My family (4 adults) are planning a 10 day driving trip through Scotland in July. We're starting in Glasgow and driving up through the western highlands, and back down. I'm wondering how much planning I should do regarding meals? I'm a pretty detailed itinerary kind of person and I've been researching every town we're going to, but I'm wondering if I should just leave it up to chance that we find a lovely pub or cafe? Or ask locals where they eat? We're definitely a low key kind of group, and would much prefer a good local watering hole verses high end dining, so I'm thinking many good places won't even have a website. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!
Planning out restaurants?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 2 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 3 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 4 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 5 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 6 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- 7 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 8 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 9 Schengen rule made easy
- 10 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 11 Ireland or Scotland
- 12 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 13 First Trip to Europe
- 14 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 15 Is MasterCard/Visa Car Rental Insurance Worth It?
- 16 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 17 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 18 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 19 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 20 London hotel tax is 20%
- 21 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 24 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 25 Need help with itinerary