We're trying to plan a one week trip at the end of May to a European destination. We're thinking about Iceland, but are a bit intimidated by figuring out where to go on such short notice. Can you just base yourself in Reykjavik and do day trips? We're interested in outdoor activities, but not camping. Can we sign up for tours once there? (We aren't crazy about overly structured organized tours.) The Iceland Air website seems to offer information about a lot of tours, but everytime I try to find information about it it just kicks me into a flight search page (and the flight I asked for cost more than $5000!). Thanks for your help.
Planning one week in Iceland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 2 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 3 Best data sim
- 4 MADRID--Restaurants, & tapas bars--please advise!
- 5 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 6 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 7 Weekend in London; looking for the best Indian food
- 8 suggested 9 day itinerary in Europe - Valentines Day!
- 9 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 10 Tickets for premier league and England games
- 11 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 12 Need help on Drive from Granada to Sevilla
- 13 first family trip to Switzerland
- 14 Driving Zagreb-Budapest-Vienna-Prague
- 15 Getting from Zagreb to Vienna to Cesky Krumlov to Prague, etc.
- 16 Trouble deciding between backpack or wheeled luggage
- 17 Family Vacation Mallorca
- 18 the best of italy?
- 19 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 20 Malaga – Enjoying a Spanish vibe on the Costa del Sol
- 21 Alterations to night trains routes
- 22 Is 5000 miles realistic in 14-16 days?
- 23 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 24 So much to do, so little time!
- 25 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands