We're trying to plan a one week trip at the end of May to a European destination. We're thinking about Iceland, but are a bit intimidated by figuring out where to go on such short notice. Can you just base yourself in Reykjavik and do day trips? We're interested in outdoor activities, but not camping. Can we sign up for tours once there? (We aren't crazy about overly structured organized tours.) The Iceland Air website seems to offer information about a lot of tours, but everytime I try to find information about it it just kicks me into a flight search page (and the flight I asked for cost more than $5000!). Thanks for your help.
Planning one week in Iceland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 4 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 5 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 9 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 10 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 13 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 14 Trip around Spain
- 15 Trieste as a day trip?
- 16 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 Spain - Andalucia
- 20 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 21 One more last question on Bayeux
- 22 banger rally around europe?
- 23 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 24 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 25 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!