I am planning to move to London in late summer and therefore have a couple of questions. I hope that you could help me with a few tipps and hints so that I can manage my start in this mega-city.
1. My first question is about the first thing I will do in London: finding accommodation. I would like to know if anyone could suggest a cheap hostel or hotel in central London from where I can start to look for a permanent flat.
2. I am going to live in central London and am wondering which areas/ suburbs are the best to live in in regards to pricing, amenities and security.
3. How much money do I need for living per week or per month living in central London? I already checked out the pricing for flats in central areas (e.g. Hyde Park, Bayswater etc.) and know that I am probably going to spent a minimum of 200 pounds and am willing to spend up to 300 pounds per weeks for a small apartment. But how much is nichtlife, food, transport (tube) etc. going to cost roughly per week or month?
I hope to get some information from insiders or people who are or who did live in London.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 2 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 3 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Cordoba Overnight?
- 6 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 7 mountain views near London
- 8 Garda Land
- 9 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 10 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 11 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 14 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 15 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 16 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 19 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 20 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 21 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 22 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 25 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?