I will be traveling to Rome with a teenager(15) and then have 9 days. Need advice on the logistics and advice on traveling on our own is a better idea or taking day tours from Rome. We would like to stay in Rome for 3 days, go to Florence for 2 days/1nt, then to Venice for 2days/1nt, travel to Naples/Amalfi Coast 2 days/1nt and back to Rome. How would I book transportation from one place to the next, transfers to and from hotel and sightseeing in the city. Open to ideas and suggestions.
Planning my trip to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Foie gras, redux
- 2 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 3 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 4 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 5 Train to Airport in Venice
- 6 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 7 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 8 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 13 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Airport to Piraeus
- 16 Trieste and Koper
- 17 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 18 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 19 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 20 What still confounds you about travel?
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Pronunciation