My family (4 adults) are planning a 10 day driving trip through Scotland in July. We're starting in Glasgow and driving up through the western highlands, and back down. I'm wondering how much planning I should do regarding meals? I'm a pretty detailed itinerary kind of person and I've been researching every town we're going to, but I'm wondering if I should just leave it up to chance that we find a lovely pub or cafe? Or ask locals where they eat? We're definitely a low key kind of group, and would much prefer a good local watering hole verses high end dining, so I'm thinking many good places won't even have a website. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!
Planning out restaurants?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 2 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 3 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 4 Scotland November 2015
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 7 France,Spain,Italy
- 8 Schengen Visa Rules
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 11 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 15 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 16 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 17 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 18 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 19 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 20 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 21 Portugal Trip
- 22 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 23 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 24 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 25 Adventures in Italy with Momma