 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 5 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Areas in Milan
- 11 Melia Colbert Paris
- 12 Perugia
- 13 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Rome to venice
- 16 Help please
- 17 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 18 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 19 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 20 St Denis Cathedral
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 23 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 24 CDG much improved
- 25 Praiano