I am planning to move to London in late summer and therefore have a couple of questions. I hope that you could help me with a few tipps and hints so that I can manage my start in this mega-city.
1. My first question is about the first thing I will do in London: finding accommodation. I would like to know if anyone could suggest a cheap hostel or hotel in central London from where I can start to look for a permanent flat.
2. I am going to live in central London and am wondering which areas/ suburbs are the best to live in in regards to pricing, amenities and security.
3. How much money do I need for living per week or per month living in central London? I already checked out the pricing for flats in central areas (e.g. Hyde Park, Bayswater etc.) and know that I am probably going to spent a minimum of 200 pounds and am willing to spend up to 300 pounds per weeks for a small apartment. But how much is nichtlife, food, transport (tube) etc. going to cost roughly per week or month?
I hope to get some information from insiders or people who are or who did live in London.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 7 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 8 Schengen Rule
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Christmas Day in Granada
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 14 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 15 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 16 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 17 Zurich to Milan trip
- 18 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 24 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 25 Venice/Mestre