We're trying to plan a one week trip at the end of May to a European destination. We're thinking about Iceland, but are a bit intimidated by figuring out where to go on such short notice. Can you just base yourself in Reykjavik and do day trips? We're interested in outdoor activities, but not camping. Can we sign up for tours once there? (We aren't crazy about overly structured organized tours.) The Iceland Air website seems to offer information about a lot of tours, but everytime I try to find information about it it just kicks me into a flight search page (and the flight I asked for cost more than $5000!). Thanks for your help.
Planning one week in Iceland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 2 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 3 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 4 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 5 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 6 London and Where Else in late December?
- 7 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 8 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 9 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 10 London - Site List Triage -
- 11 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 12 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 13 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 16 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 17 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 18 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 19 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 20 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 21 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 22 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 Southern Ireland Help
- 25 Bologna tips